Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip Meter Problem

Have a 2011 R/T limited, the A-Trip meter is not working, reg miles clicks off ok and B- Trip meter works fine. Checked to make sure it wasn't on pause and when't thru everything again cancel, resume etc and still does not work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by johnnie1 View Post
    Have a 2011 R/T limited, the A-Trip meter is not working, reg miles clicks off ok and B- Trip meter works fine. Checked to make sure it wasn't on pause and when't thru everything again cancel, resume etc and still does not work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Go to trip A and set it to 'pause' ......... it's kind of backwards logic....at least, to some.
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 06-08-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

my first spyder did the same thing and after the third time of going through the pause, go, pause, go etc
    it finally cleared and resumed working.. pretty sure that my hitting pause originally by accident started the process
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default me too

Strangely, I had the same thing happen about a week ago. Have to admit I've never even looked at the "pause" opition & did not know about it. I cleared both A & B as I normally do, and B worked but A did not. Noticed it after about 35 miles. I messed with it a few times trying to reset it, and eventually it started. Not sure what I did to stop it or to start it again.

Put something exciting between your legs--ride a Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting..!!

gonna have to look into this pause thing. Don't any have a problem probably because I don't have/ or know about a pause button... I'll be back...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Go to trip A and set it to 'pause' ......... it's kind of backwards logic....at least, to some.

Fooled me once...

JT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip meter

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    gonna have to look into this pause thing. Don't any have a problem probably because I don't have/ or know about a pause button... I'll be back...
    You might be better off not knowing, seems like I had this problem when I hit pause and resume, was playing with it, it is my wife's bike so I'm in trouble.

Spyder Garage

RE: Pause/resume function. When you clear the gauge to zero--you hit the bottom button on the mode switch. I believe the top button on the mode switch makes the pause/resume function to kick in. The guage will read the opposite of what you want. When it says pause--it is working. When it says resume--it is in pause. Go figure!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    RE: Pause/resume function. When you clear the gauge to zero--you hit the bottom button on the mode switch. I believe the top button on the mode switch makes the pause/resume function to kick in. The guage will read the opposite of what you want. When it says pause--it is working. When it says resume--it is in pause. Go figure!
    Having programmed hundreds of HMI's (Human Machine Interface) I can understand the programmers logic... I ain't saying it is the best way to convey the state of a toggle item to a user.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Having programmed hundreds of HMI's (Human Machine Interface) I can understand the programmers logic... I ain't saying it is the best way to convey the state of a toggle item to a user.

JT
    They are asking what you want to do, rather than telling the state of the trip meter. Unfortunately some owner's brains don't work like that, so it can be confusing...as could the opposite approach. It would be better to show both choices and highlight the current state of the toggle...IMO.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    They are asking what you want to do, rather than telling the state of the trip meter. Unfortunately some owner's brains don't work like that, so it can be confusing...as could the opposite approach. It would be better to show both choices and highlight the current state of the toggle...IMO.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now you've got me scared to even touch mine...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post

JT
    that one got me too. I got it counting again and didn't even know what I done When I posted my problem of B not counting and learned of the Pause feature I had to go to the garage and look. sure enough it's there.
    Happy Spyderlovers