Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Closed Threads

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Closed Threads

I've been on a lot of forums in my life and I have never seen the "owner" of that forum authorize the close of a thread. I've read all the replies to several threads about the subject of when and wear the next Spyderfest might be held and didn't see anything other then people voicing their opinion. I can't speak for all of you but I have no time for anyone who tries to squelch free speech, especially mine. Who ever is doing this, shame on you.

I'm done here....

Spyder Garage

Lamont knows exactly what he is doing, this is his realm and he has the right and responsibility to keep this a place as he wants it. My play book rejects B.S and I have to say from seeing this forum run for the past few years Lamont has a play book that is similar. Most any closed thread has an explanation as to why it was closed.

Mike
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Good Bye (To Nor-Cal)
    Last edited by Cruzr Joe; 05-03-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

the threads you are referring too did nothing to help this site! I think lamont did the right thing when they were closed!

Spyder Garage

Default Geeez..!!

and it wasn't even your thread...you would think you were paying to be here..sorry this is your solution....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I closed the threads and if you read the last few post it was the membership that first asked to do so. Sorry you didn't agree with that move but closing a thread leaves everything there to read just so you don't think you missed something if it was deleted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I closed the threads and if you read the last few post it was the membership that first asked to do so. Sorry you didn't agree with that move but closing a thread leaves everything there to read just so you don't think you missed something if it was deleted.
    I think he already took his ball and went home...................
    2011 RTS SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    I think he already took his ball and went home...................
    They say their leaving but they very seldom do, they just lurk.

Spyder Garage

Got to agree with the members on this one. It was getting a bit heated on both threads. If Nor-Cal wants to leave, he's more than free to do so, as we all are. IMHO Lamont gives the threads plenty of time for response. Sometimes more than I would

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

arntufun

Your entitled to to leave the site, but I have to disagree with your position though. IMO, Lamont is more than fair with threads.

If I remember correctly, the last guy that Lamont had to ban was a real jerk at times and had to learn the hard way. Even then, Lamont let him back on the site a few weeks later. That should show you how fair he is. That Jerk of a member has since learned to play nice with others. Almost......
    Last edited by arntufun; 05-02-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Your entitled to to leave the site, but I have to disagree with your position though. IMO, Lamont is more than fair with threads.

If I remember correctly, the last guy that Lamont had to ban was a real jerk at times and had to learn the hard way. Even then, Lamont let him back on the site a few weeks later. That Jerk of a member has since learned to play nice with others. Almost......
    That member was a good guy, he just needed a little guidance.

Spyder Garage

I happen to like the way this forum is administered. Sometimes enough is enough on a subject.
    I was there, I got wet, I met friends, I laughed, I ate good food (Lambert's) more than I would have had it not been raining (caught a few to many rolls), had good conversation , laughed even more when standing at the drag strip and Lamont is handed his time ticket, and he looks down at it and said "ah man, that sucks" and right back to the starting line he went. This is the best group of people I've every been around.
    If I need help I know a few thousand spyderlovers I can call on. Can't put a price on that.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Tonto says; The Gate Keeper, has many footballs and owns the field.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Sorry you feel this way Nor-Cal Spyder. You might consider these facts before you run away.

1- This site is free to all members (you are certainly getting much more than you're paying for!).
    2- Lamont puts a lot of time and effort into this forum, it's his, he owns it.
    3- Lamont takes responsibility for the content of this forum. Because of this he lets things ride or reigns them in as he sees fit.
    4- Lamont tries very hard to keep a hands off attitude.
    5- Most people know when they are pushing the envelope.

People come here because they know what to expect. A good, clean exchange of positive ideas. Even when the content is negative (like an issue with their Spyder, dealer, BRP, vendor, etc.), the idea is to achieve a positive result. Get too far astray from this center line and you run the risk of finding a dead end.

I, for one, would hate to have the job of riding heard on this forum. I would not do nearly as good a job.

We are not here to burn each other down, we are here to help each other out! All in all, not a bad place to be....
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Like TV, if you don't like it, go look at something else! Plenty to read and see around here!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    That member was a good guy, he just needed a little guidance.
    I agree 100%! As a matter of fact, this very subject came up at Spyderfest. There are others who have quietly noticed the positive change in this member and applaud the change!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Sorry you feel this way Nor-Cal Spyder. You might consider these facts before you run away.

1- This site is free to all members (you are certainly getting much more than you're paying for!).
    2- Lamont puts a lot of time and effort into this forum, it's his, he owns it.
    3- Lamont takes responsibility for the content of this forum. Because of this he lets things ride or reigns them in as he sees fit.
    4- Lamont tries very hard to keep a hands off attitude.
    5- Most people know when they are pushing the envelope.

People come here because they know what to expect. A good, clean exchange of positive ideas. Even when the content is negative (like an issue with their Spyder, dealer, BRP, vendor, etc.), the idea is to achieve a positive result. Get too far astray from this center line and you run the risk of finding a dead end.

I, for one, would hate to have the job of riding heard on this forum. I would not do nearly as good a job.

We are not here to burn each other down, we are here to help each other out! All in all, not a bad place to be....
    WRIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!! GOOD ONE>

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nor-Cal Spyder View Post
    I've been on a lot of forums in my life and I have never seen the "owner" of that forum authorize the close of a thread. I've read all the replies to several threads about the subject of when and wear the next Spyderfest might be held and didn't see anything other then people voicing their opinion. I can't speak for all of you but I have no time for anyone who tries to squelch free speech, especially mine. Who ever is doing this, shame on you.

I'm done here....
    GOOD !!!!

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I'm done here....
    I haven't posted in quite a while. But I will now.

Your opinion is that it wasn't getting heated, but I had drafted a lengthy response to one of the posts, and I am SO THANKFUL that Lamont's handling of the threads prevented me from possibly burning someone alive.

I try to be very prudent with replies, especially angry ones, but I have a limit and it was being reached.

So for me two things.
    1. THANK YOU LAMONT for using better judgement than I was.
    2. Good bye Nor-Cal if leaving is what you see is appropriate. Sorry you feel that way.

Spyder Garage

I fully agree with Nor Cal on this one. I didn't agree with some postings but I didn't see where anyone was doing anything hurtful. I enjoyed Spyderfest and the folks that ran it did a great job. There's always ways to improve and discussing positive improvements for the future is a good thing and should not be suppressed. The opinions will flow to other threads anyway. Lamont does a great job and, as owners, there's a lot of informational value for us, but i can understand Nor Cals stance as I considered walking away also.
    2012 Spyder RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm done here....
    You seem to be a bit confused where your right to "free speech" can be applied.

On a blog-site for which you pay nothing to belong... you have no right to free speech.

That may be part of what is wrong in this country... people do not even know where their rights begin and end. Geez...

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

I think/know Lamont does a great balancing act on here. My comment would be, if you do not like this one, start your own site. this is a free country.Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm a bit late to this party ; but here's my penny's worth on this subject:
    Who ever guaranteed anybody "Free Speech" in their own house? This is Lamont's domain... If he wishes to rule as a "Benevolent Despot", or a "Tyrannical Saint"; it's his game, his ball, his scoresheet, and his field...
    I'm sorry that you feel this way, and I hope that you do come back.
    Oh! Randy; just a little reminder... lamonts%20banhammer.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Bob, that is too funny...

JT

Spyder Garage

Default Soap Box

Constructive criticism and collaboration are both good things... but Lamont is free to do as he wishes...

Just my 2 pennies.....