Spyder Garage

Default Touring the "Gaspe", Quebec

My wife and I are planning on spending 4-5 days in the Gaspe this summer. I was wondering if any Spyder riders have done the Gaspe. I have done the Gaspe on snowmobile. After we leave the Gaspe we plan on riding down Northern New Brunswick over to Prince Edward Island and then on to Nova Scotia and up to Cape Breton before we head back home. We have 2 weeks. I know my way around New Brunswick, and P.E.I., and the southern end of Nova Scotia, pretty well. I have alot of family in the Moncton area. Thanks in advance. Bruce

Spyder Garage

I had the pleasure of riding in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in 1997. Great country.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yes it is, friendly folks, too.

Spyder Garage

Have done the Gaspe both on snowmobile and bike (K1200LT). Both were great trips. If you will be staying in motels/hotels you might need reservations. On the bike trip we had to do some searching to find a motel near the Forillon National Park at Cap des Rosier. We traveled through Maine and entered NB from Van Buren, then onto the Gaspe at Pointe a la Croix. Went counterclockwise around the peninsula which puts you on the outside edge of the road along the coast. We took Rt 299 down through the middle of the Chic Chocs. There were low clouds that day so we didn't see much of the mountains, but I imagine it would be scenic ride on a nice day. Four days is enough time to make a leisurely ride around the entire peninsula. A good mototourism map is available free at www.tourisme-gaspesie.com. If either of you is a bit squimish about heights I suggest you do the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton clockwise so you will be on the inside edge of the road. Have a great trip. Hope this was of some help.

Spyder Garage

we did the Gaspe area the first week of august 2011- also on my 1200LT, before my spyder- agree with red rt, but i have to add, be prepared for cool wet weather, we were there 3 days and the high was 57F. some said it was the coldest-wettest summer in 20 years. hope your trip is much better. also all three days were covered with fog. but on a high note we did see moose in Forillion National Park.

Spyder Garage

Also check this site... http://quebecmaritime.ca/motorcycle

Change the "SEASON SELECTOR" to Summer
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage