Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT handling vs 2011 RT

Has anyone who owned a stock 2010-2012 RT had the chance to ride a stock 2013 RT are the suspension improvements a big difference in handling or not? thinking about upgrading.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Spyder View Post
    Has anyone who owned a stock 2010-2012 RT had the chance to ride a stock 2013 RT are the suspension improvements a big difference in handling or not? thinking about upgrading.
    I used to own an 2010 RT Audio and Convenience. It was a great machine, had a few issues but all fixable and out the door. Decided to trade because I was tired of the color (Gray) and liked the new blacked out bottom, bigger wheels and the new frame. I had to get the ball joints replaced since I noticed that it was very "squirmy" on the road. It made a BIG difference. Yes, you can tell the difference on the 2010 and 2013 maneuvering. The 2013's shocks are different since they need no adjustment based on weight (the '10-12's have the 1-5 setting) and the setting are a tad higher.

As far as handeling: It hugs the road a lot better. I recently came back from Hot Springs and went to both the North and West Mountains which are very curvey. I love the response on it. I even made the comparison on my wife's RS-S and you can that the response on the curves is more settled and compensating.

I am loving the change so far!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default handling

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    I used to own an 2010 RT Audio and Convenience. It was a great machine, had a few issues but all fixable and out the door. Decided to trade because I was tired of the color (Gray) and liked the new blacked out bottom, bigger wheels and the new frame. I had to get the ball joints replaced since I noticed that it was very "squirmy" on the road. It made a BIG difference. Yes, you can tell the difference on the 2010 and 2013 maneuvering. The 2013's shocks are different since they need no adjustment based on weight (the '10-12's have the 1-5 setting) and the setting are a tad higher.

As far as handeling: It hugs the road a lot better. I recently came back from Hot Springs and went to both the North and West Mountains which are very curvey. I love the response on it. I even made the comparison on my wife's RS-S and you can that the response on the curves is more settled and compensating.

I am loving the change so far!
    Have they fixed the ball joint issue on the new ones coming out yet?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Spyder View Post
    Have they fixed the ball joint issue on the new ones coming out yet?
    From what I understand, yes. Dealers where supposed to get a shipment of them to fix the ones out from the factory when the issue arised.
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

Everything that Bullant12 said and then some. I had the 2010 RT Premier Edition PE# 004 with elka shocks. I had the shocks tweaked to perfection. I am 6' and weigh 195lbs. I kept the Elkas at 8 1/2 inches and I think it was 15 rebound. Tire pressure was kept at 20 in the fronts and 30 in the back.

All I can say is that my 2013 RT-S corners way much better than my 2010. It is far superior in handling than the 2010. I do believe it's a bit more sensitive to wind gusts than the 2010.

The ball joint issue has been addressed and fixed.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you drive it off the showroom floor, the handling will be equal to, or better than; the best aftermarket setups!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When you drive it off the showroom floor, the handling will be equal to, or better than; the best aftermarket setups!
    Thanks everyone I will call my dealer today.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    All I can say is that my 2013 RT-S corners way much better than my 2010. It is far superior in handling than the 2010. I do believe it's a bit more sensitive to wind gusts than the 2010.
    I noticed that on the way back from Hot Springs this weekend. Those twisties on the park's mountain made me push Valerie to further and faster manuvering and better response than Gray (2010) on the Dragon. I also noticed the sensitivity on the wind gusts while on the interstate... but something I am used to on Roxy (Leira's RS-S 2011 before the anti-sway bar). Hopefully Ron can get us a Anti-Sway bar ready soon...

Previously owned: