Spyder Garage

Default Plastic fastener tool

For anyone still looking for a tool to pull those pesky plastic rivets on our body panels, today I found at Harbor Freight Tools their "Push Pin Pliers" item #67400 for $9.95. Looks somewhat like an eagle's claw shaped like pliers and is absolutely "FANTASTIC". Now no more gouged hands from the slipping screwdriver blade!!!

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    For anyone still looking for a tool to pull those pesky plastic rivets on our body panels, today I found at Harbor Freight Tools their "Push Pin Pliers" item #67400 for $9.95. Looks somewhat like an eagle's claw shaped like pliers and is absolutely "FANTASTIC". Now no more gouged hands from the slipping screwdriver blade!!!

http://www.harborfreight.com/push-pin-pliers-67400.html

Bought the same one 2 weeks ago. Now I don't have to go look for the center pins I've been launching across the garage with a screwdriver.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Default Good news..!!

never had a problem but for those that do looks like a nice tool..thanks..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Explain in further detail

Hi guys

Would some one take a few minutes and further. Expand on where these pull or push pin rivets are hidden at I admit to having never removed anything but the removable side panels

Spyder Garage

I have a few of those pliers also work for taking off the plastic fender wells on trucks. Found these and seem to work a little better, they have a wider base and easier to grab the inside pin. http://www.harborfreight.com/panel-c...ers-67399.html

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbobtar View Post
    I have a few of those pliers also work for taking off the plastic fender wells on trucks. Found these and seem to work a little better, they have a wider base and easier to grab the inside pin. http://www.harborfreight.com/panel-c...ers-67399.html
    Bob, I also saw the ones you quoted, but some of the spyder rivets and slightly recessed and I thought maybe the wider base would not drop down far enough??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    Hi guys

Would some one take a few minutes and further. Expand on where these pull or push pin rivets are hidden at I admit to having never removed anything but the removable side panels
    Bob, they are here and there on the Spyder mostly hidden under the Tupperware. There is one each securing the small black pieces under the frunk lid up towards the headlights on the RT. The right hand black piece has to be removed to access the coolant reservoir, also on the RT, not sure about other models.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ledford View Post
    Hi guys

On the RS there are 6 under the seat. 2 that hold the front cowl and 4 (2 on each side) that hold the rear panels that have the turn signals. The 2 in the rear are a bit of a hassle for big hands, but none of them are really difficult to get to.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

just a little trick... I made my own. old pair of pliers and cut a groove with a hack saw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hot Wheels loves to ROCK!

Spyder Garage

I did the same as farm boy. It cost me nothing. Everybody has a pair of pliers around that no longer quite come together at the tip. These are the ones to use!
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    just a little trick... I made my own. old pair of pliers and cut a groove with a hack saw.
    Love your own made pliers , I try to make one for myself. Thank you for sharing this idea.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post

Great tip, but this won't remove 4 out of the 6 under the seat of a 2008 RS.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."