Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    But, I found the event lacking.
    I expected a little more.
    Anybody else think this would improve the event, or am I off-base here?

Dr. Buck:

Agree with you that folks should lighten up but you opened a very wide door with the above comments in your post. A bit more tact could have been used in the heading and then putting this in front of folks who really, really just had a great time.

And then you invited the comments with your closing line.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

"While the OP's intention was innocent, a title expressing disappointment and a content making suggestions in the same breath as praising the event, tends to come across as ingracious."

Intent, content, reaction.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    "While the OP's intention was innocent, a title expressing disappointment and a content making suggestions in the same breath as praising the event, tends to come across as ingracious."

Intent, content, reaction.
    I also think it is ingracious to not give the OP the benefit of the doubt and look at his entire post to try to discern what he means.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I also think it is ingracious to not give the OP the benefit of the doubt and look at his entire post to try to discern what he means.

Agree. If you look at the first response to his post you'll see I did just that. Reaction is a choice. I chose to understand where he was coming from not where the post was likely to go.

Spyder Garage

Default Disapointment With BRP Owners Event

Let's see if I have this completely straight! Folks are "commenting" about "this" should have happened or that "this" didn't happen at an event that cost $ 0.00 to register, gave you 2 super catered sit down meals with tea and/or lemonade, free water during the entire 2 days, a $30 gas card for your "trouble", an opportunity to ride some of the best motorcycle roads in the world, with preprinted free directions, a chance to meet over 1000 fellow Spyder enthusiasts, have an array of Spyder parts and accessories available for immediate purchase (a selection that most Dealers would not even think or afford carrying), an opportunity to win a once in a lifetime all expense paid trip to Europe with free Spyder to use while you are there (you did have to be present to win) and folks are still not satisfied?

I enjoyed myself, had a great time meeting, eating, riding, talking Spyder.

THANK YOU BRP FOR A WONDERFUL EVENT!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to next year!!!

KYSPYDER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kyspyder View Post
    a $30 gas card for your "trouble",

KYSPYDER
    First I heard of the gas card, I didn't get one. Still a great event and had a good time.
    2012 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    First I heard of the gas card, I didn't get one. Still a great event and had a good time.
    I didn't think I got one as well, but was told it was in with my name tag... There it was!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Disapointment With BRP Owners Event

The gas card was in the back of the sleeve with your name badge.

KYSPYDER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    While the OP's intention was innocent, a title expressing disappointment and a content making suggestions in the same breath as praising the event, tends to come across as ingracious. A title of Suggestions For Future Events or something similar might have drawn less flak. The bottom line here is that BRP provides this to us entirely at their expense. It is their privilege to do so wherever and however they see fit. We should be nothing but grateful. It is always our choice not to attend if it doesn't meet our desires. The last I heard, attendance was not mandatory. It is also acceptable for us to tell them what we would like to see, but if done in a more encouraging way it might get a better response. JMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Agree. If you look at the first response to his post you'll see I did just that. Reaction is a choice. I chose to understand where he was coming from not where the post was likely to go.
    I can agree with all these, and I also probably was harsh in my reaction, as I misinterpreted the intent of the original post.

I can also admit that I have become very "short" with many of the negative posters on here.

We have the folks who beat the right foot dead horse - I know it is hot down there, is it really so bat that it takes all the joy out of riding? That is the "tone" from some folks.

We have the one who loved his spyder for about a week, then hated it so much he is going to get a Gold Wing, and then give the Spyder to his girl friend... Boy, he must hate her!!! Now he only shows up here to throw digs at BRP, and the Spyder... It's nice to know that some people have nothing better to do with their lives than to try to bring others down...

We have the typical complainers about the dealers, the distribution chain, the manufacturer, the quality control... All of which SOMEONE can experience with ANY vehicle! You can't say that it doesn't happen with Honda, or even an Auto manufacturer, because it happens all the time.

Is BRP perfect? No. They do have a lot of growing to do as far as support for this machine. I too would like to see a better reins on the dealers, weed out the bad ones, train more techs, etc..., but that doesn't take away the enjoyment we are having with Spyder ownership.

Bottom line... Make suggestions in a POSITIVE manner, sometimes we all need to "vent" about certain episodes... That is fine, but if you are so unhappy with the Spyder that all you can do is show up to complain, you would be better off getting rid of it, and forgetting you ever had a screen name here... Just my opinion....

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    I can agree with all these, and I also probably was harsh in my reaction, as I misinterpreted the intent of the original post.

I can also admit that I have become very "short" with many of the negative posters on here.

We have the folks who beat the right foot dead horse - I know it is hot down there, is it really so bat that it takes all the joy out of riding? That is the "tone" from some folks.

We have the one who loved his spyder for about a week, then hated it so much he is going to get a Gold Wing, and then give the Spyder to his girl friend... Boy, he must hate her!!! Now he only shows up here to throw digs at BRP, and the Spyder... It's nice to know that some people have nothing better to do with their lives than to try to bring others down...

We have the typical complainers about the dealers, the distribution chain, the manufacturer, the quality control... All of which SOMEONE can experience with ANY vehicle! You can't say that it doesn't happen with Honda, or even an Auto manufacturer, because it happens all the time.

Is BRP perfect? No. They do have a lot of growing to do as far as support for this machine. I too would like to see a better reins on the dealers, weed out the bad ones, train more techs, etc..., but that doesn't take away the enjoyment we are having with Spyder ownership.

