Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle Attire

I enjoy seeing all the different attire that Motorcycle riders wear, BUT ....... Somewhere along the line, depending on where you are, you have to be aware of what your "OUTFIT" says about you.

yesterday we rode up to a State Park Restaurant for lunch and their were numerous motorcycle people there in different outfits, most of them looked pretty good until it happened (now understand that this is a family oriented restaurant with a lot of your children and older adults that may have just come from church etc.) In comes a mid 40's looking guy with a small group and he has a bright neon orange t-shirt with the following emblazoned on the back. CAN YOU SEE ME NOW A**H***. and although he may have thought it was cute, it was not appropriate for the setting. a simple vest or other covering over this shirt while in a restaurant would not have been too much to ask for.

if you chose to wear such attire please be aware that depending on the location, some of this stuff is objectionable even to other riders.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I totally agree

2012 Spyder RT Limited
    Guardian Bell (gift from son)
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    ISCI hand brake
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Agreed...and unfortunately I've seen worse.

Spyder Garage

Like the "Can you see me now" with the skeletal hand with middle finger.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Drives you nuts; doesn't it? Think of it as proof, that having money to spend isn't the same as having good taste and good manners.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I get his point but I also agree that was not the appropriate place to express it to whichever cager it might apply. Don't think I'd wear something like that in the first place but that's just me.

Most, if not all, of us have been there one time or another. For me it was as recent as yesterday. Wish I had my camera pointing forward as the idiot driving the drop-top beemer nearly took the front off my Spyder! I suppose I should have felt better when he stuck his arm in air and waved.

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

Spyder Garage

Like many others i want to make a statement .................... But i don't want the statement to say ........ hey look at me i am a dumb**s with no social skills.

Cruzr Joe

P.S. after seeing this yesterday, i took a look at some of my riding/socializing attire and removed some patches.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE no social skills.[/QUOTE]

It's sad that having social skills is becoming a lost art.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Spyder Garage

There is a time and a place for stuff like that and a family restaurant is not the place. Things like that really tell you what kind of person that was...

John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You must be a lovers if you are decent, respected, nice, humble individual. No one can hate you if you are a lover. I'm glad most riders are cleaning their acts together for good. God Bless us.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

I had hoped to be wearing my shorts and tennis shoes, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. (at least from what Lamont posted in another thread).

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    There is a time and a place for stuff like that and a family restaurant is not the place...John
    At this stage of my life, I'm not even sure there is a place for it or a time. Damn, it sucks being the guy I used to complain about! ...Don

Spyder Garage

There are some things that are considered far out--but I am not going to say much more on this hot button issue.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-15-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think he was looking to shock people and since it is not illegal there is no fixing ignorant. I see some pretty bad bumper stickers on cars as well and as a gentleman and a contributing member of society I would never think to display such nonsense. That being said, I can only say thanks to my parents (now both passed away) for instilling into me the common sense to know right from wrong and excuse those that feel the need to gain attention is such an anti social display.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 04-15-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default How uncouth

some people just can't hel themselves....

Thats when you need a shirt that says "I ' m with stupid!"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnirtsnod View Post
    At this stage of my life, I'm not even sure there is a place for it or a time. Damn, it sucks being the guy I used to complain about! ...Don
    Don,
    It sure sux; this whole, "getting old" thing!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Don,
    It sure sux; this whole, "getting old" thing!
    No, no, no , no, no! Delight in every day, and look forward to the next one, too. It is a privilege to grow old...be proud and happy, and thank God for the favor.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe I've just still got too much "Kid" in me then...
    The odd thing about it is; I still think like I did when I was really young. (and stoopid!) I still listen to the same noise on the radio, (same FM station since 1977), I still would LIKE to wear the inapproprate Tee shirts that I happily donned 35 years ago. Time hasn't changed my core beliefs; but it has added some perspective to the mix...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bob...grandchildren did that for me...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm still too young to be sleeping with anybody's Grandmother!

Spyder Garage

Default Getting old..!!

is in your mind...I refuse to act my age or look at myself in the mirror...now how old I'm I..?? In my mind..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Age vs childhood

I don't want to grow then I would have to act responsible when I do something stupid I would have own up to it.

Those Parkinson's boys keep sneaking up on me from time to time. But the Rightise's don' visit so that is pleasing. Getting old is a mind set and there are times when I'm so set blasting powder can't move these young bones.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    No, no, no , no, no! Delight in every day, and look forward to the next one, too. It is a privilege to grow old...be proud and happy, and thank God for the favor.
    the alternative is what sux!!!!

Spyder Garage

Well, since this progressed to an age thing. There are a few of us who have had that really close brush with the reaper and been turned back. I'm married to one, and yes Bob, she's a grandma. She lives life everyday. Like she says "I don't want to go anytime soon, but I'm not afraid of it anymore". I try to live like her. That is when Uncle Artie isn't too bad. Even when he decides to lay a hurtin' on me I still get up and push on. Like most of us I was bullet proof in my younger days. Those wild seeds I sowed are now waiting to be harvested. A good friend of mine said "I've got a lot more days behind me than I do ahead of me". So I guess it's time to live more conservatively. NOT!!!!!!!!

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Every day I have new pain in my worn out body. I am on only 57 but hope I do not grow too much older as the alternative would be a relief lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 2NFrnt View Post
    the alternative is what sux!!!!