Spyder Garage

Default Leaving Monday and NO START!

Leaving in the morning for spyderfest so this morning I went out to do last minute checks. Went to start her up to warm so I could check my oil... She fires up and sounds like she was running on one cylinder. twisted the throttle and nothing, no response. she dies and try restart, same thing but running worse then retry LIMP HOME!! Throttle body codes!! AGAIN!! Let it set for a minute and she fired up like nothing happened. Hope she will get us there. Already had to change out the throttle body less than a year ago. Hope Pittbulls will be able to look at it when we get there.
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Spyder Garage

Not cool.

Spyder Garage

another reason to ride with other folks. NOT PICKING ON YOU

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Leaving in the morning for spyderfest so this morning I went out to do last minute checks. Went to start her up to warm so I could check my oil... She fires up and sounds like she was running on one cylinder. twisted the throttle and nothing, no response. she dies and try restart, same thing but running worse then retry LIMP HOME!! Throttle body codes!! AGAIN!! Let it set for a minute and she fired up like nothing happened. Hope she will get us there. Already had to change out the throttle body less than a year ago. Hope Pittbulls will be able to look at it when we get there.

Maybe get a code now in case it does not happen again, plus you can see what did happen and plan from there. Don't want to get stranded. This would definitely be my luck too.

Spyder Garage

Got her packed and just now got back from a ride. All good for now. Leaving in the morning hell bent for Mo.

Spyder Garage

Wishing you a safe and uneventful trip.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good job! Have fun!

Spyder Garage

Default Good luck..!

be careful, be safe, and enjoy the fest..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    A Throttle Body is not a life or death issue on a trip. Once the Spyder has been started for the day, use your kill switch only any time you stop. That way the computer does not need to be used again and all you have to do is hit the starter button (DO NOT turn your key off after you use the kill switch!) I rode this way for 6 months before changing the TB.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    A Throttle Body is not a life or death issue on a trip. Once the Spyder has been started for the day, use your kill switch only any time you stop. That way the computer does not need to be used again and all you have to do is hit the starter button (DO NOT turn your key off after you use the kill switch!) I rode this way for 6 months before changing the TB.
    Whoa, wait a minute; you mean the kill switch essentially works as if the key is turned off and theres no drain on the battery? Been riding for 60 years and never knew that.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Whoa, wait a minute; you mean the kill switch essentially works as if the key is turned off and theres no drain on the battery? Been riding for 60 years and never knew that.
    Has to be referring to like stopping for gas or something.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    There is drain on the battery. The kill switch mainly kills the ignition and a portion of the displayed information. Not a good idea to leave things like this and go into the restaurant. The Spyder might not be there when you return.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!