Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    In 1869 Paul Langerhans, a medical student in Germany, was studying the histology of the pancreas. He noted that this organ has two distinct types of cells—acinar cells, now known to secrete digestive enzymes, and islet cells (now called Islets of Langerhans). The function of islet cells was suggested in 1889 when German physiologist and pathologist Oskar Minkowski and German physician Joseph von Mering showed that removing the pancreas from a dog caused the animal to exhibit a disorder quite similar to human diabetes mellitus (elevated blood glucose and metabolic changes). After this discovery, a number of scientists in various parts of the world attempted to extract the active substance from the pancreas so that it could be used to treat diabetes.

One of those scientists was Romanian physiologist Nicolas C. Paulescu. Paulescu received his education in Paris, where he trained under French physician Étienne Lancereaux. Lancereaux had long suspected that the pancreas was the source of diabetes. At the beginning of the 20th century, having received doctorates in biological chemistry and the natural sciences from the University of Paris, Paulescu began searching for the active pancreatic substance that he believed would cure diabetes. He returned to Bucharest, where, working in experimental physiology at the university there, he later hypothesized that the active substance of the pancreas acts on glucose, allowing glucose to be stored in muscles and in the liver, and when absent, results in the accumulation of glucose in the blood. Between 1914 and 1916, Paulescu performed experiments in which he obtained an antidiabetic pancreatic extract. He conducted a series of experiments in 1916 in which he injected the extract into diabetic dogs and measured blood glucose levels.
    Doc,
    As I Type I for 48 years, Thanks for this info! I wasn't aware of some of these other contributions...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users EnjoyingTheRyde's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have a complaint!

Just kidding...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So far I only have 1500 miles on my 2013 RS-S but this is the best investment in fun and enjoyment I have ever made. No complaints here...Not saying I won't have problems in the future. Hopefully the best warranty will cover it when it happens.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have never seen so my complaints about complaints and complaining on a thread about complaints in my life!

Geez...

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Most people would rather be certain they're miserable''
    Than risk being happy........

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^holy crap have we been busy or what? You Americans always being cocky about the whole moon thing, where the heck would you all be without us?
    You forgot that back in the late 80's that the Corel Corporation bought up the office suite pioneer WordPerfect that was about to go under the Microsoft logo. Moved it to Canada rebranded it by adding Corel to the name and took Microsoft and others on toe to toe.

We would be doing what we do best, poking our noses under your tent flaps and bit@hing and griping about everything!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteve View Post
    If it wasn't for us Canadians you Americans wouldn't be ryding spyders
    and if it wasn't for us americans you Canadians wouldn't have that acid rain.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Well, it didn't take very long for this thread to go to h@$$.
    Have to agree ! Lets just all be friends and ride on!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    I have never seen so my complaints about complaints and complaining on a thread about complaints in my life!

Geez...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: New Forum Section Needed................

I don't kiss BRP's butt and tell it like it is. I never received a replacement Spyder and never signed a non disclosure statement. All of my cost was out of my pocket so I feel like I can state facts. If you don't want to read them, move to another page in the forum .just my opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showt...wing-vs-spyder Read this if you want to know what all your moaning and groaning does to other people who are looking at buying a spyder. Is the spyder a perfect bike no I have ridden many bikes and owned many and have yet to find the perfect bike. I get tried of reading about what a crummy bike the spyder is. If it is soooo bad why did you buy it. I bought mine because I liked it and expected to have some problems with it. because the spyder is still fairly new techkowledge (sp) If you are having problems ask about them orfind a dealer that can fix them. You don't need to bitch about them over and over. It just brings us all down. And Yes I am new here, but have put over 4500 miles on in less than 6 weeks so I am a rider. 100,00 miles on my wing and still like it.

Spyder Garage

Default Break Time

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    Tough crowd around here tonight................
    After reading several comments, I feel its time for a change; a weeks break/vacation from this and see how it all turns out. The General rule comes to mind "Think before you speak and half the battles one", this is a great site for anyone who owns or is thinking about purchasing a Can-Am Spyder. Children play fair, Kindergarten 101...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by keltic View Post
    http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showt...wing-vs-spyder Read this if you want to know what all your moaning and groaning does to other people who are looking at buying a spyder. Is the spyder a perfect bike no I have ridden many bikes and owned many and have yet to find the perfect bike. I get tried of reading about what a crummy bike the spyder is. If it is soooo bad why did you buy it. I bought mine because I liked it and expected to have some problems with it. because the spyder is still fairly new techkowledge (sp) If you are having problems ask about them orfind a dealer that can fix them. You don't need to bitch about them over and over. It just brings us all down. And Yes I am new here, but have put over 4500 miles on in less than 6 weeks so I am a rider. 100,00 miles on my wing and still like it.
    It goes even further than this. There are disgruntled owners on the Forum who PM some folks who post that they are thinking about getting a Spyder with horror stories about how unreliable and worthless the Spyder line is. Of course this is done under the PM cloak so it's not made public. I feel that this is not what the Forum is about and is counter productive.

Spyder Garage

My friend drives a Ford... I am still friends with him. I no longer have a spyder, for my own reasons. With that said, I would hope not to lose new friends I have made on this forum just because I let hot-wheels go. Yes I am guilty of complaing of a prob. or two...three... but some times folks here may have an answer for ya.
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do we need a new section for the former Spyder owners, who are now looking at life from the "Dark Side"???

Spyder Garage

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"