Spyder Garage

Default Is there a Windshield Edging that would channel water to the sides?

Been in the rain lately and noticed particularly how it rolls over the top edge of the windshield and back towards me, and some runs down the inside of the WS. Is there any type of edging that would channel the rain over to the outside edge?

Someone suggested I try the door edging sold in auto stores but I have some doubt that it would help. Any other ideas?
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

McMaster-Carr has a lot of rubber channel.

Spyder Garage

hmmmm..... interesting idea.... a clear material would be best
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Check on line with J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk. I know I've seen a device that snaps on across the top of the windshield and deflects the wind in a higher pattern, it's shaped like a rear spoiler on a car. You might try searching "motorcycle windshield wind deflector" or something like that.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default SAENG stealth edging

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Been in the rain lately and noticed particularly how it rolls over the top edge of the windshield and back towards me, and some runs down the inside of the WS. Is there any type of edging that would channel the rain over to the outside edge?

Someone suggested I try the door edging sold in auto stores but I have some doubt that it would help. Any other ideas?
    Go to www.saeng.com Their stealth slip on edging is exactly what you need- I've used on several bikes with great success.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The Saeng edging will also create a larger envelop of still air around you. This is good in winter but pretty hot in summer.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default That is called a

LAMINAR LIP
    they come in many sizes go to their web site

Quote Originally Posted by Plyrod38 View Post
    Check on line with J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk. I know I've seen a device that snaps on across the top of the windshield and deflects the wind in a higher pattern, it's shaped like a rear spoiler on a car. You might try searching "motorcycle windshield wind deflector" or something like that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BillF View Post
    Go to www.saeng.com Their stealth slip on edging is exactly what you need- I've used on several bikes with great success.

that looks interesting but I think having black edging around the windshield would be distracting for me.... but it is a nice solution

the LAMINAR LIP looks really nice
    Last edited by lookerjdc; 06-07-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

I read about doing that years ago and tried it on my Gold Wing. They suggested, and I used, clear tubing and sliced it down one side and slipped it over. Was cheap but looked OK. It worked OK, but I really didn't like the edge on the windshield. You could try that for a cheap test and then buy a more expensive solution if you like the way it works.

Put something exciting between your legs--ride a Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Default SAENG

+1 on the SAENG edging.
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

Thanks folks for all the suggestions. I should have mentioned that I have used Saeng before and it does work pretty well for wind and rain but I never particularly liked the large black strip across the top/sides.

I may try Bertmc's suggestion with the tubing or maybe a car door edge if local shops have it in clear just to see if that helps on the run up to Maggie Valley next week. You can just bet your tootie it will rain at some point.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good Luck, and let us know what you find that works the best!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black