Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Like Pro10is said....

I didn't even have to reinstall version 9, just restart the computer.
    Scotty, Can you walk a true "Computer-Dummy" through the process to get back to 9? What happens during this restart that allows the reversion back?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Scotty, Can you walk a true "Computer-Dummy" through the process to get back to 9? What happens during this restart that allows the reversion back?
    Nothing, with the update removed, IE 9 is free to run again. It apparently is not removed during the update.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did not see IE9 anyplace... I finally found where "10" was hiding (the updates area... and I pushed the self-dstruct botton for it... And my computer still works!! I tried that torn page thing up by the address bar first; that was a major bust!
    So I've got colors and paragraphs back!
    Thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by granpa in Cincy View Post
    Here's another solution found on the 1800 board

I had this same issue with new paragraphs, in Windows 8, IE 10, and I figured out a settings change and it cleared right up.

On the top bar where the web site info shows up, there is a spyglass, a down arrow, a blue thing, and a refresh spinner

Click on the blue thing and make it say compatibility view, that cleared my issue right up.
    :< Didn't work for me.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what I found

The problem is with "CKEditor", which is the default editor in our version of vBulletin. vBulletin 4.2.0 currently doesn't include an up to date version of CKEditor which fixes this problem.

This is the description of the problem:

"Pressing the enter key when typing a reply does not insert a new line when using IE10 and the vbulletin WYSIWYG post editor"

The problem was brought up again recently on vbulletin.com and has been brought up many times previously. vBulletin.com is the official support site for the vbulletin forum software. One of the vBulletin developers replied stating awareness of the problem, and a workaround by changing the reply editor in vbulletin:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...highlight=ie10

Originally Posted by Zachery
    Click on the a/A button, and use the standard editor. It is a problem with our editor: CKEditor.

There was a bug opened for this with vBulletin in October last year. It contains further details of investigating and identifying the problem.

In summary:
    - This is not an IE 10 error
    - This is a problem with older versions of the CKEditor (the default vBulletin 4 post editor)
    - It can be fixed when vBulletin releases a version of vBulletin 4 that updates the CKEditor version

The problem is listed here in the vbulletin bug tracker, but it can only be viewed by logged in members:
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13267

Spyder Garage

Default Solution

vBulletin 4.2.1 is NOW AVAILABLE for download. The feedback thread for the 4.2 release is HERE for our licensed customers.

vBulletin 4.2.1 is a maintenance release focused on user requested improvements to the Activity Stream and Navigation Manager functionality introduced in vBulletin 4.2, high impact bug fixes to user voted Jiras, and MAPI bug fixes/improvements necessary for Mobile Suite 1.4.

The release contains:
    • IE 10 Compatibility - VBIV-15679 (Instructs IE10 to render vB4 pages using IE9 compatibility mode.)
    • Activity Stream: Forum Sidebar - VBIV-15099
    • Activity Stream: CMS Widget - VBIV-15353
    • Navigation Manager: Add option for tab to be a drop down menu - VBIV-15023
    • Activity Stream: Dynamic population of new content - VBIV-15095
    • Allow a target to be set in the Navigation manager URL - VBIV-14981
    • Change maximum allowed activity stream Items Per Page to 150 (from 30) - VBIV-15089
    • 20 issues were fixed in preparation for Mobile Suite 1.4, which will be released soon and supports iOS6.
    • 120 bug fixes selected based on user impact/votes.

vBulletin 4.2.1 contains a total of 143 bug fixes, improvement requests, and feature requests. A full list of these changes can be found - HERE.

Spyder Garage

Updated to the latest version of IE 10 a couple of days ago. It took me a while to make the connection, but afterwards I was unable to utilize the <Enter> key in posts or PMs to create a new paragraph. I reverted to IE 9 and everything is OK. Don't update to 10, it has a fatal flaw. The automatic spell check is nice, but paragraphs are nicer. If you use IE, stick with IE 9 for now.
    Run it in compatibility mode and it works ...sorta. the first task bar button is wonky. I will say IE10 speed just screams compared to any other browser. It make IE9 look like win 3.0. Most pages load in less than 2 sec.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Same experience I had after I updated my browser. This topic was covered by another forum member in a different thread. Courtesy of him..........................once your IE browser is up; push the F12 key to bring up a bunch of browser options (they appear at the bottom of my window), click on the "Browser Mode" tab and select one of the older browser options. I run IE 10; and use that technique to implement an older IE for any compatibility issues I run into.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ya well...

Thanks, I probably have my own....even some 5 1/4" floppies for the Commodore 64.
    How 'bout the Vic 20!
    Living in the sticks, using dailup and paying like 25-30 dollars an hour to be on Compuserve!
    memories........

Bill