Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is this?

Spyder Garage

Default Why is this?

I think Bruisersbaby is looking forward to Spyderfest more than I am. Maybe because she's the outgoing one and I'm the one who likes to stay below the radar? Two years ago she didn't even know how to drive a motorcycle. Now she's all over her Spyder, convereses on GOS all the time, has GOS jewelery, and something about sock monkeys? Oh well.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

I will officialy say i know nothing about SOCKMONKEYS, and neither does What's his name.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

where's bob?

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I think Bruisersbaby is looking forward to Spyderfest more than I am. Maybe because she's the outgoing one and I'm the one who likes to stay below the radar? Two years ago she didn't even know how to drive a motorcycle. Now she's all over her Spyder, convereses on GOS all the time, has GOS jewelery, and something about sock monkeys? Oh well.
    HAHA, I'm on GOS so I know about the sock monkey.

And don't worry you can't talk while driving so, get out on some rides and have fun! It'll be nice to meet you and bruisersbaby too.
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest!

I totally know how she feels!! 40 years riding on the back of hubby HD n Vulcan! And one day in June at Americade I sat on a Spyder RT !! And I was in love!! Had to get my own Lic!! Kinda took the bike over! At night my hubby says I'm glued to my IPad on GOS!!!

Spyder Garage

I know the feeling. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll talk sock onkeys with her!
    (Not that I've any clue what the heck they are...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'll talk sock onkeys with her!
    (Not that I've any clue what the heck they are...)
    Sock Monkey - http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/362...FQFx4AodYUgA1g
    -Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now that I'm armed with conversation material...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

A long time ago in a land far away - someone invented Monkey Butt! And the rest is history!!

Spyder Garage

I was thinking it was a mini version of a 'TRUNK MONKEY'. What do I know?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Talking

Sounds like someone found a hobby and personal relationships outside everyday life that she truly enjoys. With your support and blessings....no doubt. How cool is that

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

She has my full support.

Happy wife, happy life

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sockmonkeys! Egads!!!

I live where sockmonkeys (as known by most) originated. Creeps me out... They have fiberglass monkeys all around town. Someone thought this was something important about our heritage, I guess.

History... (for what it is worth), and information that will NOT buy you a beer, or make you the popular person at the party:

John Nelson, a Swedish immigrant to the United States, patented the sock-knitting machine in 1869, and began manufacturing work socks in Rockford, Illinois in 1890. The iconic sock monkeys made from red-heeled socks emerged at the earliest in 1932, the year the Nelson Knitting Company added the trademarked red heel to its product. In the early years, the red-heeled sock was marketed as "De-Tec-Tip". Nelson Knitting was an innovator in the mass market work sock field, creating a loom that enabled socks to be manufactured without seams in the heel. These seamless work socks were so popular that the market was soon flooded with imitators, and socks of this type were known under the generic term "Rockfords". Nelson Knitting added the red heel "de-tec-tip" to assure its customers that they were buying "original Rockfords". This red heel gave the monkeys their distinctive mouth. During the Great Depression, American crafters first made sock monkeys out of worn-out Rockford Red Heel Socks.

I sincerely apologize for posting this... but had to share my misery.

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruisersbaby View Post
    A long time ago in a land far away - someone invented Monkey Butt! And the rest is history!!
    They have a powder to help with that situation.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    They have a powder to help with that situation.
    [QUOTE=Illinois Boy;608091]Sockmonkeys! Egads!!!

I live where sockmonkeys (as known by most) originated. Creeps me out... They have fiberglass monkeys all around town. Someone thought this was something important about our heritage, I guess.

History... (for what it is worth), and information that will NOT buy you a beer, or make you the popular person at the party:

John Nelson, a Swedish immigrant to the United States, patented the sock-knitting machine in 1869, and began manufacturing work socks in Rockford, Illinois in 1890. The iconic sock monkeys made from red-heeled socks emerged at the earliest in 1932, the year the Nelson Knitting Company added the trademarked red heel to its product. In the early years, the red-heeled sock was marketed as "De-Tec-Tip". Nelson Knitting was an innovator in the mass market work sock field, creating a loom that enabled socks to be manufactured without seams in the heel. These seamless work socks were so popular that the market was soon flooded with imitators, and socks of this type were known under the generic term "Rockfords". Nelson Knitting added the red heel "de-tec-tip" to assure its customers that they were buying "original Rockfords". This red heel gave the monkeys their distinctive mouth. During the Great Depression, American crafters first made sock monkeys out of worn-out Rockford Red Heel Socks.

I sincerely apologize for posting this... but had to share my misery.

Spyderwolf - the powder is what started this whole sock monkey frenzy. Did you know there is actually a Lady Monkey Butt powder???

Illinois Boy - that is really interesting how the sock monkey was born. I'll pass this on to the GOS (Girls on Spyders) so they can read it, too. Thanks for the info. I hope that my appreciation for your research will make you less miserable.

Spyder Garage

Default Sock Monkey Mascot for GOS

Well, there is a special history behind the GOS Spyder Sock Monkeys as GOS members know so well. Only we and our beloved ones know the stories! Our monkeys are loved and very well protected. They ryde with us and live with us! Beware of those who try to harm them in any way! Bless our sock babies! DSC01550.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lawawuu View Post
    Well, there is a special history behind the GOS Spyder Sock Monkeys as GOS members know so well. Only we and our beloved ones know the stories! Our monkeys are loved and very well protected. They ryde with us and live with us! Beware of those who try to harm them in any way! Bless our sock babies! DSC01550.jpg
    Could not have said it any better.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spidergirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey leave our sock monkeys alone lol

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Illinois Boy - that is really interesting how the sock monkey was born. I'll pass this on to the GOS (Girls on Spyders) so they can read it, too. Thanks for the info. I hope that my appreciation for your research will make you less miserable.
    Agree! Girls on Spyders have gone sock monkey crazy so it's good to know the origins of our beloved mascot! There are even traveling sock monkeys making their way across the globe to ryde Spyders with GOS and promote riding safety. You can follow the travels on Facebook's Girls on Spyders Ophelia Project.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Red face Sock monkeys

I just assumed they were.....(ready for it?....) Spyder Monkeys. :o)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Bruiser - I think you and Steve need to meet! I think you will quite get along!

Michele
    Mommy to sock monkey "Bliss"
    Knees to the breeze!

Our Mods so far:
    Spyderpops Bump Skid & Missing Belt Guard
    Grip Buddies
    Baker Built AirWings
    GloRyder Wheel Lights (Remote Control - on order)
    BajaRon Anti-Sway bar
    John's Seal FloorBoards
    Vanity plates "3Five" - since we bought it for our 35th wedding anniv!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The instigator

Ophelia and Son Opie
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Drift HD 720 digital video camera w/ remote
    Russell Day-Long Custom Seat and Driver backrest
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Spyderwolf - the powder is what started this whole sock monkey frenzy. Did you know there is actually a Lady Monkey Butt powder???
    Apparently the developers of the product believe that lady monkey butts are more sensitive than male monkey butts.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods