Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default HID install now vss fault

I installed a hid kit everything went good started the motor a few times lites worked triggered the handle bar switch lites work went for a ride ok stop at a friends house come out hit starter and starter try's lites pulse a few times quick the vss error try a few more times no starter response as soon as starter kicks in the lites pulse then dead starter button then vss pulled the fuses for the lite relay and then it starts there were no polarity diagrams with the kit so does the stock lite plug feed matter to the hid kit this is a 09 rs sm and a zeon dept kit any other ideas?
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a voltage problem. Probably a weak battery or loose/dirty battery connections, but it could be just the inrush current of the HIDs pulling the battery down.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    I installed a hid kit everything went good started the motor a few times lites worked triggered the handle bar switch lites work went for a ride ok stop at a friends house come out hit starter and starter try's lites pulse a few times quick the vss error try a few more times no starter response as soon as starter kicks in the lites pulse then dead starter button then vss pulled the fuses for the lite relay and then it starts there were no polarity diagrams with the kit so does the stock lite plug feed matter to the hid kit this is a 09 rs sm and a zeon dept kit any other ideas?
    I assume this was some kind of aftermarket kit, not from BRP? In that case you need to be carefull, certain ballasts won't play well with the spyder.

Spyder Garage

Where did you buy you're Hid? Somme one are not
    spyder friendly, I use the one from KBcarstuff.com
    they work grate with no problem.
    I try a lot of hid kit
    Spyder RT LTD 2018 SE6 ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION( Wife)
    Spyder F3T 2016 LTD Black Special Édition
    French Spyder Forum
    SpyderTeam Rive-Sud MTL

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/spyderteam/
    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/SpyderTeam_ca

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by va2djd View Post
    Where did you buy you're Hid? Somme one are not
    spyder friendly, I use the one from KBcarstuff.com
    they work grate with no problem.
    I try a lot of hid kit
    That's the one
    2 happy happy spyders

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Grammer

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    Say. Did you ever hear of the term "run on sentence"?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Shouldn't there be a comma after Say instead of a period?
    A term such as run on sentence should either be italicized or in bold.
    Using quotation marks when the editor supplies the proper tools is considered bad form.
    You failed to mention grammar instead of grammer.

Okay, let's get back on track.
    Last edited by wyliec; 04-11-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lightman02 View Post
    I assume this was some kind of aftermarket kit, not from BRP? In that case you need to be carefull, certain ballasts won't play well with the spyder.
    This was my exact problem when I first tried HIDs. First I used the CD HIDs then I tried the XenonDepot ones and both sets did not like my Spyder at all. Between both sets I was left with a no start issue countless times and had to call for a flatbed twice. Finally bit the bullet and got the BRP HIDs and all is well. I am not saying the aftermarket kits are not good, they just didn't want to work on my ryde.