Spyder Garage

Default AMSOIL and your Spyder (What it will cost you)

For those of you that have taken advantage of my FREE " 6 month Trial Preferred Customer Membership" which allows you to buy ALL the AMSOIL Products Wholesale, here are the numbers.

One case ( 12 Quarts) of AMSOIL 10W 40 Motorcycle oil Delivered to your front door. $114.38 Plus Tax. ($9.53 A Quart)

AMSOIL Recommended change interval is TWICE OEM or 12 months, which ever comes first. On my 2012 RT Limited, with the new filter mods, that works out 9,200 miles between oil changes.

If you are a High Mileage Rider, that case of oil will take you 27,600 miles. If you ride less than the 9,200 miles a year, that case of oil will last you 3 years.

If you change your own oil, the cost is $38.12 a year for oil plus filters and labor if you have a dealer do the work.. Maybe a quart of two for top off oil.

If this sounds like a good deal to you, click on the Banner which will take you to my website then click on the flashing banner and submit the form. I will do the rest.

Spyder Garage

Chris
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 05-17-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default turn up your hearing aid

and you'll see better,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    it was fun while it lasted.

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use AmsOil MC oil and I am having to change it at around 4500 miles because it is being diluted with Gas. And the dealer says he can't find anything wrong. A sure sign is if you have a SE5 and it sounds like the gears are not meshing correctly (grinding) then your oil is more then likely diluted as mine was. When I changed it I could smell the gas in it. I will continue to use AmsOil but the next oil change will be with 15/40. If some one out there knows why my oil is being diluted I would appreciate some info. The grinding stopped after the oil change.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dog6 View Post
    For those of you that have taken advantage of my FREE " 6 month Trial Preferred Customer Membership" which allows you to buy ALL the AMSOIL Products Wholesale, here are the numbers.

One case ( 12 Quarts) of AMSOIL 10W 40 Motorcycle oil Delivered to your front door. $114.38 Plus Tax. ($9.53 A Quart)

AMSOIL Recommended change interval is TWICE OEM or 12 months, which ever comes first. On my 2012 RT Limited, with the new filter mods, that works out 9,200 miles between oil changes.

If you are a High Mileage Rider, that case of oil will take you 27,600 miles. If you ride less than the 9,200 miles a year, that case of oil will last you 3 years.

If you change your own oil, the cost is $38.12 a year for oil plus filters and labor if you have a dealer do the work.. Maybe a quart of two for top off oil.

If this sounds like a good deal to you, click on the Banner which will take you to my website then click on the flashing banner and submit the form. I will do the rest.

Do I understand this correct. Amsoil is recommending an oil change every 9200 miles or one year? If so, how does this effect the manufacturers warranty? I currently use full synthetic at $15+ a quart, so I would save even if I keep the 3000 mile service requirements.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Spyder View Post
    I use AmsOil MC oil and I am having to change it at around 4500 miles because it is being diluted with Gas. And the dealer says he can't find anything wrong. A sure sign is if you have a SE5 and it sounds like the gears are not meshing correctly (grinding) then your oil is more then likely diluted as mine was. When I changed it I could smell the gas in it. I will continue to use AmsOil but the next oil change will be with 15/40. If some one out there knows why my oil is being diluted I would appreciate some info. The grinding stopped after the oil change.
    There was a thread on this site a few weeks back explaining the oil dilution. If I remember correctly it came down to excessive leak down rates inherent with this motor. I'll leave it to the pros to ex plane further.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Do I understand this correct. Amsoil is recommending an oil change every 9200 miles or one year? If so, how does this effect the manufacturers warranty? I currently use full synthetic at $15+ a quart, so I would save even if I keep the 3000 mile service requirements.
    I believe the interval is 4600.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    I believe the interval is 4600.
    California is still 3000 because of the dang C.A.R.B. laws. This is according to a friend who works for a dealership (office), and rides a RS.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I read in a previous thread that running your spyder under 4000 rpms may cause an issue with gas in the oil.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I read in a previous thread that running your spyder under 4000 rpms may cause an issue with gas in the oil.
    I never run under 3500 rpms, but that really doesn't make sense to me. But what do I know.
    It only began in this last oil change, not any prior.
    Last edited by Grandpa Spyder; 05-15-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget that just because AmSoil recommendes 2x the OEM change interval, that DOES NOT mean the filters will go that long. You'll still be loading them with dirt, combustion byproducts and fuel, no matter what oil is in the sump and it's supposed suspension capabilities. I'd like to see a 9,200 mile used oil analysis including particle count before I'd consider any risk like what is proposed. I'll stick with my 3x 5 liter jugs of Lubro Moly delivered to my door for 109, and stay with a safer oil change interval.
    Last edited by beanoil; 05-15-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Answers to your AMSOIL questions

First let me apologize for the font. it really sucks. As for anyone experiencing "Fuel Dilution" problems, you should stay with OEM Recommended change intervals. Under ASTM testing on oils abilities to resist the effects of "Fuel Dilution," Amsoil came out on top.

If you elect to go to the extended drain interval, you still need to change your filter, not the Oil, at OEM. Amsoil currently has no alternative oil filter for the Spyder. On the Automotive side, we have a number of filters that will go the same distance as the oil.

As for warranty issues. Extended drain intervals do not effect your warranty. The info is to long to print here but anyone that wishes info on Warranty's and the Specification sheet on the 10w40 Motorcycle oil, or any Amsoil product for that matter, email me at skylane19641@mac.com and I will send it to you.

Another nice part of using Amsoil as a Preferred Customer is their tech support. It is located in Superior WI, not India, and is available to answer your questions M Thru F 7am to 5pm Central time.

Amsoil is celebrating their 45th year in business and has doubled in size every year since 1972. All oils are produced in Superior WI by Amsoil. The company is owned and operated by the Amatuzio family and is debt free. All extended drain interval information is backed by ASTM testing as well as thousands of studies in fleets of all sizes.

I will be happy to share any of these studies with you, just email me.

One last thought, I have been representing Amsoil as an Independent Dealer, Direct Jobber since 2003. I talk to Tech Support Daily on different Lubrication issues. I have also had a number of phone calls in to Mobil and other Oil Companies since 2003 and NONE have had the courtesy to return my calls.

With AMsoil you are not only buying The best Synthetic Motor oil money can buy but a program that will save you money and a Tech Support group that will assist you with all your lubrication.

zrc

Default AMSOil and Me

I am about to change my first AMS Oil run through my engine (Today, Tomorrow, or this weekend). I will be looking at it to see what the overall change is in its consistancy and whatnot. I was expecting to hit right at 9k miles with it based on new interval and the double recommended. HOWEVER, I have started to experience the "oil needs to be warm to shift" hiccups associated with clogged filters and dirty oil and I am only 6200 miles into this oil change.

I would assume I have some diluted issues as well, but my concern is that the "distance" or milage with the AMSOil has been slight less than with the Castrol I was using previously. I am not suggesting ANYTHING bad about AMS Oil, and I am going to continue to use it for the next 3 to 4 oil changes and watch what happens. I changed to AMSOil at the same time I changed over to the "new" filters from BRP. So it is all a learning process.

By the way, his price for AMSOil is fantastic.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    That has to be one of the hardest fonts I've ever tried to read on this forum.

Chris
    I thought it was my tri-focals that I got this morning!

Spyder Garage

I would stick with the oil change recommended by BRP and change every 4600 miles(with new long range filter). I joined Chuck and within one day had my 12 qts. Getting ready for Maggie Valley and Lamont's BBQ

This is a good deal if you use Amsoil. When you buy locally, it usually cost anywhere from 10.50 and up + taxes.(note: you will pay sale taxes if you live in a state that has a distribution site for Amsoil.)

