Spyder Garage

Default Wire harness for 2010 RT622 to plug into ST 2013

We have a 2010 622 trailer and just bought the ST limited they gave me a wire harness that goes from the ST to the 622. I have checked and they gave me the wrong harness. # 710003227. This harness is for a standard hook up for a 2013 622. My question is does any body know the part number of the adapter for 2010 622. The one that BRP shows on the site does not fit into the 2013 ST. The ST has a square 4 prong adapter. the parts number that BRP has for the adapter is #209400271, the problem with plug is it's flat and not square. Has any one run into this problem and what did you do to fix it. Part number would help so I can give it to the dealer. I'm not complaining about the dealer it was just a mistake. Just want to know how to fix it. Thanks John

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

????? The #209400271 adapter is to convert a 2013 trailer to hitch to a flat-4 automobile or cycle. The #710003227 adapter is made to convert the 2011/2012 RT-622 to the 2013 style hitch/module. Unfortunately, it will not work on the 2010 trailer without modification, as the connectors are different and the 2010 trailer is 6-wire (plus a spare), instead of 4-wire, and has different wire colors. Easiest way to accomplish what you want is to purchase a square-4 pigtal from an auto parts or trailer/RV store and wire it in, but since you already have the #710003227 adapter harness, you could wire that in instead. If you don't have experince with trailer wiring, a good trailer shop can ring out the wires and do the connection.

Spyder Garage

Default it is as simple as that?

So if I understand correctly cut the plug off the 2010 trailer and properly splice the 6? wires to the square - 4 plug and then it can mate right up the the 2013 st wire harness?

is it that straight forward?

thank you

Barry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    ????? . . . The #710003227 adapter is made to convert the 2011/2012 RT-622 to the 2013 style hitch/module. Unfortunately, it will not work on the 2010 trailer without modification, as the connectors are different and the 2010 trailer is 6-wire (plus a spare), instead of 4-wire, and has different wire colors. . . .
    I learned that recently. It seems the best strategy would be to change the plug on the trailer. Follow Nancy'sToy's advice. He's got it figured out.

Spyder Garage

Default Square 4 pole connector

Is this the correct connector?

Thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zygos View Post
    Is this the correct connector?

Thank you
    That's the one I bought.