Spyder Garage

Default Just got a new Yoshimura muffler... gasket question?

The current gasket has less then 1000 miles on it. Do you think I could reuse this one, or do I need to go buy a new one somewhere. I know there is a Honda gasket ( #?? ) that will work, and worst case will drive around to find one of those..Thanks!!

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

on the condition of your current gasket. Check threads on exhaust gaskets to get number. If possible replace it while your making the change..good luck send a pic of the pipe installed..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

18392-mam-000 is the part number. If Hondas are in there and they look fine I wold let it go. If they are stock I would change them.

Spyder Garage

I am screwed now. The bolt was so rusted it snapped grrrrrrrr. What gets me is the dealer claimed they changed the gasket last time I was there. If that was the case, there is no way that bolt could have rusted shut that tight grrrrrr. I assume I have to use the exact same parts, so now I will have to order and will get a new gasket now......dang it, so much for the weekend .. and thanks for info guys !! Here is the muffler I got...loo.jpg
    Last edited by Riker; 05-24-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Another dumb question. This is my first time replacing a muffler . The muffler came with a separate little tube ( not sure what its called ), that slips in the end and screwed on it appears. Am I to assume it is louder without this tube, and if you put it in, it makes it quieter?

Spyder Garage

Yes, that's a "db killer" that will mellow it out some. Probably drop 4-8db off, which isn't a lot but it might take a bit of the harshness out.

Try it without and see what you think. Only takes a moment to put it in. Once it's in tho, it's hard to get out again (from experience).
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The Honda Gasket [goldwing]# 18392-MAM-000 is for the Y pipe connections at the sides of the engine. There is also a single gasket at the muffler connection to the Y pipe. I never had to replace this gasket and don't have a number for it.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You are right my bad. That number is 707600547.

Spyder Garage

As stated, the muffler gasket is NOT the same size as the Y-gaskets higher up the exhausts. You can get the longer-lasting Honda Goldwing gaskets to replace the BRP Y-gaskets, but for the muffler gasket, you just use the stock BRP one for the Yoshi pipe.

Spyder dealers probably have the muffler gasket in stock, cost less than a dollar (mine did, just call them).

You might not need to replace the muffler gasket if you have low miles on it-- basically, if the muffler gasket comes out of the pipe freely and retains its shape, you could probably reuse it. When I replaced my stock BRP exhaust with the Yoshi pipe, I had ~8000 miles on the stock exhaust-- my muffler gasket had by then baked onto the pipe and could only be removed by breaking it apart into a zillion burnt & crispy pieces with a screwdriver, no reusing it then. Again, my Spyder dealer had the muffler gasket in stock, a quick car trip and I had a replacement in hand.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!