Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Air Wings... Who uses them?

Who here uses the Baker Built Air Wings? What's the difference between the "original" and the "new generation" air wings? And then there's the "leg wings." It shows a picture with a digital thermometer on the riders foot and it's 23 degrees cooler. It seems to me that would solve the hot foot problem. Anyone here use them? What do you think?

I have a 2013 RT Limited and have only had it a week. I've not had a hot foot, yet... it's been too cold.

See you at SpyderFest!
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I have them on my RT...and love them. They do a great job of keeping the air where I want it...especially on the freeway.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Default baker air wings

We have Baker Air Wings on both of our Spyders my 08 GS and on the wifes 12 RT and we love them

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have Baker Air-Wings, installed at last years Spyderfest, and wouldn't be without them.

Spyder Garage

I've had mine for about a year and really like them. They'll direct the airflow on you or close them to block the air in cooler temps. I think I have the new generation but don't know what the difference is. I'm going to see them at SpyderFest to see about an additional upper wing.

Another plus is the way they attach to the Spyder. No way to lose the two smaller side panels! Some owners have had this panel come off while going down the highway.

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Air Wings

I have them on my 2012 RT with out the Leg Wings (they would not work with my highway foot pegs) I do have the inner Panel.
    The system works great both in hot & cold weather. I have New Generation.
    New Generation Air Wings™ Products
    The majority of the models of Air Wings™ products are now made with a Break Resistant and Scratch Resistant material, manufactured by F4 Custom Windshields, in addition to the original plexiglas and polycarbonate materials.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Baker Air Wings...

I've had mine for a year, both upper and lowers, and they really do assist air control. In cold weather, they keep air off the body and when the weather is hot, open them up for better air flow across the body. Never have been troubled by the hot foot but I do have the block off plate and with the wings, my ride is usually very enjoyable!

Diana

Spyder Garage

Had them on our first set of RT's and put them on our second ones.

My wife always complained of the hot right side on her Spyder and we tried several solutions for that problem. Once she installed the air wings the complaints ceased.

Worth every penny to me.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

I have them and love them. Plenty of options and they even make sure you don't lose your access plate ...
    Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Baker Air Wings

I'm going to order these Baker Air Wings for my 2012 RT. When they give the price does it include "a pair", one set for each side or do I have to order "two" Baker Air Wings...????

Spyder Garage

I have them with the uppers and love them, not only are they great to force more air in to stay cooler in the summer. They're also great to keep the wind off as well, especially when it gets cooler at night. Help to keep you a little dryer in the rain as well, they create a little air bubble and the rain just blows around. Just need to figure out why they don't work at stop lights.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default Yep highly recommend

They do exactly what they say they will do and I love it. An added bonus is that I never have to worry about that panel coming off when I check the oil.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Air Wings

OK, you guys convinced me! I had them installed yesterday and I can tell the difference. Good choice. Leaving my house in about four hours for Spyderfest.

See you there!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I had them on my Wing and it was the first mod I did to the Spyder. During the last week, I've ridden in 25 - 35 degree weather and they help deflect the air off the legs.
    ----
    USAF Retired (1986 - 2006)
    Ohio PGR Ride Captain
    Riding with Dignity, Honor and Respect

Spyder Garage

I started to read this thread and it reminded me that I did want a set of Baker Airwings.With this in mind I set off from South Florida bound for Spyderfest.Halfway up Florida i remembered made a call to Central Florida powersports my dealer,He had them in stock.I made a 15 mile diversion.Took them 30minutes to install and i was on my way.
    They work great.

ivor

Spyder Garage

Have the new generation with the uppers and love them. Have had them two years now.

100_1922.jpg

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit