Thread: Stalling

Spyder Garage

Default Stalling

Have a ST- Limited, which I trickle charge when not riding, and if I don't ride it for more then a day or two it will stall two or three times before I can drive it away, any thoughts on why.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

That's odd. Is it stored where its dry? Have you actually checked voltage? Do you warm it up for a couple minutes? (Idle)

How does it run afterwards...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    That's odd. Is it stored where its dry? Have you actually checked voltage? Do you warm it up for a couple minutes? (Idle)

How does it run afterwards...
    It runs find afterwards, stored in a double attached garage. Let it warm up, watch it rev up to 2500rpm not touching the trottle then when rpm settles down to 1400 rpm it will stall, start it back up back it out of garage and will stall again, and could stall again before getting out of driveway, after that runs fine
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Same experience

My 2013 RT Limited does the same. I have 8000 miles on it. No telling when it wants to do the stall thing.
    2013 RT Limited Pearl White
    XM Radio, Sena SM10 Bluetooth adapter, Sena SMH10 Bluetooth headset, BajaRon's sway bar, Spyderpop's beltguard and bumpskid, Baker Built cup holder, Ultimate mid-rider seat, Tricled RT mirror turn signals.

Spyder Garage

That is not acceptable, even if it seems to be common. It could even be dangerous under certain conditions. Report it to your dealer and lean on them until it is cured. BRP can't understand that they have a problem unless owners report them. I'd suggest getting a claim number from Customer Care to make sure it goes beyond the dealership. Don't let them snowball you with "It's normal".
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!