Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Made new friends then we got robbed

Well yesterday started off great we had made plans to ride with a Spyder owner from Grand Junction, CO and his wife who are visiting Las Vegas. Joe and I and our Spyder friend Robin met Brent & Staci in the morning and we had a nice but hot ride through Red Rock Conservation area then lunch in Bonnie Springs. It was really nice to meet them and I hope they enjoy the rest of their trip.

We left them in the afternoon and went home and after dinner we took our dogs to the dog park around 9:00 pm like we do most every night. We got back home around 10:30 to find that our house had been ransacked and robbed. They had probably been watching our house and knew our habits and that we had guns. Or maybe they were just lucky. They made a real mess emptying out all of our dresser drawers and dumping everything on the floor in the closets. I wish they would have realized that I just have clothes in my drawers and closets!

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

wow so sorry that happened well i hope they get the guys that did it.hope someone heres something or saw them.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Default Violated

So sorry!

Been there. After the fact it was all very clear. A young girl setting on the curb every morning on my way to the shop.......always seemed odd. After the break in, she was never there again.

In six months you'll go to get something and discover it's gone too.

Really sorry for what has happened to you.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

wow...that is so wrong on so many levels...good luck in catching the crooks...

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Sorry to here of your misfortune Ann.

Connie and I were broken into a few years ago. It's an odd feeling knowing somebody was rummaging through your personal stuff.

The bad thing is they broke in through a basement window and somehow broke a water line. By the time we got home from work there was about 6,000 gallons of water in our basement. But the worst part for us was they got some heirlooms that can never be replaced at any cost.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

That sucks! Been there before. Glad it was over and done before you guys got back. My wife walked in on them when they were in our house, scary stuff. Hope they didn't get much and that the police didn't make a huge mess with the finger print powder.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Spyder Garage

Too bad you couldn't have caught them in the act. I'm sure they would have needed new underwear after looking down a couple barrels pointed at them.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    Sorry to here of your misfortune Ann.

Connie and I were broken into a few years ago. It's an odd feeling knowing somebody was rummaging through your personal stuff.

The bad thing is they broke in through a basement window and somehow broke a water line. By the time we got home from work there was about 6,000 gallons of water in our basement. But the worst part for us was they got some heirlooms that can never be replaced at any cost.
    Sounds like they watched "Home Alone" one too many times with the water thing.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Been there. After the fact it was all very clear. A young girl setting on the curb every morning on my way to the shop.......always seemed odd. After the break in, she was never there again.
    Now that you mentioned it... my neighbor made a comment the other day about some kids knocking on doors and then running away after someone answered. Then he went to mentioned he finally caught one and started studdering about being a "birthday prank" but he's almost sure that it is part of a gang. I got my alarm on, guns and valuables in safe, but when they want to they will get in. Thinking about adding camaras now...

Sorry to hear about your break in, Ann... Good luck!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have a frien who has been burglarized three times in 30 years. You never get over the fear of coming home to it again. Of course it is to late now but you might want to do it for future time.n take your digital camera and open everything in your home and take photo's of them and the contents. Put them on a memory stick and lock it in your home safe.

Takes me about 4 hours to do our home with Anne's help. We have a lot of stuff to photograph and most of it is my "I might need that some day stuff"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have 2 very large and protective Doberman pinschers that are in the house and burglars would have to be certifiably insane to break in there. It would be a quick trip to the hospital for them. And that is if I'm not home- far worse if I am! But I'm so sorry it happened to you! Sounds like so spyder riding therapy is in order!

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of the break-in. Our thoughts go with you. Hoping they catch the slime bags.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OMG so sorry to hear this happened to you but very glad you didn't get hurt in the process.
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm so sorry to hear of this. I was robbed in Hungary & it just ruined the whole trip. It would be much worse to have been my home.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

In my area/county 3% of the burglaries reported are solved. AND 20% of the 3% are those where the Defendant(s), after having been caught for a specific burglary, wind up confessing to several others that they committed.

I'm sorry that there are people out there that don't know how to get an honest job and earn a living. Bob Ledford made an excellent suggestion in his earlier post.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to read this

I, like others, have had it happen to me. I hope they find your stuff, and the crook.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    n take your digital camera and open everything in your home and take photo's of them and the contents. Put them on a memory stick and lock it in your home safe.

Takes me about 4 hours to do our home with Anne's help. We have a lot of stuff to photograph and most of it is my "I might need that some day stuff"
    Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Bob Ledford made an excellent suggestion in his earlier post.
    In one of those rare cases, Chris, I read that a burgler got caught because he took an item to get it pawned. As smart as they are, the criminal went to a pawn shop nearby the burglarized home, and the police had a record of serial numbers of items stolen given to local pawn shops. So to add to Bob's suggestion, write down the serial numbers of ALL the possible items. You never know how it will re-appear.
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Start putting together a list of the stuff that they got; your insurance company adjuster will be asking for it...
    Do you have your personal property covered on a "replacement cost" basis?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Start putting together a list of the stuff that they got; your insurance company adjuster will be asking for it...
    Do you have your personal property covered on a "replacement cost" basis?
    Faster than a speeding State Farm... Have no fear... Bob the Insurance Man is here!

Actually... post #19?!?! You're slacking!

Last edited by bullant12; 06-05-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

Sorry to here about the break-in. Hope they get caught! People are just not any good anymore.

Spyder Garage

Default Been there..!!

So we can sympathize with you. It will take a long time to get over but you will. Glad you are all fine and only have the mess to straighten up and replace whats missing if possible...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

7 Handguns, 1 Rifle and a ton of ammo along with 3 backpacks to haul off the goods in. All the guns were registered so that helps a lot. I know that our insurance covers guns up to $10,000 but I'm not sure what the answer to Bob's question is.
    and we do have replacement cost coverage.

On the bright side my closets are now organized again!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your bad news. I hope things get better soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Really glad you did not walk in on them! That could lead to all kinds of bad. Sorry about the break in!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BEEN THERE ALSO!! It is a terrible feeling knowing someone has been in your home. They never caught my thief. I am glad ya'll are OK.