Spyder Garage

Default Adventures on the Skyline Drive, with Uther the Shiba Inu as Co-pilot!

Did about half of Skyline Drive today with my Shiba Inu, Uther. He is still learning to settle in and just enjoy the ride, so we had to cut out early and head home after he got a bit antsy. He's been loving it so far, however, and I'll keep posting more of our adventures together. We get SO MANY people oogling at us when we ride together, and everyone spoils him whenever we are stopped!

For note, his harness is set up as a 2-point rig with about 3" of slack in each retaining strap. It allows him to sit up, shift, and lay down, but not tip forwards or backwards and put himself in harm's way. His boots are to protect the seat from the dreaded claws, more than anything else. He'll graduate out of them once I am sure he won't 'dig in' around curves!

-Moved from RT section, as this is more general post material.

946088_481646315239762_876422016_n.jpg601769_481646195239774_1391717258_n.jpg
    A real biker doesn't care about your opinion on his lifestyle, or his choice of steed.

Spyder Garage

He is beautiful. I love the name. Taken from Uther Pendragon??

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    He is beautiful. I love the name. Taken from Uther Pendragon??
    Correct! We didn't want a 'traditional' Shiba Inu name like Shinobi or Taku or the like. Honestly though, we call him 'Shiba' more than Uther, as he responds better to the 'Sh' sound of the word. I think it is more easily recognized from the background noises.
    A real biker doesn't care about your opinion on his lifestyle, or his choice of steed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That's a nice looking dog...and bike...and road.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    That's a nice looking dog...and bike...and road.
    Thanks on all the above. The road is here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...&ved=0CNkBELYD

I'd be happy to take anyone along (I have a season pass, good for 2 vehicles) should they ever be in my 'neck of the woods'.

As I live at the Southern entrance (10 minutes from), I could easily meet people along the way!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Skyline drive is a toll road?? Always wanted to do skyline and blue ridge in one trip

Spyder Garage

How hard is it to keep those goggles on him? Is he OK with them or does he try to pull them off?

Spyder Garage

Beautiful dog and bike!!!
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

Default Skyline toll road? Not exactly

Quote Originally Posted by pslawing View Post
    Skyline drive is a toll road?? Always wanted to do skyline and blue ridge in one trip
    Toll road is not exactly a good description. What you are paying is an entrance fee to a National Park. 150 of the US National Parks charge this fee. It helps with revenues to keep the park operating. The entrance fee for motorcycles is $10. I think this is well worth keeping our National Park system in use.

My wife and I have done the Blue Ridge and Skyline drive several time as one trip. We usually do it in about 3 days. We live about 40 miles north of the North entrance to Skyline Dr.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hottrodd7 View Post
    How hard is it to keep those goggles on him? Is he OK with them or does he try to pull them off?
    He didn't like them at first, but after a few minutes of wear, proper correcting when he dug at them, and proper rewarding when not doing so, he learned to just accept them! He absolutely HATES to wear them when we aren't on the Spyder, but once he hops up, he doesn't mind one bit.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I just wish there was some way I could take any of my dogs with me on the Spyder but they are too big!

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Cool pictures. I hope your dog settles in quickly and you get to have many more adventures together.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeel View Post
    Did about half of Skyline Drive today with my Shiba Inu, Uther. He is still learning to settle in and just enjoy the ride, so we had to cut out early and head home after he got a bit antsy. He's been loving it so far, however, and I'll keep posting more of our adventures together. We get SO MANY people oogling at us when we ride together, and everyone spoils him whenever we are stopped!

For note, his harness is set up as a 2-point rig with about 3" of slack in each retaining strap. It allows him to sit up, shift, and lay down, but not tip forwards or backwards and put himself in harm's way. His boots are to protect the seat from the dreaded claws, more than anything else. He'll graduate out of them once I am sure he won't 'dig in' around curves!

-Moved from RT section, as this is more general post material.

946088_481646315239762_876422016_n.jpg601769_481646195239774_1391717258_n.jpg
    Very neat that your dog will go with you. We are riding Skyline in July, a Spyder and a wing. Staying at the KOA in Luray.