Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Got a Bestem T-Box

2013-03-28 18.20.22 (800x600).jpg2013-03-28 18.20.09 (800x600).jpgJust got a T-Box from Bestem and am very please. It is quite large holds 2 fullface helmets. The price was 80. Dollars on Amazon, Compared to paying 200 to 300 for a Givi. Very well made with mounting rack for quick release. I have a Roadkrome backrest I will be mounting it on. Very Please.

Made some modification since first install, The backrest on the case was not comfortable so I re-mounted the RoadKrome backrest and extended the rack from S.C.I. and mounted the case behind the RoadKrome Backrest. All is well in passengerville.

Here is a link to pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=3&ref=nf

Here is a link to the rack on EBay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANAM-CAN-AM...71022024609%26

I will take more pics of the finished product and post shortly.
    Last edited by danlnc; 04-11-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Pictures? Please

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulter19 View Post
    Pictures? Please
    I will post some photos after I mount it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm just interested because I hate having to carry a backpack or something to carry one of my helmets with me if my wife and i or my daughter and I go somewhere on the spyder. As you know you can only get one in the frunk on a RS.

Spyder Garage

Interested in seeing how you mount it to the Roadchrome backrest. I have that too. The "Max" Backrest. Maybe you have the bigger one that's available?? Anyway, looking forward to pictures.
    Marilyn

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What's a tbox?

Spyder Garage

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

How would you mount it if you didn't have the backrest already? this is for anyone with knowledge to answer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ohhhhh

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

How would you mount it if you didn't have the backrest already? this is for anyone with knowledge to answer.
    You have to have a rack of some sort to mount to. I have the roadkrome rack. The only ones that I know of is the BRP and the Roadkrome.

http://www.classiccruiser.com/RoadKr...Spyder/908828/

http://www.classiccruiser.com/RoadKr...ckrest/908713/

Spyder Garage

Looks Nice. Great addition !

I'm Wondering if you could use roadchrome backrest mounting kit and mount the t-Box over the passenger seat instead of off the back of the bike.... ( we are looking to make hard sided dog carrier out of a givi or tbox type box) Hmm... something to consider. The mounting brackets for the roadchrome might be a good option to start with.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    Looks Nice. Great addition !

I'm Wondering if you could use roadchrome backrest mounting kit and mount the t-Box over the passenger seat instead of off the back of the bike.... ( we are looking to make hard sided dog carrier out of a givi or tbox type box) Hmm... something to consider. The mounting brackets for the roadchrome might be a good option to start with.
    You might be able to turn it around and face it forward. The only to be sure would be to try it.

Spyder Garage

Default Can two..!!

I'm just interested because I hate having to carry a backpack or something to carry one of my helmets with me if my wife and i or my daughter and I go somewhere on the spyder. As you know you can only get one in the frunk on a RS.
    We have an RS and get two full face helmets gloves and light jackets in the frunk. Although the tbox looks like a nice addition. We use a rack and travel bags (gene's mods) went traveling...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    We have an RS and get two full face helmets gloves and light jackets in the frunk. Although the tbox looks like a nice addition. We use a rack and travel bags (gene's mods) went traveling...
    I will have to try that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You must have smaller heads. I have an '08 GS and can only fit my Arai full face (L-XL) in my trunk. The gf's Arai full face (M) won't fit along with my helmet.

I have a givi installed behind my BRP backrest. Below the givi is a rack that it attaches to and underneath that are two (unobtrusive) eye bolts the I lock the helmets to, when necessary.

Sorry, didn't mean to get side tracked.

Spyder Garage

Ahhhh, I see you didn't get the Roadchrome backrest but just the bottom mounting bracket! Good idea!!! I got the backrest with the smaller more sporty rack. The backrest is useful. The rack, not so much!!
    Marilyn

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You must have smaller heads. I have an '08 GS and can only fit my Arai full face (L-XL) in my trunk. The gf's Arai full face (M) won't fit along with my helmet.

I have a givi installed behind my BRP backrest. Below the givi is a rack that it attaches to and underneath that are two (unobtrusive) eye bolts the I lock the helmets to, when necessary.

Sorry, didn't mean to get side tracked.

I agree with the smaller heads part. I have an XL shoei FullFace helmet and it and a lightweight jacket is all I can get in the frunk of my '10 RS.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by danlnc View Post
    2013-03-28 18.20.22 (800x600).jpg2013-03-28 18.20.09 (800x600).jpgJust got a T-Box from Bestem and am very please. It is quite large holds 2 fullface helmets. The price was 80. Dollars on Amazon, Compared to paying 200 to 300 for a Givi. Very well made with mounting rack for quick release. I have a Roadkrome backrest I will be mounting it on. Very Please.

Made some modification since first install, The backrest on the case was not comfortable so I re-mounted the RoadKrome backrest and extended the rack from S.C.I. and mounted the case behind the RoadKrome Backrest. All is well in passengerville.

Here is a link to pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=3&ref=nf

Here is a link to the rack on EBay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANAM-CAN-AM...71022024609%26

I will take more pics of the finished product and post shortly.

Spyder Garage

You have to have a rack of some sort to mount to. I have the roadkrome rack. The only ones that I know of is the BRP and the Roadkrome.

http://www.classiccruiser.com/RoadKr...Spyder/908828/

http://www.classiccruiser.com/RoadKr...ckrest/908713/
    What parts do you need to get to hook that up?

I wonder if you could attach some softsided saddlebags to the RoadKrome rack that would normally go over the seat? In a way that way they would not interfere with the passenger.
    Last edited by donec; 04-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    What parts do you need to get to hook that up?

I wonder if you could attach some softsided saddlebags to the RoadKrome rack that would normally go over the seat? In a way that way they would not interfere with the passenger.
    I mounted givi softsided bags on mine, the straps that go over the seat I rapped around the grap rails. Diagonally like you would when you tape a hockey stick or baseball bat.

here is the rack that I used on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANAM-CAN-AM...70792697213%26

Here are the pics

https://www.facebook.com/dan.lambing...05272732%3A38#
    Last edited by danlnc; 04-11-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

I mounted givi softsided bags on mine, the straps that go over the seat I rapped around the grap rails. Diagonally like you would when you tape a hockey stick or baseball bat.

here is the rack that I used on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CANAM-CAN-AM...70792697213%26

Here are the pics

https://www.facebook.com/dan.lambing...05272732%3A38#
    Does that rack come with mounting instructions?
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    Does that rack come with mounting instructions?
    It will only go on one way. Very easy to install, no problems.