Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default How's the wheatear out by you for boating !

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Comments kept to myself for fear of being banned, other than THANKS for making my choice to switch to a Goldwing so easy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I ask cus BRP has force me into buying a boat , lmao

i know I know my spelling is unreliable like my sts is !
    Last edited by Edsts; 06-07-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Spelling

Spyder Garage

1. Improve quality of dealer service techs and require them to keep a slightly higher inventory of commonly failed parts on hand. BRP has this data, they should use it. You can't however expect a dealer to improve the overall quality of their personalities or speed/priority of service. These are mom and pop shops and some just have no business sense. In their defense, their business does tend to be highly seasonal, and they can't afford to fully staff year round for that... So there is the rub. Get your spyder in early if you have that choice.

2. The oil view port/window on the oil tank would be probably one of the cheapest and most welcome additions to the design.

3. Please sell BRP/Spyder shirts in the form of T-shirts... Those european-canadian shirts and the material they are made of just don't ring my bell... If BRP had any brains, they'd recognize just how many branded T-shirts Harley sells in the states and just do it. It is sad that my favorite shirts are the ones from the various spyder rallies, Lamont's BBQ, and the ones from CAT Specialties (Site sponsor)

4. Selectable NANNY... I don't want to turn it off, but I do want a default touring mode, maybe a rain mode, and the mode I really want - Sport mode... Which would allow a few more degrees of steering angle and adjust the Nanny's algorithm appropriately so that she isn't shutting me down to one cylinder too soon as I exit a sharp corner in the twisties. This, I want more than a more powerful engine and probably needs to come before that or as part of that. THIS alone would get me to near immediately upgrade to a new Spyder.

5. Bigger/more powerful engine and some slightly taller gearing. You can get more power and preserve the MPG or improve it potentially. I'm starting to have my doubts that this will ever happen, but there are enough of us out there that are waiting for it. Doesn't need to be a monster, but a nice bump in HP and a little more Torque would go a long way.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mwalsh6 View Post
    I think he first question I would ask is why such an expensive CB radio can't transmit worth a damm. At about $900 it should be one of the best on the market. This was a very dissapointing waste of money for me. Even with the after market antenna it is still way below average.

Mike
    If you're using an aftermarket antenna that hasn't been tuned (SWR) to your CB that is a major problem and could cause your CB final output to burnout when you transmit. The original antenna furnished with the CB is tuned (SWR) to the CB and should not be swapped out with just any antenna.

Spyder Garage

I would love the heat blowing on the right side foot area to be corrected especially since it has started to warm up here my foot and leg get too hot!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    If they have two different dials 0-200mph and 0-200kph that is two different speedos with different scales so to have the same scale the mph version should read 0-125mph. I think it is very poor a sales gimmick..

JT
    It's the same dial. You go into your settings, and set it to metric rather than US. Then your analog speedometer will go from 0-200 Kilometers Per Hour rather than Miles Per Hour. Since you're in the US, your dealer set the setting to US, so you're seeing it display in Miles Per Hour. If you should happen to drive to Canada and tour around there, you can change your settings back to metric. Pretty handy I think, so I like having the same dial.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

My dealer tells me they need to get an overnight order in by noon in order to get the part the next day. That needs improvement. Also, fix the heat issue. Make it blue tooth capable. 4-ply tires. Better batteries. All in all though it's a great ride. Kudos to BRP for thinking outside of the box.
    Bill H.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    JT,

I get what you are saying but both of the speedometers are made for kph and mph. It is just a setting in the setup. If the analog display only goes up to 140, then when we have it set to kph the analog speedometer would only be able to display up to 140 kph.

Brian
    I just returned from a trip to Buffalo/Toronto and rented a Chevy Equinox in Buffalo. From the airport to the border the 140 mph speedo read in mph but once I crossed the Peace Bridge I switched over to the metric measurements and my 62 mph became 100 kph on the instrument.

My Spyder at 125 mph would register 200 in kph but I'd be okay if it topped at 112 mph (180 in kph) so I'd be happy with a gauge that topped out at 180. That would allow for bigger numbers.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    But, if they don't do a better job selecting and policeing their dealers they will slow their growth exponentially. In the end that will hurt not only them but us. imo
    and add dealership network expansion. I live smack dab in the middle of the state. We're known as the "Crossroads of America". We have multiple Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and H-D dealerships in/around the town. There's even a stand alone Duc dealer here. Do we have a Spyder dealer, NO. What is matter with this picture????????????? The closest one to me is 40 miles away. The mileage to the other 3 dealers goes up substantially.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    and add dealership network expansion. I live smack dab in the middle of the state. We're known as the "Crossroads of America". We have multiple Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki and H-D dealerships in/around the town. There's even a stand alone Duc dealer here. Do we have a Spyder dealer, NO. What is matter with this picture????????????? The closest one to me is 40 miles away. The mileage to the other 3 dealers goes up substantially.
    The 2 dealers closest to me are both 130 miles away! That's why I want at least licensed service shop closer to me.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

A turn signal button that doesn't take 30 seconds of your undivided attention to cancel. Come on, left blinker, right blinker, left blinker OMG I finally hit the sweet tiny spot in the middle to cancel the turn signal. Sometimes it cancels itself when it want's to and sometimes it goes for ever... the people behind you wonder what the heck is this idiot doing on that strange machine.

