Hybrid View

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Guys looks like they will have it for the week hope i get a good pump i have heard of some being replaced up to three times before they got a good pump and seal.

Spyder Garage

Default Waterpump oil leak

I have the same problem and dropped off my bike at the dealer on Tuesday. The parts are in and it should be done later today. My mechanic said he hasn't seen a waterpump oil leak in two years.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well guys it turns out that it must be a major job with taking the complete right side of the spyder apart mine was repaired to stop the oil leak and once that was repaired the watter leak side of things turned out to be more extensive so additional parts had to be ordered to stop all leaks, also i had a watter mark in my guages so i had them replace the cluster under warentee and the spyder should be returning home this comming week hooray.
    i really miss the little buger in the garage its kind of depressing walking out to the garage without seeing the spyder to look at im ready for it to come home.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcaccamise View Post
    Well guys it turns out that it must be a major job with taking the complete right side of the spyder apart mine was repaired to stop the oil leak and once that was repaired the watter leak side of things turned out to be more extensive so additional parts had to be ordered to stop all leaks, also i had a watter mark in my guages so i had them replace the cluster under warentee and the spyder should be returning home this comming week hooray.
    i really miss the little buger in the garage its kind of depressing walking out to the garage without seeing the spyder to look at im ready for it to come home.
    Mike
    I had a BRP mechanic tell me that I had the same problem. It was going to cost 6-700 dollars to fix and was a pretty involved process. The money was not as big an issue as having the engine torn into. My experience with BRP mechanics working on an engine is not good. Actually it has been quite awful on three separate Rotax engines. So I did some research and found that this weeping is pretty common on the Rotax and there is no long term fix. You should look into that and make your own decision. I did not have mine fixed and I keep a semi close eye on the fluid levels and ride on. Good luck.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobnaquin View Post
    I had a BRP mechanic tell me that I had the same problem. It was going to cost 6-700 dollars to fix and was a pretty involved process. The money was not as big an issue as having the engine torn into. My experience with BRP mechanics working on an engine is not good. Actually it has been quite awful on three separate Rotax engines. So I did some research and found that this weeping is pretty common on the Rotax and there is no long term fix. You should look into that and make your own decision. I did not have mine fixed and I keep a semi close eye on the fluid levels and ride on. Good luck.
    Totally agree, it's very common on this motor. Most of the Aprilia guys don't sweat it unless it REALLY starts to leak quite a bit of oil or coolant.