Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default trouble codes P2806, U1201, P730

I'm currently on a road trip to the Grand Canyon in AZ coming from San Francisco. I've been getting intermittent check eng lights with the above codes. RT running great otherwise. Anyone know what these code are? Thanks

Spyder Garage

P0730(?) = Gear info message in ECM is different from the calculated gear in TCM (using RPM & vehicle speed)
    P2806 = Gear position sensor angle definer area vs position not plausible
    U1201 = Invalid gearbox position value

Sounds like you have a bad GPS (Gear Position Sensor) or a bad wire/connection.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Spyder TROUBLE CODES P2806, U1201 AND P0730 on my 2011 Can Am RTS

I had these codes pop up today. When I shut the bike off, the codes cleared off.

Any suggestions for probable causes?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    P0730(?) = Gear info message in ECM is different from the calculated gear in TCM (using RPM & vehicle speed)
    P2806 = Gear position sensor angle definer area vs position not plausible
    U1201 = Invalid gearbox position value

Sounds like you have a bad GPS (Gear Position Sensor) or a bad wire/connection.
    Spyderweber3, it sounds very much like you have the problem Nancys Toy identified above (bold & underlined in the quote. ) From what I've heard/read about this problem/these things, I don't believe they are all that hard to replace... but I haven't actually hadta do one yet.

Codes will generally 'clear' from the active display when you shut the bike off, and may not necessarily re-appear again or even ever when you start up next, simply because the trigger that caused those codes to display hasn't re-occured.... yet!!: lecturef_smilie: However, the codes will still be recorded/retained in your Spyder's memory; aaand, with these Gear Position Sensors, there's a very good chance that unless it was just a loose or dirty plug (that will eventually need cleaning/re-seating) then it's not gonna get better by itself and it is very likely to recur.... possibly bad enough to dump your Spyder into Limp Home mode, or maybe even badly enough to stop you ryding on at all!

Over to you, & Good Luck.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-12-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!