Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New Forum Section Needed................

It has become so painful to come on hear and listen to the moaning and complaining not only from "current owners" but it seems also from the "maybe owners" or better yet from the "ex owners". We clearly need a section where all the moaning and complaining can all be placed. That way if you come on the forum and want to moan and complain you know exactly where to go. If you come on the site but don't want to hear all the moaning and complaining you know where not to go. This site has been a great source of information and also a few laughs with some of the less than suicidal owners. But it quite frankly is just killing the majority of the enjoyment, every thread it seems degrades to what Canam or a Canam Dealer has screwed up? I find it somewhat incredible that the entire population of the worlds idiots either work at Canam or else one of their dealers, I mean what's the chances of that happening? If you are an owner and don't like your Spyder, please do us all a favour and sell the frickin thing! If you don't own a Spyder but are considering buying one but are all concerned at the moaning and complaining you read, guess what don't frickin buy one! If you are an ex owner appreciate what ex means and get over it. Where will it all end...................
    Last edited by Buttsy; 06-10-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    It has become so painful to come on hear and listen to the moaning and complaining not only from "current owners" but it seems also from the "maybe owners" or better yet from the "ex owners". We clearly need a section where all the moaning and complaining can all be placed. That way if you come on the forum and want to moan and complain you know exactly where to go. If you come on the site but don't want to hear all the moaning and complaining you know where not to go. This site has been a great source of information and also a few laughs with some of the less than suicidal owners. But it quite frankly is just killing the majority of the enjoyment, every thread it seems degrades to what Canam or a Canam Dealer has screwed up? I find it somewhat incredible that the entire population of the worlds idiots either work at Canam or else one of their dealers, I mean what's the chances of that happening? If you are an owner and don't like your Spyder, please do us all a favour and sell the frickin thing! If you don't own a Spyder but are considering buying one but are all concerned at the moaning and complaining you read, guess what don't frickin buy one! If you are an ex owner appreciate what ex means and get over it. Where will it all end...................
    Very well said... this statement has been needed for a while!

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Buttsy - if something raises your hackles. Move on!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more.

If someone is looking for a filtered message go to: http://spyder.brp.com/home

If you're looking for help with your problem and a solution because one of the 11,000 plus members here has been there and can walk you through or alongside you...STAY HERE.

Kraig
    2012 RT SE5
    2010 RT-622 trailer
    2013 Triump Bonneville T100
    1971 Honda CT70
    1972 Honda CT70H

Spyder Garage

I am certainly guilty of posting a complaint over excess belt vibration. I have also posted, in the same, that BRP has too much intelligence in house to fail. They have developed an extraordinary machine and I know they can take care of a few minor things. AND SELL MORE THAN EVER!! I never have complained about my purchase. I enjoy every mile.
    2011 RT LTD w/XM. And a heavily modified and happy owner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

everybody should feel that there's a spot in here for them to look for solutions to issues...
    I'm also not a big fan of venting just for the sake of venting; but I've been guilty of that too...
    If somebody takes off on a "BRP and their bikes stink" tear; all we can do is try and get them back on the path that leads to problems being solved...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default canada

maybe we just need a site for canadians to g o too that's not interested in peoples views

Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas
    Spyder Garage

What....you don't want my moans and groans about how much in dept I am?
    Do things like your life depends on it. It COULD!

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by spydercowboy View Post
    What....you don't want my moans and groans about how much in dept I am?

Nobody said anything about groans..... It's the moans and complaints that are being discussed in this thread.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't believe there should be a separate section for complainers, but I DO understand your frustration. When the threads are constructive criticizm, that is fine. Things can be discussed, and possibly problems solved. However, I see too many people whopost things like "This thing is the worst piece of crap", or "My goldwing never had all these problems" Those are stupid, and unconsructive comments, and those who post those comments instantly lose all credibility with me. They deserve neither a reply, or even a moment of my attention.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    Il est devenu si douloureux à venir sur les entendre et d'écouter les gémissements et se plaindre non seulement de "propriétaires actuels" mais il semble également des «peut-être propriétaires» ou mieux encore de les «anciens propriétaires». Nous avons clairement besoin d'une section où tous les gémissements et se plaignant peuvent tous être placés. De cette façon, si vous venez sur le forum et que vous voulez à gémir et à se plaindre vous savez exactement où aller. Si vous arrivez sur le site, mais ne veulent pas entendre tous les gémissements et se plaindre que vous savez où ne pas aller. Ce site a été une grande source d'information et aussi quelques rires avec quelques-uns des moins de propriétaires suicidaires. Mais c'est franchement est juste en train de tuer la majorité de la jouissance, chaque thread, il semble se dégrade à ce Canam ou un concessionnaire Canam a foiré? Je trouve cela un peu incroyable que l'ensemble de la population des mondes idiots soit travailler chez Canam ou bien un de leurs concessionnaires, je veux dire ce qui est des chances que cela se produise? Si vous êtes propriétaire et que vous n'avez pas votre Spyder, s'il vous plaît faites nous une faveur et de vendre la chose putain! Si vous ne possédez pas un Spyder, mais envisagez d'acheter un, mais sont tous concernés au gémissement et se plaindre que vous lisez, devinez quoi ne pas FRICKIN acheter un! Si vous êtes un ancien propriétaire apprécier ce que signifie ex et s'en remettra. Où tout cela finira .................
    For those who speak/read french.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderpoop View Post
    maybe we just need a site for canadians to g o too that's not interested in peoples views
    If it wasn't for us Canadians you Americans wouldn't be ryding spyders

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteve View Post
    And that's a fact! Jack

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Sometimes Can-Am... And sometimes Can-Am-Not...

For me, it's been mostly Can-Am... (though I didn't win the drag races at Spyderfest and I'm having a hard time getting over that... I should probably moan and groan and maybe squeeze out a little sympathy vote..)
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteve View Post

If it wasnt for us Americans, either would you!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default quality

so maybe that's the problem with the quality being shipped over state lines

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    If it wasnt for us Americans, either would you!
    Why?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    When the threads are constructive criticizm, that is fine. Things can be discussed, and possibly problems solved. However, I see too many people whopost things like "This thing is the worst piece of crap", or "My goldwing never had all these problems" Those are stupid, and unconsructive comments, and those who post those comments instantly lose all credibility with me.
    Thanks Dave...........this was my point. Perhaps my presentation was not quite clear enough, yours is much easier to follow. Asking for feedback is no problem but moaning and complaining is killing this site.
    2011 RTS SM5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

so maybe that's the problem with the quality being shipped over state lines
    Or your dealer who assembles it

Spyder Garage

Default moans& groans

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Nobody said anything about groans..... It's the moans and complaints that are being discussed in this thread.
    i thought the moans happen when the spyder breaks. the groans happen when we find out how much it will cost to fix the spyder..
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default Guess Who...................

So here is an example of what I was trying to articulate: A relatively new member creates a thread about the excitement and anticipation of riding to Maggie Valley. He mentions not having been on such a long road trip for years and years. You could sense the excitement in his post..........Along comes Mr. Positive and posts this:
    understand being nervous if the spyder was as reliable as the Goldwing I would not be but its far from it and I,am leaveing Thursday Morning and only 5 hours maybe drive time and never even thought to take this bike more then a hour from the house due to its reputation it has but I ,ll try it anyway so good luck ride safe and slow and hope it makes it
    Guess who? Seriously if you don't get it in less than 30 seconds.................. Come on Spyderpooper let all of us that are not nearly as insightful as you have a little fun will you? Don't poop on our Spyder fun.
    2011 RTS SM5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have to agree with Butsey. When folks have a problem they should come to the site with it even if there is a moan or a groan embedded in the thread. But lately we have had folks post flammer threads in multiple locations of the site with nothing constructive. We don't even get a chance to understand the issues or what version or year of the Spyder in question. Just a lot of I hate my dealer. I hate BRP etc. This type of posting is of no value to either us or the original poster except as a vent. I can't understand the mentality of folks who proclaim their extreme dislike for the product that they own but continue to own it. Some even use a highly derogatory derisive Spyder name as their username! I just fail to understand this.

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    i thought the moans happen when the spyder breaks. the groans happen when we find out how much it will cost to fix the spyder..

NO no no..... The OP was clearly moaning and complaining about other people moaning and complaining. So his moaning and complaining was a different type of moaning and complaining than the other moaners and complainers he was referring to.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    NO no no..... The OP was clearly moaning and complaining about other people moaning and complaining. So his moaning and complaining was a different type of moaning and complaining than the other moaners and complainers he was referring to.
    Tough crowd around here tonight................
    2011 RTS SM5