JT
    At least you don't live in Florida and have blue hair.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

RE: Expanding the dealership network. Can-Am does not open company stores as dealerships. There must be an owner/investor who either has an existing business, or is going to carry the BRP line. This undertaking is big bucks. For a new dealership, add to the inventory, the cost of fixtures, mechanical equipment, and personnel (hopefully qualified). It is kind of the luck of the draw where the dealerships are going to end up and based on where the owner is going to do business.

IMO: BRP is not hindering the process. If you got the money, they got the time. This is one of the reasons we hear a lot of bad things about certain dealerships.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-08-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default improve

a larger gas tank and LARGER engine and more attendsion to quality

Spyder Garage

Default impROVE

#1 Overall panel removal system. Make it easier, less time consuming, and not have to strip the entire bike down for access to something simple.

#2 Easy access to spark plugs

#3 Easy access to anti-freeze

#4 Oil-what scotty said (and i might add, how about screw in oil filters, no bolds to strip, torque, etc...

#5 Easy access to air filter - Battery

#6 Easier access to brake fluid

#7 Better parts distribution in the USA

#8 Cheaper maintenance- do all the above to accomplish this.

#9 Stop with the cheaply made parts, ie windshield bracket

#10 I love my spyder
    Last edited by spyder3; 06-08-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

As stated, Thank You BRP for such a vehicle that brings me such enjoyment. We all know and realize that Rome wasn't built in a day. However, I believe that there are some easy things to fix and I hope one of them is the Belt vibration. I want to some day get a new one that doesn't have that issue to begin with. I do not regret my purchase of the Spyder. I would just like to see the engineers go back to the drawing board on a few things.
    Last edited by Mad Mike; 06-08-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    2011 RT LTD w/XM. And a heavily modified and happy owner.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: What do YOU want to tell BRP at the Owner's Event?

Maybe make the heat vent open or close for cold/hot weather? Reimburse us for what we had to do to keep feet from roasting!

From Deep in the Hart of Texas!
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

That I would like to see them at the GWRRA's Wing Ding Greenville, SC in July doing demo rides.
    Honda, Harley Davidson, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, Lehman Trikes, RoadSmith, Motor Trikes and CSC Trikes will have their bike there for demo rides.

I won't be giving demo rides but will be one of the few CamAm Spyder Roadsters there. Hope to see some of Y'all there too?

Larger gas tank to get better range.
    Last edited by Cavman; 06-09-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

I've thought about this a while and instead of suggesting things that might be personal choices I think the Spyder engineers should have to have driven a Spyder 10,000 miles, 3,000 miles in 5 days, 1,000 miles in the Rockey Mtns, 1,000 miles in the desert, 1,000 miles in New York City on business days, 1,000 miles in the Smokey Mtns, 1,000 miles of Canadian back roads, 1,000 miles with 30 gallons of gas, 1,000 miles on gravel roads.

After that we won't need to say a thing they will know what to do.

JT

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

I've thought about this a while and instead of suggesting things that might be personal choices I think the Spyder engineers should have to have driven a Spyder 10,000 miles, 3,000 miles in 5 days, 1,000 miles in the Rockey Mtns, 1,000 miles in the desert, 1,000 miles in New York City on business days, 1,000 miles in the Smokey Mtns, 1,000 miles of Canadian back roads, 1,000 miles with 30 gallons of gas, 1,000 miles on gravel roads.

After that we won't need to say a thing they will know what to do.

JT

In the months of July & August
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 06-09-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: when

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On the RS I'd like: a coolant reservoir that does not self destruct and is easier to check for level, a sport rack capable of mounting a Givi topcase, and a rear fender that is suspended from above instead being bounced to destruction on the trailing arm.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation To BRP

Try to get the carpet in the 622 TRAILER to STAY! Mine is a 2010 and the carpet keeps rolling down the sides.... Mostly in front. And the rubber seal at the back has come loose. If somebody brought this up already SORRY didn't read all the posts. ran out of time. And YES I glued and it still comes down, and the rubber gasket has come loose AGAIN. Not sure Gorrilla Glue is all that great!

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've only got a few miles on my RT but here goes. Why does my lawnmower have a spin on oil filter but my spyder doesn't? I just did an oil change and wonder why it needs two filters? My Kawasaki Vulcan has one oil filter and I can buy one to fit in any auto parts store. I have to echo other comments about checking fluids, should be able to see levels without removing panels. There are small things like a hole in the key for key chains. The valve stem on the rear wheel is in a bad location. How long will it be before we can upgrade the SE5 to fully automatic? I'm sure there are other things I can't think of.

Thanks for building the Spyder!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[

QUOTE=Jerbear;637211]

In the months of July & August[/QUOTE]
    Real-World testing under Real-World conditions...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Electronics

How about more accurate instrumentation. What is the point of a temp gauge that normally is 8 degrees off and a fuel gauge that reads empty when there are 2 gallons remaining? This just makes me question the validity of the rest of the electronics.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you referring to the thermometer? That's taking readings from under the Tupperware, and I think that it's got a bit to do with the computer's juggling of the fuel delivery system...
    Fuel gauge; no excuses for that one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with JT. Ride what you sell. Ride it till it breaks. Take it back to the lab, tear it apart, RE-ENGINEER! REBUILD..Ride it until it breaks again. The problems mentioned can be easily fixed. We shouldn't have to buy after market this or that to fix whatever is wrong. The Spyder is a vehicle ahead of its time. This vehicle could take the market but not until the aforementioned issues are are solved.
    2011 RT LTD w/XM. And a heavily modified and happy owner.