View Poll Results: When do you think Spyderfest 2014 should be held?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it in April

43 33.33%
  • May

55 42.64%
  • June

14 10.85%
  • July

6 4.65%
  • August

1 0.78%
  • September

7 5.43%
  • October

1 0.78%
  • Any other month (brrrrr...)

2 1.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

To me it's a lot like being offered a banana, eating it, and then saying "I don't like bananas much. I wish you'd given me an orange."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm going to be honest here and some of you won't like what I have to say but so be it.

I was very disappointing to see the move the date on Spyderfest post. That is just a slap in the face to these guys and gals that worked so hard for you all to have a good time. If anyone should be complaining it should be the vendors that were laying it the rain all day with the wind blowing on them the whole time and their customers having to hold down the tent poles so the wind didn't blow them away. The Elka and SpyderPops crew put in 12 hours of that along with the rest of the vendors and I didn't hear one of them cry let's move the event and they had every reason to say so. They could have said we ain't doing it, it's too wet and too cold but instead they took care of everyone that was willing to show up.

I know a lot of you are new to motorcycles and rallies and maybe that along with age is why this seems to be a big surprise to you all but this is what happens at rallies, "weather happens" and you either suck it up and deal with it or go home. It's not the fault of the guys who picked the date and even though you say you know that you still can't help but make them feel as if they let you down in some way. If it had been like it was the one good day or like it is right now would you still be asking to move it to another date? Maybe it's good that some of you won't be at the next one if it's too cold or too hot or too far or whatever. I want to be around folks that appreciate the effort that went into pulling this off and are willing to keep their thoughts to themselves because they know that pretty much everything else went well considering the time frame this new dealership and event was put together. I would rather hangout with a 100 riders that understood that then 1000 riders that want to complain about the weather.

Sorry but I've been holding this in for three days now,
    I ABSOLUTLEY agree.

Spyder Garage

What Lamont said!

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm going to be honest here and some of you won't like what I have to say but so be it.

I was very disappointing to see the move the date on Spyderfest post. That is just a slap in the face to these guys and gals that worked so hard for you all to have a good time. If anyone should be complaining it should be the vendors that were laying it the rain all day with the wind blowing on them the whole time and their customers having to hold down the tent poles so the wind didn't blow them away. The Elka and SpyderPops crew put in 12 hours of that along with the rest of the vendors and I didn't hear one of them cry let's move the event and they had every reason to say so. They could have said we ain't doing it, it's too wet and too cold but instead they took care of everyone that was willing to show up.

I know a lot of you are new to motorcycles and rallies and maybe that along with age is why this seems to be a big surprise to you all but this is what happens at rallies, "weather happens" and you either suck it up and deal with it or go home. It's not the fault of the guys who picked the date and even though you say you know that you still can't help but make them feel as if they let you down in some way. If it had been like it was the one good day or like it is right now would you still be asking to move it to another date? Maybe it's good that some of you won't be at the next one if it's too cold or too hot or too far or whatever. I want to be around folks that appreciate the effort that went into pulling this off and are willing to keep their thoughts to themselves because they know that pretty much everything else went well considering the time frame this new dealership and event was put together. I would rather hangout with a 100 riders that understood that then 1000 riders that want to complain about the weather.

Thank you for putting it so well!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Folks REALLY like to complain about two things; The weather, and politics...
    ...And since Politics is not a well-tolerated topic in here...
    I've already got a plan working so as to cut me loose from "Perdition's Flames" here next April...
    Besides; (And I REALLY don't know much about this.) don't they get tornadoes in Missouri every once in a while as you get a bit deeper into the year?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great event. When I got wet I dried out. Always works that way. Will be back next year (with my better half hopefully). Very happy to have an event of this caliber to attend.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    What I can't quite see and it seems a tad bit harsh is how a discussion of a date is slap in the face to these guys and gals that worked so hard for you all to have a good time.
    Alright Roger, only because I like ya I have spent the past 10 minutes reading and then re-reading the two threads about "moving the date". I am with you I fail to see the slap but I appreciate I tend to not take things personally unless they are directed at me personally....... if that makes any sense? Now having said that, it is for sure very sad that the wonderful folks that spent all this time to create this incredible adventure for people feel like they have disappointed their guests. That is truly sad, they can take solace however in all the posters like you that basically have said hold it wherever, whenever and I will be there!
    2011 RTS SM5

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Please advice that I am not doing this to make Len and MoGang change the date. This is more to show Spyderlovers where we stand. Again, this is MoGang's and Len's call if they want to change the date.

