Thread: speakers

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default speakers

is it just me or is the bass from the front speakers really poor?
    if I did not know better, there is so much noise from it, they almost sound blown.

does anyone elses have this problem? is this just the quality of the speakers?

if it sounds this bad with the engine off, I can imagine how bad they sound when they are turned up loud.

I expect this is not a concern since most people probably use blutooth when riding...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Music

Maybe someday I can get my radio to play in my speaker head phones (SEMA) I can get the garmin but not the radio

Spyder Garage

They probably are blown. It doesn't take much to blow the OEM speakers. I need to change the rear speakers on the wifes 2010 RTS. There are several threads on speakers.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Bose and the Spyder , what a match they'd make.

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default speakers

Quote Originally Posted by condorflysu View Post
    Bose and the Spyder , what a match they'd make.
    It would actually be horrible. Bose likes to use small speakers and amplify the back wave to expand bass and generally use no tweeters, but their version of a floating dust cap to generate highs. They usually sound decent in some cars and home speakers, but out in the open they go flat. The Spyder would hugely benefit from an enclosed speaker environment where you could better control the driver under load. Bose's commercial stuff is more traditional in nature. I do remember creating an acoustic bass canon at one point, but it never really took off.

Upgrading my speakers to the Polks helped, a nice amp would help even more, but still doubt there would be much bass. That takes both woofer and back wave control and short of a custom pod, I can't see it happening.

Ear plugs mess it all up in the end...
    Last edited by MidLifeCrisis; 06-01-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Midlife;

I would be interested in upgrading the speakers. Did you do it your self?

If the speakers are blown, they were blown on delivery as we have never had them up more than half. I have not really even driven it yet to be honest. taking my safety course on 10th.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

also if speakers were blown, shouldnt that be covered under my warranty?

Ford replaced the tweeter in my Explorer which I know I blew.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

J&M...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default speakers

Quote Originally Posted by kepople View Post
    Hey Midlife;

I would be interested in upgrading the speakers. Did you do it your self?

If the speakers are blown, they were blown on delivery as we have never had them up more than half. I have not really even driven it yet to be honest. taking my safety course on 10th.
    There are a couple of threads with pics that are good references on this site. I used them to upgrade the fronts, but waiting on the rears till my wife decides if she wants arm rests or not. The fronts are cake. The rears, not so much. My stock speakers sounded blown too, but weren't. You just have to turn them up so laud and they are o junky that they distort. The polks I installed are 4 ohm and the stock ones are 2, so you lose some volume, but the clarity make up for it. I only ever use them when I'm riding alone and on a long haul. I just fade more to the front, so I don't over drive the rears, till I upgrade them. For the most part, I just use my Sena Bluetooth headset, so my wife can listen to her choice of music and me mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Its not just you - the sound on these really is not great even when you compare to the Harmon Kardon system on the Harley. Cant expect much from a 4.5" and 5" speaker combo though.

Now, I have heard one of these on an RS - J&L Audio systems in pods - THESE THINGS ROCK!! Now if they only had it for the RT!!

http://www.abt.com/product/52887/JL-...491&adtype=pla

I did the Polk upgrade and frankly for the pain it was the improvement was not worth it IMO.
    Last edited by Huntindawg1962; 06-03-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips