Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Sorry... The helmets don't restrict your peripheral vision... Put a helmet on and look straight ahead... you can't see any of the helmet that sits alongside of your sideburns...
    Sorry to disagree Bob, but the full face helmets with face shield do effect your vision & also the very important sense of hearing that lets ya know the cager is comin' around you when ya aren't lookin' in your mirror. The half helmet gives a false sense of safety, but yes it does follow the letter of the law.
    The "look straight ahead" idea will put you in jeopardy. Lookin' straight ahead will not let ya see whats coming, only where your goin'.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You misunderstood what I was trying to say... Put a helmet on and look straight ahead; you can't see the sides of it. Your peripheral vision is not blocked at all... Now; I didn't say to ride around with your eyeballs locked in that position; it's only an exercise to show you that the helmet doesn't impede your vision to the sides...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You misunderstood what I was trying to say... Put a helmet on and look straight ahead; you can't see the sides of it. Your peripheral vision is not blocked at all... Now; I didn't say to ride around with your eyeballs locked in that position; it's only an exercise to show you that the helmet doesn't impede your vision to the sides...
    sorry again Bob, but just 'cause ya say it doesn't make it so. Vision is definatly limited in the helmet. Been there, done that, i even have the t-shirt---lol

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by budro View Post
    How happily the sheep follow the rules. Those rules made by those that have never ridden. I feel that if you want to wear a helmet you should have that RIGHT. If ya choose not to you should also have that RIGHT. The right to call others ignorant is something I have never seen posted on this site. I guess maturity & respect for others is not always a requesite to post here.----Budro
    Sorry Budro but I'm far from a sheep following the rules. I NEVER said you were ignorant because you don't wear a helmet. What I DID say was thinking you are safer without a helmet is ignorant. Sorry if you don't like the word and Lamont can feel free to censure me for it but it's what I believe. Now, with that said, instead of making excuses as to why you choose to ride sans helmet just say you enjoy the ride better and choose to not wear one, I can respect that.
    Last edited by mjw930; 03-29-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

I started this thread as information only. Lets stop

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I started this thread as information only. Lets stop
    Hey, maybe we can start and oil thread next

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
    Hey, maybe we can start and oil thread next

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Statistics proved that most accidents happen within two miles of your home, so i moved away from your home.

Cruzr Joe
    If your Not impaired, Speeding, Driving at night and 2 miles from home your "Good to Go?"

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well this has been fun...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Time to start an octane thread or similar.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Here we go again

Wear a helmet or don't, it's your choice and your life. We don't have a choice up here, so never get worried about it. When I go south I keep mine on. My life, so I choose what's right for me. Your life so you choose what's right for you. All things being equal in a crash, chance of survival with helmet are better. They are not called donor cycles for nothing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Am Poogs View Post
    Wear a helmet or don't, it's your choice and your life. We don't have a choice up here, so never get worried about it. When I go south I keep mine on. My life, so I choose what's right for me. Your life so you choose what's right for you. All things being equal in a crash, chance of survival with helmet are better. They are not called donor cycles for nothing.
    well said