IMPO I say keep it where it is. Many have made the comment that most rallys (i.e. Motorcycle events expanding more than 2 days) have the chance of having a day of rain as a minimum... no rain if lucky enough. I remember Maggie Valley 2011 when we went to the Owner's Event. It rained half of the time, it was cool and got colder in the evenings and during the rain... and this was IN JUNE! But did it stop us from having fun? HECK NO!!!

Again, this is just for a viewpoint... not to submit a petition of any sort!
    Hmmm and I thought you were working!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So much for free speech. Lamont, it's just a pole. I was under the impression that "Spyderfest" is for all of us so I think our voice is just as important, and as you stated maybe some people may be offended by what I am posting, so be it. But then thats just me.

PS- I am sure that everyone who attended this years rally appreciated how much effort Len and the MoGang put into it. And as far as the venders are concerned they may have had to work in poor weather conditions but that's all part of making a living. I worked in the rain for 30 years and never expected to have the public give me sympathy.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I talked to some MO gang members about why they dont move the event and got real answers and we talked with a few spyder people who complained about the weather, and I do feel sorry for guys that have to work out in the weather, be it vendors or tradesmen. But we also went to the BRP owners event in Maggie Valley and weather was not much better, maybe worst. To us Spyderfest is a much better event, and will continue going to both when we can. as long as they will have it.

Spyder Garage

Default When would you like to see Spyderfest Happening?

Sure the weather put a wrench in some of our riding, but we rode when we were able. It was great seeing people we have met previously. The vendor village is always a great gathering place to just hangout. For myself because of the crowds I wasn't able to spend time at Pitbulls as I would have liked. The city of Springfield just doesn't do it for me. Spyderfest has really grown and it seems to have lost that small town feel that first captivated me. I really do commend the hard work that Len & MoGang have put into this. I still enjoy the people and maybe that should be enough. I only see Spyderfest continuing to grow and the challenges that MoGang will have to face will be greater. I have to honestly say I enjoyed the Cuba area and hope to set up a return ride next year.
    2011 Pearl White RT Limited
    HMT Brake Light, Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Lights, GloRyders, Seal Floorboards, Powerlet 12V, Garage Door Momentary Button, Bump Skid, Elka's Stage 1, Ultimate Sea, Air Wings

Member of the Woodstock Spyder Ryders (Illinois)

Spyder Garage

.Went to Moonshine Lunch Run in April it rained all the way there. I went there last year it rained there and, all the way home. And I will go again next year and get rained on again. Plan on rain and you won't be disappointed. I don't like riding in the rain but that part of being a biker. Just buy the right clothing to stay warm and dry and hope for the best. I am not trying to make anybody mad just stating a fact.

Spyder Garage

Default Lamont,s Post

Lamont I'm sorry you didn't post your comments sooner. WELL SAID!. That was our first SF and my wife and I had the time of our lives. If it wasn't for the rain I'm sure we wouldn't have met as many great individuals as we did. Our goal going to the SF was to meet as many of you spyderlovers as we possibably could. It would have been nice for 4 sunny days but it didn't happen, so we made the best of it. While it was raining we talked shop and since I'm new to spyders I learned a ton. Oh did I mention we drank a few beers and had many, many laughs.
    The last day of the event we also talked about the miserable conditions the venders had to work in and they still did a great job. Kudos to them!
    For all of those responsible for putting together this great event we thank you very much. I really don't care when the next SF is going to be, but if invited, rain, snow, sleet, or whatever we will be there.
    Finally, our other goal was to meet the most couragious person of the event,,,,,MurphyBrown. What an amazing young lady she is....and a pleasure to have met her. We are hoping to meet her again on her way home.
    Thanks also goes to Len for getting all those great tasting pies to the hotel. The berry berry was excellent.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm new, just bought my Spyder RT last week. I love the forum and have learned so much about Spyders. Living on the west side of the country it will be hard for me to probably every make Spyder Fest in MO. I would love to see something alternating East West. Just my thinking and not suggesting that be done. I hear the people in MO have worked hard to make it a great annual event. Just a fleeting thought I had reading all the post. I don't mean to offend anyone or upset the apple cart.
    2013 Spyder RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default When would you like to see Spyderfest Happening?

I got nutthin other than what I said in another thread- I met more friends this year than the other 2 combined. Add what someone else posted- (my paraphrase) 'when you ride, you ride. When your not riding, you meet new friends.' Which lasts longer?

Lemons..... Lemon aid.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad3.5 using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    I'm new, just bought my Spyder RT last week. I love the forum and have learned so much about Spyders. Living on the west side of the country it will be hard for me to probably every make Spyder Fest in MO. I would love to see something alternating East West. Just my thinking and not suggesting that be done. I hear the people in MO have worked hard to make it a great annual event. Just a fleeting thought I had reading all the post. I don't mean to offend anyone or upset the apple cart.

Spyderfest is always held in MO but the BRP Owners Event moves around. This year it will be in Maggie Valley, NC but last year it was in Durango, CO and there has been talk that it will rotate between those two locations in the future. There is Spyders in the Redwoods which is held in CA the first week of August.

Hopefully you can make it to one of these events!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I vote for May

Per the Weather Channel statistics, the average high and low temperature in Springfield is 10 to 12 degrees higher in May than in April. Being from Florida, I was not able to enjoy Spyderfest in the cold rain. I would rather pay more for a hotel room in May and not freeze to death. My two cents.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No matter where an event is held, there’s always going to be those who think it’s too far, too cold, too hot, or too whatever to go. No disrespect to MoGang, but Spyderfest is not Sturgis. You also have the BRP Owners event, Spyders in the Redwoods, etc etc. Just pick one and go, and less complaining and more riding.

When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom1 View Post
    Per the Weather Channel statistics, the average high and low temperature in Springfield is 10 to 12 degrees higher in May than in April. Being from Florida, I was not able to enjoy Spyderfest in the cold rain. I would rather pay more for a hotel room in May and not freeze to death. My two cents.
    I couldn't agree more about paying extra in May for a room and would love to be back in CUBA, MO.

And, hopefully won't be snowing in Wyoming on the way to the rally next year.
    Last edited by Nor-Cal Spyder; 05-01-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

I am not voting - I agree with Lamonts post

no matter where you go, or what time of year it is, the weather will always be an unpredictable factor (like trips I've made to Hawaii, Japan, Taiwan, mainland China, Hong Kong, Israel, France, living in California for 25 years, etc)

it can be beautiful one day, and suck the next....
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

I have the solution I will hold an event in Las Vegas on July 15th you will be guaranteed hot weather and it hasn't rained on that day in something like 50 years. We will call it SpyderMelt I'll charge at least $100 per person and in return you will get hot dry weather and that is all and in return I will get enough to make a few payments on my new Spyder.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I have the solution I will hold an event in Las Vegas on July 15th you will be guaranteed hot weather and it hasn't rained on that day in something like 50 years. We will call it SpyderMelt I'll charge at least $100 per person and in return you will get hot dry weather and that is all and in return I will get enough to make a few payments on my new Spyder.
    But, it's a dry heat!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    We will call it SpyderMelt I'll charge at least $100 per person and in return you will get hot dry weather and that is all and in return I will get enough to make a few payments on my new Spyder.
    ................I like it, good luck hope you sell out and pay it off!
    2011 RTS SM5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buttsy View Post
    ................I like it, good luck hope you sell out and pay it off!
    Me too!!!!!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Now we're not only throwing rocks at the date, but we are throwing rocks at the location? As far as I am concerned, that's just plain rude. I have to tell you that I am pretty disappointed in the comments I've seen here and in other threads. You always have the choice of not attending if you don't like what is offered. The same thing goes for any other event...the BRP Owners Event, Spyders in the Redwoods, Magog, or even a demo day.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!