Spyder Garage

Default HUNTERS OR PIPE SMOKING HUNTERS PLEASE TAKE A QUICK LOOK

Hi All;

I need your help. I would like to make an antler pipe tamping tool. So I need a 3" long piece of antler with a pointy tip and a 3/8" to 1/2" base. Just need 1 and would be glad to reimburse USPS cost. Thank You

Now on another note for The pipe smokers. Every smoker knows about the Peterson System Pipe with the pre-chamber at the smoke hole that revolutionized pipe smoking, by catching the moisture keeping the stem clean and no bitter juices flowing up.

Charles Peterson is my Great Great Uncle on my mothers side. The current history puts Charles as coming from Riga Latvia to Dublin Ireland. This is true but before that he was 'born in Liepija Latvia on a farm. He had a brother also. During those early years he developed his pipe. He then moved to Riga the capital of Latvia. Not enough sales and off to Dublin. He threw in with 2 German brothers and worked out a deal to market his pipe design. In not too long a time he bought out the brothers and the rest is history.

His brother stayed on the farm and my grandmother was born there. She married my Grandfather and had my mom and 2 brothers. This might be boring, but you never know who your related to.

Thank you and I do need my pipe tamper so someone please help me out.

Thanks

Buck1234

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

what did he just ask for was that english..no seriously what are you trying to do?

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    what did he just ask for was that english..no seriously what are you trying to do?
    Simple - Deer horn tamper for a tobacco pipe. And yes I believe it is English.

Buck1234

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Save the deer. Eat a beaver.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by buck1234 View Post
    Simple - Deer horn tamper for a tobacco pipe. And yes I believe it is English.

Buck1234
    oh ok now i understand the hamsters started running faster now upstairs..sorry i can't help you.. have you tried pipe stores?ebay?

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by buck1234 View Post
    Hi All;

I need your help. I would like to make an antler pipe tamping tool. So I need a 3" long piece of antler with a pointy tip and a 3/8" to 1/2" base. Just need 1 and would be glad to reimburse USPS cost. Thank You

Now on another note for The pipe smokers. Every smoker knows about the Peterson System Pipe with the pre-chamber at the smoke hole that revolutionized pipe smoking, by catching the moisture keeping the stem clean and no bitter juices flowing up.

Charles Peterson is my Great Great Uncle on my mothers side. The current history puts Charles as coming from Riga Latvia to Dublin Ireland. This is true but before that he was 'born in Liepija Latvia on a farm. He had a brother also. During those early years he developed his pipe. He then moved to Riga the capital of Latvia. Not enough sales and off to Dublin. He threw in with 2 German brothers and worked out a deal to market his pipe design. In not too long a time he bought out the brothers and the rest is history.

His brother stayed on the farm and my grandmother was born there. She married my Grandfather and had my mom and 2 brothers. This might be boring, but you never know who your related to.

Thank you and I do need my pipe tamper so someone please help me out.

Thanks

Buck1234
    I should have a piece that will work. Let me check and I will let you know. I will PM you and let you know and get details.

James

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jmstiffany View Post
    I should have a piece that will work. Let me check and I will let you know. I will PM you and let you know and get details.

James

He was looking for a piece of antler. Looks like problem solved above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Never..!!

ceases to amaze me what can be done here..there you go ask and you will be answered. Good luck smoked a pipe long time ago but never heard of the peterson pipe...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Had one of the Petersons back aways. I got rid of my extensive pipe collection and have not touched a pipe or cigar in going on three years now. Never was man enough to do cigarettes. Guess what, I found out I had more money left for farkles and 's

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you haven't found that antler tip yet; PM me...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Since he found something, I would have suggested one of the suppliers of knife making supplies.

Spyder Garage

Default antler pipe tamper

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    Since he found something, I would have suggested one of the suppliers of knife making supplies.

Good call.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buck, They'll be in the mail no later than Monday...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Bob to the rescue. Go Bob go. Shot one deer in my life. Thank God my brother was there to help me clean it and drag it to the truck!
    Bill H.