THE LIFE THAT SOME WILL NOT UNDERSTAND

I own a motorcycle because of a personal life choice.
One day when I am very old and I can’t ride anymore; it will be in my garage as a trophy of my memories. I hope it has 3 wheels so I can ride longer than my legs allow.

I have met people who taught me much because they have the same spirit.
I spoke with perfect strangers, yet never uttered a word.

I learned through gestures to communicate with other riders.
I have spent money that I did not have, I gave up many things, but
I have received wisdom from those before me and have given it freely to those who will ride long after I’m gone.

I get wet, I get cold, I have ridden through the heat with pants dripping from sweat,
I have been afraid, I fell, and I stood up, but also, I laughed out loud with the wind.
I spoke a thousand times with myself and God. Still do. I sang and shouted with joy like a madman, when only my bike could hear me. And yes ... sometimes I’ve cried.

I have seen wonderful places because of motorcycles.
I have made curves that even my friends would be proud of; other times I made curves full of terror that would make some riders poop their pants, including me.
I stopped many times to see the landscape and the beauty of God's creations.
I’ve gone out with frustrations inside and returned home with a feeling of absolute peace in my heart.

I've always known how dangerous it is, but fear will never control me.
Every time I go out on my ride I think about how wonderful she/he is.
My bike is not a means of transportation, but is a piece of iron with wheels, and a throttle that somehow has touched my very soul, this machine I am blessed with is part of who and what I am.

I’m not asking for anyone to understand this, some do and some don’t.
Just remember, if you love someone who rides, respect their choices & pray for their safe return home.

Author unknown