Thread: Boots?

Spyder Garage

Default Boots?

Looking for pull on boots that I can wear to ride and then get off and go to work in the office. Suggestions, por favor?
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

Default little confused..!!

What will you wear when you pull them off.. Many you could even wear to work..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thass what I'm looking for. Something that I can wear to ride and in the office.
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

I buy my boots at Academy. They are black pull on with flat rubber soles. They only last about 1 riding season (that is all year in Texas), but they only cost about $60. I wear jeans to work, so I don't know how well they would work with a dressier environment.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LLSailor View Post
    Looking for pull on boots that I can wear to ride and then get off and go to work in the office. Suggestions, por favor?
    i bought a pair of the Cruiserworks boots a few years ago. I love them. The plain boot (I think it is called the Tour Boot) is discreet enough to wear anywhere. It is extremely comfortable and waterproof.

The company has changed ownership since I bought mine, but looking at their web site the product looks the same.

Bernie
    --
    RT-S (Blue) with Power Sports Wrap Racing Stripes
    BajaRon's Sway Bar
    Kewl Metal Gizmo Mount
    Rivco Flag Mounts
    NBV Highway Pegs

Spyder Garage

Default Boots?

I wear Doc Martin's pull ups, they aren't specifically motorcycle boots but are sturdily made and have a reinforced ankle with padding. They are really comfortable and work fine with khakis.
    2012 RS Black - Fox Shocks, BRP Touring Windshield, BRP Sport Rack, BRP Backrest, BRP 1"Riser,Kuryakyn Console Inserts, Spyder Pops Missing Air Dam and Heat Shield
    Next Up - Madstad Brackets, Floorboards, Kuryakyn Iso-Grips

Spyder Garage

The Can-Am boots are not to bad an they were on sale at Toledo Honda (site sponcor) they were $58
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LLSailor View Post
    I wear these - http://www.justinoriginalworkboots.c...?424fccf8=4860 Great boots, take and hold a great shine and made right here in Missouri.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I wear Harley Davidson Hustin boots...very comfortable after a quick break in and they look good polished....and I just happen to have a new set of them, size 9.5 if anybody's interested. New cost is $180 and I'll let them go for $80 plus shipping...New, never worn, still in original box...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Take a look at Bates boots. The ones I have are waterproof (GorTex lined). Under $100 and made to be worn all day long. Very popular with LEO's and the military.
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

http://www.magnumboots.com/us/produc...-sz-black.html

I wear these- Canvas siding and almost as Light as a Sneaker. Got away with them in the military several years?

I wear them everywhere except Jet Skiing!
    Last edited by Sarge707; 04-03-2013 at 09:20 AM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got 2 pair of shoes, one for riding and change to another pair at work. Doctor recommend this to give my

feet a brake. I always have a happy feet.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Default Boots?

I've been looking at the Bates boots. They look comfortable. I would like to hear some reviews on the Bates if anyone has them.

Spyder Garage

I wear boots similar to the ones in post #9. I have a pair of black and a pair of dark brown to go along with the "uniform" of the day.

For wet weather riding--I have a pair of Sivi waterproofs.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    Take a look at Bates boots. The ones I have are waterproof (GorTex lined). Under $100 and made to be worn all day long. Very popular with LEO's and the military.
    I agree and have several pairs of Bates boots including the waterproof version and the composite toe 6" with side zipper. I work extended hours in multiple environments (classroom and power plant) so I use multiple shoes from day to day. The quality is high and the price is reasonable with Bates, IMHO. We actually started buying Bates quite a number of years ago when my son was in Military School and then tried them for myself.
    NHL Hockey - Still the greatest game on earth! Let's Go Flyers!
    2012 RT Limited, Lava Bronze / Tan "Scootie", Ultimate seat and other goodies.
    2016 Voltage 3970, Full Paint and all options
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, 6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10 Tow Monster
    The old rig, the ride and the RAM CTD at KOA, Spyderfest 2013 & 2014 (same camp site!)

Spyder Garage

Default Boots?

Quote Originally Posted by denviola View Post
    I agree and have several pairs of Bates boots including the waterproof version and the composite toe 6" with side zipper. I work extended hours in multiple environments (classroom and power plant) so I use multiple shoes from day to day. The quality is high and the price is reasonable with Bates, IMHO. We actually started buying Bates quite a number of years ago when my son was in Military School and then tried them for myself.

Thanks for review.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Boots

Boy did you pick a good subject!

i wear solid black, smooth leather normal heel, round toe western boots. Go to any good western wear store and expect to pay $100 to $129 for them.

The brand I have reads something like "Itasca " or something to that effect. Another good suggestion is a Wellington style boot they polish upwelling have a fairly short top and fit well with dress pant leg sizes.

If your a new comer to slip on boots pay real close attention to the fitting process. New boots will slip and slide on the back of your heels for a day or two then they lock in an quit slipping n sliding.

New boots should feel good on your feet from the very beginning they should not be tight on top of your foot. Your toes should not be cramped .

Socks are very important when wearing boots. My preference is a moderately heavy cushion sole athletic sock. Warm in the winter cool in the summer. Soft on the feet.

Hope that helps you some I have been wearing boots, both western saddle style, dressy,utility and Wellington styled for over 50 years including in the military times.

Spyder Garage

If you are coming to Spyderfest PFI is right behind the Best Western and has a huge amount of boots.
    Ray
    "Instead of arriving in Heaven in a nice well perserved body I'd rather slide in feet first, all beat up, loudly proclaiming thank you Jesus for a great ride!"

Spyder Garage

I will second the Cruiserworks boot. I have the engineer boot style. It is completely waterproof, comfortable to walk in and looks good with jeans. Customer service was great too...my brother since bought the same boot.