Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What do YOU want to tell BRP at the Owner's Event?

Since we're all going to be at the Owner's Event soon enough, I figured I'd put this up to get people thinking about what thoughts/feedback/requests they'd like to share with the BRP reps while hobknobbing at the Owner's Event.

Aside from the inevitable "improve your dealer network, here's how," I've got two things to share:

1. A big thank you for building the Spyder, of course.

2. A request for an official top box and/or rack mount for the RS/ST. Should be easy enough to either make the RS sport rack Givi compatible from the start, or provide an adapter plate, but either way, it would be nice to have that as an official Can-Am accessory versus the jury-rig aftermarket approach folks have to take now if they choose to mount a top box. (Bonus if it includes the wiring for a high-mount brake light standard! )

So, what do YOU want to share?
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OMG! Let the sparks fly! This will be a very interesting thread no doubt

Spyder Garage

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee Ron,
    I thought for sure that you'd thank them for the limp OEM anti-swaybars...

But I do agree with your choice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you BRP for building the Spyder!
    Amazingly in 5 years she made-it over the 200,000 miles mark and FIM 2012 Speed Record.
    More to come...
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: What do YOU want to tell BRP at the Owner's Event?

Comments kept to myself for fear of being banned, other than THANKS for making my choice to switch to a Goldwing so easy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would agree with improve the dealer network. It appears that they have some sort of "regions" set up now, which in a sense will stifle competition, and will result in some shoddy dealers. Get rid of that model, and allow any MC dealer that wants to sell - provided they also have fully qualified service tech in house as well.

Also improve the supply chain process. Customers shouldn't have to wait more than 24 hours for parts to come in while their Spyder is in the shop.

Spyder Garage

My comments:

1. Underbelly skid plate is insufficient for large road debris. Front end of frunk is highly vulnerable to damage and is not flexible in small curb bumps.

2. The radiator exhaust heat problem is intolerable. Engineering a solution is not that difficult. BRP seems to have their head in the sand on this issue. As a stop gap measure, why not develop a heat deflector for venting air around or below the driver's leg and retro fit it to machines on the road?

3. Dealer service network is not adequately trained across the board and there does not seem to be adequate control over quality service.

4. In my circumstances, BRP customer service representatives do NOT get back on emails sent complaining of issues. This gives the customer the impression that BRP does not care or thumbs it nose at a customer with a serious concern.
    Last edited by diesel-dawg; 06-06-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Comments kept to myself for fear of being banned, other than THANKS for making my choice to switch to a Goldwing so easy.
    C'mon Dave...
    There's got to be something that you can say i here about your trials and tribulations...

Spyder Garage

BRP:

Thanks for getting my fat a** out of the easy chair and back in the wind.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Install a bulls-eye sightglass on the oil tank, with a corresponding view hole in the fairing!

This is long, long overdue!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: What do YOU want to tell BRP at the Owner's Event?

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Install a bulls-eye sightglass on the oil tank, with a corresponding view hole in the fairing!

That would be nice.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Good one Scotty!
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

I wish i knew what that meant. I would probably agree.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    I wish i knew what that meant. I would probably agree.

Cruzr Joe
    A sight glass is a circular or tubular glass window, that installs in the crankcase or oil tank to allow you to see the actual oil level. A bullseye glass is circular, ith a smaller circular target area and a dot at the proper level.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

A sight glass is a circular or tubular glass window, that installs in the crankcase or oil tank to allow you to see the actual oil level. A bullseye glass is circular, ith a smaller circular target area and a dot at the proper level.
    Thanks, now that i know what it is, I agree

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Since we're all going to be at the Owner's Event soon enough, I figured I'd put this up to get people thinking about what thoughts/feedback/requests they'd like to share with the BRP reps while hobknobbing at the Owner's Event.

Aside from the inevitable "improve your dealer network, here's how," I've got two things to share:

1. A big thank you for building the Spyder, of course.

2. A request for an official top box and/or rack mount for the RS/ST. Should be easy enough to either make the RS sport rack Givi compatible from the start, or provide an adapter plate, but either way, it would be nice to have that as an official Can-Am accessory versus the jury-rig aftermarket approach folks have to take now if they choose to mount a top box. (Bonus if it includes the wiring for a high-mount brake light standard! )

So, what do YOU want to share?

Buttons with better feel for the radio and menu.
    More visible yellow turn signals on front of mirror.
    Three year full warranty.
    An engine that runs at lower rpm and is quieter.

Otherwise the Spyder is a good value.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that I just see a couple of spots where they could improve the quality of some components...
    stereo
    clutches
    switches
    vacuum lines
    plug wires
    magneto ouput
    tires

Spyder Garage

A turn signal button that doesn't take 30 seconds of your undivided attention to cancel. Come on, left blinker, right blinker, left blinker OMG I finally hit the sweet tiny spot in the middle to cancel the turn signal. Sometimes it cancels itself when it want's to and sometimes it goes for ever... the people behind you wonder what the heck is this idiot doing on that strange machine.

JT

Spyder Garage

we are turning left, or is it right, wait maybe we want to stay in this lane.

Spyder Garage

I already told them when I was called yesterday by a representative of BRP. I said I loved my spyder, that I have an excellent dealer in Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Florida, that I thanked them for the expeditious way they corrected the ball joint problem, I told them that I felt it was a bit more sensitive (my 2013 that is) to wind gusts and semi trucks, but that over all I was having a ball on my spyder.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    we are turning left, or is it right, wait maybe we want to stay in this lane.
    That's why I ask new drivers this question, when you see a vehicle with the left/right (your choice) turn signal on what does that mean? They usually reply it's going to turn left/right. I say no, it just means the turn signal works and nothing else.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I already told them when I was called yesterday by a representative of BRP. I said I loved my spyder, that I have an excellent dealer in Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Florida, that I thanked them for the expeditious way they corrected the ball joint problem, I told them that I felt it was a bit more sensitive (my 2013 that is) to wind gusts and semi trucks, but that over all I was having a ball on my spyder.

And that's what it's all about!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Along the same lines as the oil sightglass how about one for the clutch fluid. Make the multi function display with better contrast for visibility in the sunshine.

Bob, they did improve the stereo on the 2013 and you can actually hear it at highway speeds.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default For a VERY NEW product - they have accomplished amazing things!

But, if they don't do a better job selecting and policeing their dealers they will slow their growth exponentially. In the end that will hurt not only them but us. imo

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.