Just picked up my new 2012 RT-Limited today, and I absolutely love it! I brought the installed Garmin Zumo 660 GPS inside to update the software and map with my PC, but can't figure out how to do it.

I have several Garmin Nuvi GPS units and updating them is easy ... I just plug the mini-USB plug into the GPS and the regular USB plug into the computer. The PC immediately recognizes the GPS and I can update the software and/or maps at www.mygarmin.com.

However, I am having a problem doing this with the Zumo 660. When I plug the mini-USB plug into the connector under the battery cover, the unit will not turn on. And, if the GPS is turned on when I plug in the mini-USB plug, it immediately shuts off.

I then tried snapping the automobile mounting cradle onto the back of the GPS and plugging the mini-USB plug into the port on the cradle. However, the GPS then says "The USB cable is connected to the wrong port", and the computer won't recognize it. I've tried three different USB cables, including the short one that came with the Zumo 660, and get the same results with each one.

Has anyone else run into this problem with the Zumo 660 GPS that comes installed on RT-Limited Spyders? If someone has, please tell me how you resolved it.

Thanks.

Don