Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Good grief why don't posters include

I see so many posters posting incomplete information in their first posts. Guys an Ladies please help speed up getting the right information the first time by including the model and the year of the Spyder involved.

Spyder Garage

Agreed, although I think I've committed that sin a time or two. I do try though. Just makes sense.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    I see so many posters posting incomplete information in their first posts. Guys an Ladies please help speed up getting the right information the first time by including the model and the year of the Spyder involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Agreed, although I think I've committed that sin a time or two. I do try though. Just makes sense.
    on both. Best thing to do is to write their model and year on the signature. That way it appears on ALL their posts.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The folks who get tripped up with this issue are often the newest members in here...
    They just haven't figured out everything yet; give them a little patience and time.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i try to re-read what i wrote before hitting submit just making sure it sounds correct i've read many post/replys and really could'nt make out what they were saying words were so badly scrambled in a sentence,so i say take that extra min and re-read before you hit submit,the better we understand your problem the better the answers will be.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    on both. Best thing to do is to write their model and year on the signature. That way it appears on ALL their posts.

X2... Put the Model and Yr in your signature along with modifications. On the flipside... I get a lot of responses to my threads on how to work on RT's so it's on both sides of the threads
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

I see this same thing all over the internet when looking at information, parts and accessories, for the Spyder. Many people fail to list what type of Spyder the accessory is for and you are left deciphering it on your own. Fortunately I have gotten pretty good at figuring it out, but there are still times when I have to ask questions about it.

The main thing I found is if you ask them to post that information, they are usually more than happy to do so.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The folks who get tripped up with this issue are often the newest members in here...
    They just haven't figured out everything yet; give them a little patience and time.
    They usually get it quickly..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I am guessing that most of us have been guilty of not enough information a time or two. If we get to formal, then we may scare some people off. Asking a question or two of an OP gives us additional opportunity to chat with the poster. JMHO

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

Am sure it's not intentional. Especially if they're new to spydering. A spyder is a spyder until you understand not all spyder's are the same. Most only do it once. Bet I did 2.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Good grief why don't posters include

Oh no, its the post police. I am guilty, will not pass go and will not collect 200.00

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

"Well I have this thing on my Spyder that is not doing what it's supposed to do. What should I do? It's kind of round in a square way and it located near the back under the front wheel on the other side from the dangly thing that you operate with your foot. Oh yeah the Spyder is a 2007 RT". Well is that what you all mean?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Bet I did 2.
    You were the worst I suggested they ban you but nobody listens?
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Wonder why some people read and don't post. Just read this post. Can you blame them? Everybody starts from somewhere. A post like this will stop some dead in their tracks, while others will proceed, but uneasily. Come on guys! Lighten up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Come on guys! Lighten up.
    It's getting too hot to be having a "loud discussion", right about now...
    We all make mistakes; the shame is when we don't learn from them.
    (I wonder why I'm not much smarter??? )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    You were the worst I suggested they ban you but nobody listens?
    hey, I'm easy....just say the word

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

It's getting too hot to be having a "loud discussion", right about now...
    We all make mistakes; the shame is when we don't learn from them.
    (I wonder why I'm not much smarter??? )
    A Wise man learns from others mistakes, The only thing you learn from your own mistakes is how to apply bandages ......

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well, it has got to be addressed from time to time. We all make mistakes every day I usually get one out of the way first thing in the morning. I get out of bed!. Part of the problem is unfamiliarity with how things get fixed. Any good mechanic be he/she professional or shade tree knows the look that the "parts counter guy/gal" generates when they forget the make, model and year and power this or that,1/2/3/4/5/6 speed auto/manual shift etc.

If you have not figured it out yet I used to be a parts counter guy and have had automotive experience with passenger, light truck, medium duty and heavy trucks. The worst is heavy trucks because you have so many options available to use.

"Poster Police". That's the first time I have ever been called that one, I'll accept that one with the honor intended by the giver! 😃 lets declare this a dead thread and move on to helping those that are more then us OF's ........

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Good grief why don't posters include

Well, it has got to be addressed from time to time. We all make mistakes every day I usually get one out of the way first thing in the morning. I get out of bed!. Part of the problem is unfamiliarity with how things get fixed. Any good mechanic be he/she professional or shade tree knows the look that the "parts counter guy/gal" generates when they forget the make, model and year and power this or that,1/2/3/4/5/6 speed auto/manual shift etc.

If you have not figured it out yet I used to be a parts counter guy and have had automotive experience with passenger, light truck, medium duty and heavy trucks. The worst is heavy trucks because you have so many options available to use.

"Poster Police". That's the first time I have ever been called that one, I'll accept that one with the honor intended by the giver! 😃 lets declare this a dead thread and move on to helping those that are more then us OF's ........
    Lol, it is an honor. I was called that on the Hayabusa and GSXR site. Been waiting to use it. Thread is dead......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Default Make post titles proper descriptions so people dont waste time....

Also really helps people in choosiung threads to read if your Title is meaningful thats one of the biggest sins in my book, I'm not likely to go look at a post that says, "look what I found"