Spyder Garage

Default Dealer Experience

Had my 3000 mile service yesterday at Polaris America in Statesboro and thought I would post about the experience.

I got there twenty minutes before opening. They were still setting up for the day, but, the mechanic took it on in and got started. Did the intake paperwork which reminded me of visiting a new doctor with the depth of the questioning and had me out in just over two hours. Checked diagnostics and updates and told me all was well.

I had noticed a cyclic vibration the last couple of days. Assumed it was belt harmonics and asked that the belt be adjusted. Justin told me that was part of the normal service. Vibration was gone on the way home and bike running even smoother than before. It is considerably smoother than the BMW.

Justin told me the oil filters have been upgraded again and service recommended now at 5000 miles, which sounds more reasonable with modern oils. Not to mention the savings in service costs.

Got caught in rain so hard ducks were landing in trees for about ten minutes. Had trouble seeing due to amount of water coming through to my face shield, but, otherwise stayed pretty dry. Water appeared to be coming up the inside of the windshield. Bear in mind, it was raining so hard I had to stop under a gas station awning for a few minutes.

I need to work on adjusting the wind shield height and probably clear that issue up.

All in all, a pleasant experience with the results I asked for.
    SS1000, BB1500
    Pain is temporary, Pride is forever

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is always good to hear about dealers who take good care of their customers. You should consider yourself lucky.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 😃😄😀😊😉

That's what we like to hear. Proactive dealer techies!

Spyder Garage

Good dealers and techs make the experience great.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

There certainly needs to be more of those dealers and particularly, service departments.

Spyder Garage

Default Good one..!!

Will add it to my list for reference when traveling...thanks..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ironbuttdean View Post
    Had my 3000 mile service yesterday at Polaris America in Statesboro and thought I would post about the experience.

I got there twenty minutes before opening. They were still setting up for the day, but, the mechanic took it on in and got started. Did the intake paperwork which reminded me of visiting a new doctor with the depth of the questioning and had me out in just over two hours. Checked diagnostics and updates and told me all was well.

I had noticed a cyclic vibration the last couple of days. Assumed it was belt harmonics and asked that the belt be adjusted. Justin told me that was part of the normal service. Vibration was gone on the way home and bike running even smoother than before. It is considerably smoother than the BMW.

Justin told me the oil filters have been upgraded again and service recommended now at 5000 miles, which sounds more reasonable with modern oils. Not to mention the savings in service costs.

Got caught in rain so hard ducks were landing in trees for about ten minutes. Had trouble seeing due to amount of water coming through to my face shield, but, otherwise stayed pretty dry. Water appeared to be coming up the inside of the windshield. Bear in mind, it was raining so hard I had to stop under a gas station awning for a few minutes.

I need to work on adjusting the wind shield height and probably clear that issue up.

All in all, a pleasant experience with the results I asked for.

Last August purchased my RT limited from Statesboro and been back several times for service. Planing to take it back today for 15,000 mile checkup. Except for mixed up on title with purchase I have been very pleased with service and personnel at dealership.

Good dealership.

Mac Jordan
    Live in Gratitiude and Appreciation
    Vidalia, Ga
    Home of world famous
    Vidalia Sweet Onions