Spyder Garage

Default Answers

I posted these in another thread but not sure where it went. If you are experiencing Fuel Dilution problems stick with the OEM change interval.

If you choose to go with the Amsoil extended drain interval of twice OEM you should change the oil filter at OEM. Just the filters, not the oil.

As for warranty issues. Extended drains do not effect your warranty unless it can be proven to be the direct cause of a problem. If it is proven, Amsoil has a warranty.

if anyone would like the Specification sheet on the 10W40 M/C oil or a copy of the warranty and the PDF covering extended drain intervals and warranty, email me at skylane19641@mac.com and I will send them to you.

Regards and thanks for your suport.

Between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls Texas
    Spyder Garage

I had a Landpride UTV once that was doing fine until I changed oil filter to a Fram. I got fuel in the oil. So could the oil filter be the problem? I dumped the UTV so I don't know if going back to to the OEM filter would have changed things or not. It was a Honda engine and they wanted a fortune for those OEM filters which is why I went with a filter that "would work". Never expected a fuel related problem but I sure got one.
    Do things like your life depends on it. It COULD!

Spyder Garage

I've been a Preferred Customer for a long time buying my oil from a local distributor. Your prices are very good considering shipping involved and are pretty close to what I pay which includes state tax.

I'm reluctant to dispute the longevity listed but I can say that on my Can Am it doesn't come anywhere near those miles based on lab tests. I've had a couple tests done at 3K and the viscosity of the oil had dropped to somewhere in the 30W zone. The lab flagged these as a "caution". At 4K it was down in the upper 20W zone. I've used Amsoil pretty regularly except for one run with Havoline and will continue using it, but I will continue to change at 4000 miles.

I think these machines need a more robust oil, like 20W-50, but thats not recommended by BRP. I believe theres some question about adequate flow thru the transmisson or something to that effect. Just wondering if those SE's with replaced transmissions where the ?oil flow line was enlarged?
    could accomodate the heavier viscosity?

A friend of mine just had his oil changed by the dealer and they used the BRP blend. If I can time it right, I want to get a sample at 3K and have it tested. I have a hard time believing its capable of going 4600 miles.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    I've been a Preferred Customer for a long time buying my oil from a local distributor. Your prices are very good considering shipping involved and are pretty close to what I pay which includes state tax.

I'm reluctant to dispute the longevity listed but I can say that on my Can Am it doesn't come anywhere near those miles based on lab tests. I've had a couple tests done at 3K and the viscosity of the oil had dropped to somewhere in the 30W zone. The lab flagged these as a "caution". At 4K it was down in the upper 20W zone. I've used Amsoil pretty regularly except for one run with Havoline and will continue using it, but I will continue to change at 4000 miles.

I think these machines need a more robust oil, like 20W-50, but thats not recommended by BRP. I believe theres some question about adequate flow thru the transmisson or something to that effect. Just wondering if those SE's with replaced transmissions where the ?oil flow line was enlarged?
    could accomodate the heavier viscosity?

A friend of mine just had his oil changed by the dealer and they used the BRP blend. If I can time it right, I want to get a sample at 3K and have it tested. I have a hard time believing its capable of going 4600 miles.

One of the things I am doing in mine is when I need to add oil I am going to use AmsOil 15/40 to help with the break down. I will not go beyond 4000 miles for my oil changes due to the oil break down. I will use a quart in between oil changes.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S

Life is Good

Spyder Garage

One of the things I am doing in mine is when I need to add oil I am going to use AmsOil 15/40 to help with the break down. I will not go beyond 4000 miles for my oil changes due to the oil break down. I will use a quart in between oil changes.
    Thats a good idea and will certainly beef up the viscosity and if you needed to run a bit further than 4K it would be fine.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

What is the price after the 6 month trial?

JT

Spyder Garage

Default AMSOIL PC RENEWAL

The price for The Annual PC Membership is $20.00 a year. Well worth it.