Riding thru town on Wed. afternoon, the Silver Seal coughed once and died. It was in 2nd gear but just coasted to the curb. Nothing scary, it just quit. I removed the key, walked about 20 yds. away, waited and tried to start it again. It Started but immediately died. Tried sever times...same thing. I called my friendly tech., Shawn, at ProCaliber in Longview, Wa. He talked me thru finding the code on the dashboard. It said my air box was leaking but Shawn thought different, it was rotten air hoses. Thank heaven for AAA. I got towed to me house, loaded it onto my trailer and yesterday headed to ProCaliber (85) miles away. As always, Shawn said to just bring it in and he would fit me in.

Less than two hrs. after arriving, they were loading the Silver Seal back onto my trailer. New hoses and a battery tender cable installed. Shawn was able to identify the problem quickly because two other Spyder guys had recently had the same problem and he had trouble shoot it back from the Air Box. I'm the third person in a very short period of time. Shawn thinks the heat from the engine rots the hoses. I saw all three sets, and they were badly cracked. ProCaliber now stocks the replacements. $82. later (parts and labor), including battery tender cable I was good to go. As always, I have nothing but praise Shawn and ProCaliber. They are an outstanding, service oriented, dealership. They even sent Shawn to SpyderFest to Meet the Pittbull crew, the reps and check out the scene. Is there a similar event in our Northwest future?

Weekend weather is going to finally be great so it's meet and ride for the Columbia River Chapter of Spyder Riders of America. I'm ready for Saturday breakfast and a 120 mi. ride to White Salmon with my Spyder pals.

Ride in comfort,
John
Seal Floorboards