Thread: PULL THE PLUG??

Spyder Garage

Default PULL THE PLUG??

Anyone pull the plugs out of the stock rt muffler. or other stock mufflers? impressed?
    ronbo

Spyder Garage

muffler (1).jpgmuffler (2).jpgmuffler (3).jpgmuffler (4).jpg

Sounds better outside of the garage. Sounds like a Rotax instead of a well made sewing machine.---Budro
    Last edited by budro; 05-18-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RE removing baffles

While everyone has their own right to do what they want to what is theirs. I still prefer the mellow sound of the stock muffler. Guess I am just an old fuddy duddy driving a high tech machine.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Ledford;624151]While everyone has their own right to do what they want to what is theirs. I still prefer the mellow sound of the stock muffler. Guess I am just an old fuddy duddy driving a high tech machine.

that is a spot on observation Bob, but then to each his own---as long as I agree.

Spyder Garage

I like that sound, but that's an awful lot of smoke coming out of that thing!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vampyregirl View Post
    I like that sound, but that's an awful lot of smoke coming out of that thing!!!
    cold weather---does not do that now

Spyder Garage

Hey, quick question- I'm new to working on bikes, so what do you mean by plugs? Does it effect milage, or mess with the computer?
    A real biker doesn't care about your opinion on his lifestyle, or his choice of steed.

Spyder Garage

Default Good question!!!!

2013 ST-S SE-5 ("Quick Silver") Is her Name
    My Mods:

I Have Added the AM/FM Stereo and an Ultimate Seat, with Ryder Backrest, Power Sports wraps." Break Strips" Kit, GloRyders with the Spyder Cap, Fox Racing Shock and Anti- Sway Bar Kit, Spyder Pops Bump Skid, Spyderlighter's LED Running Light Kit With Fender lights. Cal Si Shorty Smoked Windshield, The 2014 Side Panels, Lamonsters Cat Delete, And an Akrapovic Sport Touring Exhaust.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeel View Post
    Hey, quick question- I'm new to working on bikes, so what do you mean by plugs? Does it effect milage, or mess with the computer?
    There are no plugs in an RT muffler. That said there are baffles,screens,packing, and a bunch of other stuff. I sawed mine in to thirds with a band saw, burned EVERYTHING out of it then welded it back together. When I put it back on the bike there was absolutly NO difference in the sound. I know that sounds unbelievable, but it is true. Sooo I wanted sound so I had a muffler shop burn a 2 1/2 inch hole in the rear of the muffler and run a 2 1/4 inch pipe thru it into the opening of the cat. I have ridden it 7k miles since the mod, and no issues,no overheating, or codes thrown. I think this is so because the o2 sensor is in the cat. if there is a difference in mileage I can't tell it. If I think it has more power that could be my imagination. I like the sound more than the "well made sewing machine" sound----Budro