Bottom line... Make suggestions in a POSITIVE manner, sometimes we all need to "vent" about certain episodes... That is fine, but if you are so unhappy with the Spyder that all you can do is show up to complain, you would be better off getting rid of it, and forgetting you ever had a screen name here... Just my opinion....

1. You should anme names.

2. The old if you don't like it sell it........is wearing thin.

3. Don't pee on my foot and tell me it's raining.

Spyder Garage

shelbydave,

I want to ask you a question regarding one of your comments above; but, will start a separate thread.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

1. You should anme names.

2. The old if you don't like it sell it........is wearing thin.

1. no sense in that... we all read the posts here.

2. I wouldn't keep any vehicle I was unhappy with, I wouldn't do repeat business with any dealer I was unhappy with, I wouldn't buy a product from any manufacturer I was unhappy with. I don't understand why anyone would, unless their sole purpose in life is to complain.

3. huh?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    shelbydave,

I want to ask you a question regarding one of your comments above; but, will start a separate thread.
    If it's a question for me, please PM me. I don't feel personal "discussions" should muddy up the public forums,,,

Spyder Garage

Just be glad it's not a mudslide.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    They also have seminars that appeal to the female side as well such as cooking in an RV, etc.
    Did I really just read the above?

Wow.

30 lashes with a wet noodle for that one......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default BRP sucks.

Titles are everything. How many people read a title and not the article? A lot.

It doesn't matter what good I have to say after my title because there will be a good number of people that all they read was...... BRP sucks.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    My only disappointment is I didn't get to meet all of the other SpyderLovers I wanted to meet. I did get to meet many others I didn't know.
    Thank you BRP for this event!
    My only disappointment was I couldn't go.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

I wouldn't do a heat mod that suggests my Spyder should be docked at the local marina.

But hey. We all have our own ways of doing things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    If it's a question for me, please PM me. I don't feel personal "discussions" should muddy up the public forums,,,
    To late; but, it isn't really personal.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Wow.

I thought the same thing. Just didn't want to go there

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Wow.

Yeah, I was trying to be gracious with that poster. I have to remember Spyderlovers come in all ages.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default police man traffic guard

I think the only thing poorly missed was a traffic cop to direct traffic out of the grounds when we all was leaving at the end but that may have been a over site by BRP but all in all it was great even the weather was not a disappointment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderpoop View Post
    I think the only thing poorly missed was a traffic cop to direct traffic out of the grounds when we all was leaving at the end but that may have been a over site by BRP but all in all it was great even the weather was not a disappointment

would have been nice to have a traffic cop to handle Hwy 19 traffic... when we did the Rattler on friday, Seth took it upon himself to block traffic so the group could leave the various stops we made in Hot Springs, Marshall, etc

while we got caught in the storm on Thursday at the top of the mountain (we had already ridden the Moonshiner 28, the Tail of the Dragon, and some other stuff before the rain started), getting caught in 2 hours of rain as we slowly headed to Maggie Valley after doing a LOT of incredible road riding, I can overlook the rain on ONE afternoon - Friday and Saturday were perfect riding weather days

plus when I finally arrived at the Microtel, the lady at the front desk allowed me to use the hotel dryer to dry my soaked stuff - FOR FREE!!
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Can't speak to who went to the event and who did not. But, can say with complete confidence there are many now riding spyder's who don't have the first clue on how to do, or, are initially intimidated at the thought, of doing the very basic things he mentioned.

Some of us who have been around cycling for years should remember from where we came.

Really!
    Hear, hear! Also remember that some of us have busy lives and jobs elsewhere and do not have the time, inclination or the talent (in my case definitely the last one) to do maintenance of the spyder on own. It certainly doesn't mean we should not be allowed to own one! Please, a little tolerance for the less mechanically capable! On the other hand I am quite willing and do pay others that do have the knowledge and ability to work on my spyder for me, and I just enjoy the rides. I figure that there are quite a few XX people out there like me and some XY's as well. I admire people like Lamonster and others who obviously do have the skill for all kinds of things I will never do- but I have the good sense to realize it will never be a talent for me. Good ryding to all!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    Geez, Excuse me for expressing MY opinion.

After reading through the comments I had to go back and look at what I wrote in the original post. I think I clearly stated in the first sentence that we had a GREAT time. I don't think I said anything sucked, or BRP did anything wrong or attendees got screwed, or more stuff should have been given away. All I said was " I found the event lacking.......What was lacking were any technical forums."

You guys that throw out the lawyer card in every other post need to chill out and get into the real world. How is what I suggested any different from getting advice from others on the forum? Suppose a member or group of members posted a suggested way of doing something on their Spyder? Will you jump in and post don't tell or show anyone how to do anything because they might sue you or Spyder lovers if they get hurt or forget to do something and the wheel falls off? What about vendors posting "how to's" in response to members questions? Maybe the forum should be shut down before someone gets sued?

If so many misinterpreted what I had in the original post, maybe you can understand why some people can't completely understand user and technical manuals and a how a "how to" seminar might benifit them.

Lighten up people.
    I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, Wherever You Are" (Jimmy Durante)
    2001 Valkryie Interstate with Lehman Trike
    2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
    2006 Goldwing with Champion Trike
    2011 Harley Ultra Classic Tri Glide
    2013 Can-Am RT Limited