Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Custom Dynamics VS. TricLED

I'm looking to add a sweet glow to my Spyder. The two companies in question both offer glow kits. Custom Dynamics offers the Stingerz ST5 LED accent light kit for 449.95 plus an xtra 79.95 for the Black Magic 2 remote. TricLED has a Halo kit w/ multi-function remote for 179.95. I looked at both of these kits in pics on each companies web sites and its hard to tell what makes such a difference in price. Does the Custom Dynamic kit just offer more lights throughout the bike, while the TricLED is mainly underglow? Has anyone seen both of these kits operate in person? And if so, which would you prefer? I don't mind having to pay the xtra money, I just want to make sure it'd be worth it.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JasonAM View Post
    I'm looking to add a sweet glow to my Spyder. The two companies in question both offer glow kits. Custom Dynamics offers the Stingerz ST5 LED accent light kit for 449.95 plus an xtra 79.95 for the Black Magic 2 remote. TricLED has a Halo kit w/ multi-function remote for 179.95. I looked at both of these kits in pics on each companies web sites and its hard to tell what makes such a difference in price. Does the Custom Dynamic kit just offer more lights throughout the bike, while the TricLED is mainly underglow? Has anyone seen both of these kits operate in person? And if so, which would you prefer? I don't mind having to pay the xtra money, I just want to make sure it'd be worth it.
    Both companies have good reputations for both their products and their support. From what I've seen though, CustomDynamics seem to want to nickel and dime you for every extra bit. I have purchased from both vendors, but to be honest, I prefer doing business with Reggy @ TricLED. I don't think I have ever dealt with any company with as awesome customer service as he provides. You have a problem, any problem, he'll get it taken care of. Something fail, he'll replace it no questions asked.

If you want multi-color halos, I think TricLED can hook you up with that too. Though lets be honest, generally you find the one color you like and stick with it.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

I did my STLimited with halo effect with superbrightbkit from Joe Florida for $129. He has lifetime guarantee and kit included two remotes. Also added the new multi color gloryders to complete the effect.

Spyder Garage

I have TricLED underglow and its awesome ! Pretty easy install and as stated Reggy is a great guy to deal with,great cuetomer service.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

I have all my lighting plus other stuff from Tricled.I found Reggy great to deal with.The best customer service I have ever had.

ivor

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

TricLED
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Reggy and TricLED; but either choice is a good one!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is a no brainer, TricLed all the way no better person/company to deal with Reggy is the man.

Spyder Garage

I think the mono Tricled kit has been superceded by their RGB multi-color Halo II kit.

I prototyped this kit on my RT Ltd for Reggy and you can see pics of some of the lites and components here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/a...p?albumid=2322

....best to Call Reggy at TRICLED for full info on what is available now...

DSCN1023.jpgDSCN1362.jpg
    Halo.hubs.jpgHalo-rear.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cjackg; 03-27-2013 at 08:18 PM.

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have nothing bad to say about CD, but I have almost everything that Reggy@TricLED makes. The RGB HALO under lighting kit comes with the smallest receiver I have ever seen and has more functions than any other remote on the market. The basic RGB HALO comes with three LED strips. I have 12 strips under mine. The HALO comes with a plug and play harness with several connectors for adding more lights. I've been working on a thread on 'How to Install Almost Everything From TricLED'

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...g-From-TricLED

I've been wanting to shoot some video of the finished product. It took me three weeks to finish this last round of mods and now we've been battling over a foot of snow. At the first opportunity I plan on doing that and posting.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kevorama View Post
    I have nothing bad to say about CD, but I have almost everything that Reggy@TricLED makes. The RGB HALO under lighting kit comes with the smallest receiver I have ever seen and has more functions than any other remote on the market. The basic RGB HALO comes with three LED strips. I have 12 strips under mine. The HALO comes with a plug and play harness with several connectors for adding more lights. I've been working on a thread on 'How to Install Almost Everything From TricLED'

I've been wanting to shoot some video of the finished product. It took me three weeks to finish this last round of mods and now we've been battling over a foot of snow. At the first opportunity I plan on doing that and posting.
    do the photos with the snow on the ground. look would be spectacular!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Halo II components....

Quote Originally Posted by kevorama View Post
    The RGB HALO under lighting kit comes with the smallest receiver I have ever seen and has more functions than any other remote on the market...
    The HALO comes with a plug and play harness with several connectors for adding more lights...
    Here's some pics of the components... The controller is a recent find by Reggy after we found in prototyping the original RGB remote/controller had some mysterious behavior in cold weather...lol ... but the new one is a real jewel!

New-Halo-Ctrl.jpgHalo-harness.jpgHub1.jpgLED-eyes.jpg
    DSCN1001.jpg

Spyder Garage

Both vendors have great service and I really like them both. Their products are slightly different and their products are excellent. I have dealt with and ridden with Reggy and I can say he is a really good guy.

I will definitely do business with both vendors in the future.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

The customer service that reggy gave me at TricLED was amazing. I have never ordered from custom dynamics but I've heard they are good people as well. I love TricLED though!!
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

almost all of my lights are from CD. I have had no problem with them. I will have to talk to reggie though about his TRICFenders, the plastic has faded to yellow. but other than that, I have had no problems with either company. CD even let me return parts that happened to be me ordering the wrong ones.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Tricled!!!!!
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I dont believe the two offerings are identical so look carefully and talk with them to make sure you are getting what you want.

Both apparently great. Never bought from TRICLED but not because of not trying - just never had on hand what I wanted when I wanted it (part of being successful is good demand )

Did buy from Custom Dynamics - fast shipping and when I came up with an issue they were replaced immediately and at no cost to me.

So, I have to go by reputation on this board Reggy and would not hesitate to buy from him but by personal experience I can vouch for Custom Dynamics.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

Both vendors are great. Reggy gets the edge though.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    almost all of my lights are from CD. I have had no problem with them. I will have to talk to reggie though about his TRICFenders, the plastic has faded to yellow. but other than that, I have had no problems with either company. CD even let me return parts that happened to be me ordering the wrong ones.
    My bet is reggy will replace them no questions asked.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Default Custom dynamics VS. TricLed

I have dealt with Reggy for years, no one will beat his service, good instructions, quality of product, always searching for something better, has the most up to date electronics, and to top it off, he is a really great guy. The total package, why search elsewhere?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like a clear choice! I'm sure I'll be happy going with the TricLED halo kit. So what is this Halo 2 kit I seen someone mention? Is it just multicolored?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JasonAM View Post
    Sounds like a clear choice! I'm sure I'll be happy going with the TricLED halo kit. So what is this Halo 2 kit I seen someone mention? Is it just multicolored?
    It is RGB multi-colors plus a lot of other improved features.... Advanced remote controller, modular plug-n-play hookup connectors, designed for easy expansion, etc. Probably cost more than the old Halo but easily worth it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    I put a UV protectant on all of my LED's. Available at all auto parts stores.
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

Reggie, all the way. No better customer service (other than PitBull)

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Originally Posted by JasonAM

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    It is RGB multi-colors plus a lot of other improved features.... Advanced remote controller, modular plug-n-play hookup connectors, designed for easy expansion, etc. Probably cost more than the old Halo but easily worth it!

Jason, I pulled my bike out in the snow last night and shot a video of all of my lighting to date. It also shows a fairly decent bit on the HALO capabilities.

I hope that this helps.
    Last edited by kevorama; 03-28-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    James Dean