Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm reminded of Capone's Corollary: "You can accomplish so much more with a kind word and a Smith & Wesson than with a kind word alone."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

.. or if they have a good looking wife, as if you can sit on her lap.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Keeping strangers off and a subwoofer...

I replaced the information sticker with the sticker in the picture that I purchased on eBay. I pull this out every time I park the Spyder and have never had anyone try to sit on the bike. I think I paid $2.00. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370972394.739144.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try a simple note like, just look don't touch please.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And then they'll say, "Oh! I'm sorry; I didn't see your note."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Keeping strangers off and a subwoofer...

I think most of them would probably fall into the "I can't read" category if they are dumb enough to climb on someone else's property.

Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk....t
    Sent from the corner of walk and don't walk...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    For those of you who have the alarm with the pager - Have you ever had to react to the alarm going off? Was there someone sitting ON the spyder? How did you handle them?

As ticked off as I would be, I know it's not good P.R to come out with "Guns a blazin", but they also need to know it is rude and unacceptable to sit on it without permission.

I haven't discovered anybody sitting on mine yet, but I wondered what I would do if I did... One option is to strike up a conversation, turn it around to "What are you driving?", and when they tell you, go over and sit on the hood, or roof! Then when they ask what you are doing, just turn it around on them... They should get the hint then..
    After I installed the SPY5000m alarm I took the Spyder to a nearby city and parked it in a parking lot very near a very popular walking/biking path where hundreds of people pass by. Then I armed it and walked about 50 yards away where I could watch it unseen. It only took about ten minutes before someone wanted a closer look. He was leaning in over the seat and it looked like he was at least thinking about sitting on it. Within about 5 seconds or so the proximity sensor kicked in. The 120 db alarm went off and the poor guy jumped in the air like a frightened cat and quickly left. And that was just the warning alarm, not the full alarm which goes off if the warning is ignored. The alarm reset itself quickly and the next victim came along in about 15 minutes later. Same thing, couldn't help but laugh and feel a bit guilty. After that I felt bad and ended the experiment but the alarm worked perfectly. No one is going to be able to sit on the seat unless they're deaf, the alarm kicks in well before they even have a chance to swing a leg.

In normal practice I use both the alarm and a Nelson Rigg half cover. The cover works just as good as the alarm because it hides the Spyder enough so as not to draw in curious onlookers. From my observations no one goes near it when covered. The alarm is only there to act as a secondary deterrent.

Don't wait until someone sits on your Spyder, and avoid any unnecessary confrontations. Either a cover or an alarm (or both) will resolve the problem.

Spyder Garage

A quick question on the 5000.... Would this be a good option if I have to start parking the bike in an apartment lot. I intend to keep it covered and will be securing it with cord and lock, but I want as much protection as possible.

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

get some barbed wire
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

I was in the Finger lakes region the other day with my family and the dog. I parked the spyder next to our SUV at the far end of the lot so people would be less likely to mess with it. After a while my daughter wanted to swim and the dog needed to be walked, so I was assigned the doggie doo-doo-detail. I was walking the dog about 30 yards away from the bike when an F-350 diesel pulled into the spot right next to the spyder. The guy got out and walked around the spyder before looking toward the lake and deciding it was safe to sit. I walked up to him and asked him if I could sit in his truck. Dumbfounded, he looked at me for a second before realizing that he had been caught. He regained his composure and explained to me that his truck cost more than 60,000 dollars and that if he wanted a spyder he could just go buy one. Without missing a beat I told him that there were plenty at the dealership he could scratch up if he wanted to sit on one, and that he should get his F****** A** off of mine. I probably should have keyed his tonka truck, but I let it go after he got off the spyder and drove away. Some people have no class.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

I have a sun-shield that attaches with 4 hooks in seconds. If I'm going somewhere where the Spyder is out of sight, it's covered. Always...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I have a sun-shield that attaches with 4 hooks in seconds. If I'm going somewhere where the Spyder is out of sight, it's covered. Always...
    I've been looking for something like this. Can you post some pictures? Where did you get it? Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    After I installed the SPY5000m .
    Were you able to make the remote start work on this model alarm?
    I would assume to do that you need to leave the key in?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyvermont View Post
    I've been looking for something like this. Can you post some pictures? Where did you get it? Thanks!
    The "new versions" are here: http://www.cycleshade.com My old one is a US flag & eagle on a spandex rectangle (which I prefer). These were $10 to $12 in 2008/9, and fit in a small stuff bag. Now: http://www.motorcycleshade.com, has them for $60…

Wouldn't be as pretty, but you might have a lady-friend stitch one together out of a piece of Spandex, add grommets, and hooks to hold it on??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Registered Users Orange monster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How about a frunk monkey... Lol
    2013 RSS
    Grip Puppies, Calsci Tinted Shorty windshield, Garage remote mod