Spyder Garage

Default Owners Event in Maggie Valley

Really hated that I missed Spyderfest. I read all about it, and other than the rain, it sounds like it was a blast. I've only been a Spyder owner for about a month now, so I'm still learning about these events.

How is the Owners Event in Maggie Valley different than Spyderfest? Obviously it's much smaller, but are a lot of the same vendors there? I liked hearing that you can view mods and have them installed while you wait. Does this take place in Maggie Valley also?

Spyder Garage

The Owners event is put on by BRP and is a way to thank owners and for all of to get together to renew friendships and make new ones. There will be no vendors (at least at the event itself). BRP does set up a store for all all of the Spyder related products and it is a chance to look at all the new models and options.

You will have a great time and it is beautiful riding around Maggie Valley.
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey SJC. The Owners event is a somewhat different experience. Where the Spyderfest is all about vendors and mods to the Spyder the Owners event is more laid back in that there are no vendors on site. On the other hand there is great riding in the area, a great Wheels through Time Motorcycle Museum, good food and lots of time to meet and spend time with both old and new friends. The Famous "Tail of the of the Dragon" (311 turns in 11miles!) is only a short ride away also. BRP puts on a great hosted event with music, free dinner and a local Dealer to help with bike issues, oil changes etc. there will be some clothing and Can Am accessories available as well if its anything like last year. The point is that BRP tries to make this a personal event between them and the owners and I do think that they succeed. Following the event on Saturday many of us ride the 70 miles or so to Lamont's Bar B Q and have a second chance at meeting up with both old and new friends. All in all it is a very satisfying and warm event with around 450-550 of the best folks on three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    The Owners event is put on by BRP and is a way to thank owners and for all of to get together to renew friendships and make new ones. There will be no vendors (at least at the event itself). BRP does set up a store for all all of the Spyder related products and it is a chance to look at all the new models and options.

You will have a great time and it is beautiful riding around Maggie Valley.

Thanks, guys. Hoping I can get off work for a couple of days to ryde there. Sounds fun!
    Last edited by sjcpanther; 04-28-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Will BRP have demo rides at the owners event?
    The wife is really talking more and more about a new RT.
    2020 RTL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

They did not at the last Maggie Valley event but they may at this one with the new 2013's out

Spyder Garage

Also-- if Can-Am sells accessories during the Owner's Event, do they also install them?

I'm tempted to finally add the Givi bags to my RS, but I'd be *even more* tempted if I could get somebody to do it for me
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Most of the stuff sold last time were cash and carry. BRP did not bring any mechanics last time, the only folks doing work there was the local Can Am dealer doing oil changes and emergency repairs. They may be able to install something. My son bought a two brothers exhaust for his RS from the Dealer and we had to tie ot to his bike for the return trip. Keep in mind the owners event is really only two and a half days long (1/2 Thursday, Friday and Saturday ). Most folks will be leaving for,Lamonsters Bar B Q on Saturday as well. Not much time to install stuf. Spyderpops was set up at the Wheels through Time Museum adding his heat shields. It would be nice to see some other vendors make similar arrangements.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default When

What are the dates of the owners event?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Most of the stuff sold last time were cash and carry. BRP did not bring any mechanics last time, the only folks doing work there was the local Can Am dealer doing oil changes and emergency repairs. They may be able to install something. My son bought a two brothers exhaust for his RS from the Dealer and we had to tie ot to his bike for the return trip. Keep in mind the owners event is really only two and a half days long (1/2 Thursday, Friday and Saturday ). Most folks will be leaving for,Lamonsters Bar B Q on Saturday as well. Not much time to install stuf. Spyderpops was set up at the Wheels through Time Museum adding his heat shields. It would be nice to see some other vendors make similar arrangements.
    Thanks for the info... my first Owner's Event, so just trying to get a feel for what to expect.
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Default Owners Event in Maggie Valley

I would bet some vendors out here will be organizing and having their own vendor village at the owners event. Check with Spyderpops.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I would bet some vendors out here will be organizing and having their own vendor village at the owners event. Check with Spyderpops.
    Be veddy, veddy quiet... Don't want MV Chamber of Commerce involved!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Also, those wanting to attend the owner's event will need to sign up on the BRP website for this event. I don't think you can "just show up" but I could be wrong on this? It's free and they will have a packet for you when you check in.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Be veddy, veddy quiet... Don't want MV Chamber of Commerce involved!
    Love it Shhhhhh. Wonder if they could install some floorboards under the trusty cover of darkness I wouldn't tell anybody.

Spyder Garage

Default owner signup

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    Also, those wanting to attend the owner's event will need to sign up on the BRP website for this event. I don't think you can "just show up" but I could be wrong on this? It's free and they will have a packet for you when you check in.
    yep you need to sign up online they need your VIN Number it's for owners, all is welcome they just won't feed you, or give you gas money to get home. but if you don't have a spyder come anyway we love all the attention we can get.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chief One View Post
    What are the dates of the owners event?

Thanks!

June 13 & 14

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What is the link to register for the event. I am register but would like to send the link to a friend so she can register. When I go to the BRP site I could not find the place for someone to register

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

I'm curious as to what to expect, as this will be my first Spyder event. Be nice to get some sort of commemorative shirt/decal/etc.
    ---------
    Jive
    Beckley, WV
    2012 Pure Magnesium Metallic Spyder RTS SM5, SpyderPops Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Cindy and I attended the owners event a couple of years ago in Maggie Valley and was impressed with the event. Met a lot of people and enjoyed the food and the attention to detail that BRP did for everything. I do hope that Vendors can work something out perhaps at the Wheels Through Time location. I am sure Dale would work with Spyderlovers if he can. There's wonderful riding in the area, up to Cherokee N.C., Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon and much more. It is a short event this year but Lamont's BBQ on Saturday will be a great finish to the weekend. Many folks are going to the Greeneville area (near Lamonts) and booking rooms for Friday and or Saturday nights. Looking forward to another great event, Just got back from Spyderfest. Had a good time in spite of the rain.
    Happy Spyderlovers