Thread: Gloves

Spyder Garage

Default Gloves

Now that all you SpyderLovers have recent experience which gloves are actually water proof?

JT

Spyder Garage

Those big, ugly yellow rubber kitchen gloves?? :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Spyder Garage

Default Gloves

I found a pair at a BMW dealer a few years ago and they were the closes thing to waterproof that I have ever found. Now for the bad news....I lost them and for the life of me, I can't remember what they were called. I got them on sale for about $60.00....if that helps.

Spyder Garage

Well there is a BMW dealer about 60 miles from here...

JT

Spyder Garage

Default Walmart Ice fishing gloves

They a few sizes left online and sure you would have to wait for the fish icefishing season to start before they have a full contingency of sizes amazing gloves. Around 12 $15. And I always have a pair of ugly dishwashing gloves in my pack just in case!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Dang good idea, I think I'll toss an extra large pair of Solvex gloves in with the Frogg Toggs if I can't find an extra large pair of dishwashing gloves in blue.

I never would have thought of looking for ice fishing gloves... I guess you have to be a bit farther north to find them in Wally World.

JT

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Find yourself some thinner, tighter fitting gloves or glove liners. Go to farm and fleet or Menards type store and get a set of rubber gauntlet style glove used for handling chemicals. Mine are wells and Lamont brand. The combination is perfect for cool weather with the liners. The gauntlet fits over your rain suit sleeves. The rubber gloves have a grippy texture on the palms.

Spyder Garage

BRP has some snowmobile type that are waterproof. I have a pair of them and they work well for riding in deluges.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I bought a pair of Firstgear gloves about 10 years ago that are leather with a water proof liner, still use them today. And no the leather did not rot out, looks good as new.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steve0530 View Post
    I bought a pair of Firstgear gloves about 10 years ago that are leather with a water proof liner, still use them today. And no the leather did not rot out, looks good as new.
    I found the Firstgear web site but they don't mention where to purchase so I assume you have to find a shop that sells Firstgear. Looks like some real quality stuff that they have.

Thanks
    John

Spyder Garage

My KLIM gortex gloves worked great !!!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Try a kayak/paddle shop for a pair Otter gloves. I use a pair for whitewater rafting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use a cover made by McMoto Centric. They're not pretty, they're tough to pull up over your jacket cuffs, and they don't breathe...
    But my paws stay dry, and that's what matters!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I use Hi Viz Yellow Apine Stars drystar gloves . They work great my paws are dry and warm

Spyder Garage

I have had a pair of Goretex gloves about a year and, half and have went through some downpours, and they stayed dry on the inside. The first time I got soaked I thought the gloves were ruined but the outside dried out just fine. Paid $54.00 for them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    I found the Firstgear web site but they don't mention where to purchase so I assume you have to find a shop that sells Firstgear. Looks like some real quality stuff that they have.

Thanks
    John
    Try Revzilla.com. They sell a lot of Firstgear stuff, and and are great people to deal with.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc45 View Post
    Try Revzilla.com. They sell a lot of Firstgear stuff, and and are great people to deal with.
    Motorcycle Superstore is another place that has "everything".

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steve0530 View Post
    I was thinking BajaRon sells FirstGear products...am I correct? He's a sponsor here and usually has unbeatable prices.

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

but always carry mechanic style rubber gloves and slip them on under whatever I happen to be wearing. Keeps me dry a bit warmer cause all the gloves I've had during some 50+ years of riding keep me dry for a while but not all the way home...!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Dang good idea, I think I'll toss an extra large pair of Solvex gloves in with the Frogg Toggs if I can't find an extra large pair of dishwashing gloves in blue.

I never would have thought of looking for ice fishing gloves... I guess you have to be a bit farther north to find them in Wally World.

JT
    Definitely not a Florida based Walmart for sure!

Registered Users Motorcycle Mama & Papa's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Found these at Len's place. And they really do stay dry. Can Am 's Ski Dri2. Waterproof and breathable. Outer: 99.4% leather 0.4% nylon 0.2% polyurethane. Inner lining100% polyester. My hands stayed fairly warm.
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight" - Benjamin Franklin

Spyder Garage

I've found these to be the best of the best: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...r-n-dry-gloves but the high price reflects that. But they do replace two pairs of gloves: summer riding gloves, and wet weather gloves so at least for me they were worth it. Held gloves are so well made they will last you 10 years, (I have a seven year old pair that hardly look worn and I've put them thru the mill) so take that into consideration. Held gloves are a worthwhile investment in comfort and safety.

Held-Air-n-Dry-Motorradhandschuh-schwarz_detail (1).jpg