Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT Limited front shock adjustment

I called my dealer this morning and asked how to make the adjustment on the front shock to a 5, to make it stiffer. He checked and said evidently the 2013 does not have an adjustment that can be made. Do any of you know if that is part of the suspension upgrade for the 2013? thanks
    Last edited by diesel-dawg; 04-29-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Correct - The 2013 Model RT's do not have any adjustments built in

Its not like the previous models where you had a 1 thru 5 scale of stiffness to choose from, its one setting fits all for the new suspension

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post Here's the 2013 parts schematic just for clarification

Spyder Garage

Great...so as I understand it, you can't do anything to stiffen the front, other than what comes from the factory and the electronic load adjustment switch only adjusts the rear end suspension....is that a correct understanding?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by diesel-dawg View Post
    Great...so as I understand it, you can't do anything to stiffen the front, other than what comes from the factory and the electronic load adjustment switch only adjusts the rear end suspension....is that a correct understanding?
    Correct... the rear controls how hard or soft you want your rear to respond. This is necessary to contol based on 1 or 2 up and/or trailer pulling. I guess because of the new re-positioning of the shocks on the '13, BRP did not add a front shock adjustment.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5