Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am Vented Windshield for Spyder RT-S

Does anyone have the new vented windshield (25") on their RT-S and if you do, how do you like it? Thanks!

Spyder Garage
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I bought the 23" vented windshield for my 2010 RT but I only had it for 2 days then I traded for a 2013 RT. I put the 23" vented on the new bike and so far I like it. It is a lot smaller than what I was used to on the 2010 and for me that is great. The more airflow the better.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I like it but if i had it to do over I'd probably would not get it. Really, save you money and buy different mods. Just Sayin'

Ron

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 2013 RT windshields are all vented. The question becomes; how much venting do you want? I also took my "barn door" shield off in favor of the OEM 25" one. it reduced buffeting by a very significant amount...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The 2013 RT windshields are all vented. The question becomes; how much venting do you want? I also took my "barn door" shield off in favor of the OEM 25" one. it reduced buffeting by a very significant amount...
    The difference is the adjustable vents vs a single hole in the new OEM shield.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Not trying to steal a thread, but I couldn't help but notice those plasti dip wheels on that trailer of yours, Erick. Lookin good!!!!! I've been chicken to tear out the middle circle on the wheel.

Chris

Spyder Garage

I bought mine at Spyderfest. ! am 6'4" and it woks great. With the vent open and pointed at my face it almost completely stops the burble at the top of my helmet.

Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am Vented Windshield for Spyder RT-S

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    I have a 2010 RT and just bought one two weeks ago. The smaller windshield puts the wind back in my face, and is much cooler on hot days (a big deal for me). My wife is fine with the smaller windshield because with the vent she is less buffeted. Our issue had been that I wanted a smaller windshield that I could see over and be cooled by (I'm 5-6), but if I got one it would cause her to be buffeted on the back. This solved both issues, and was well worth the cost. The install was easy.

The option to open or close the vent will be welcome when winter comes.

I also bought the adjustable deflectors to keep me cooler, but those have a minimal effect. I wouldn't make that purchase again.
    Just the opposite on the adjustable vents, they work like a charm, i think they should be standard equipment, they make a big difference for me and the wife.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer