Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Scotty, I've tried that and I even took a suggestion from Lamont a couple of years ago and tried a pencil eraser. Additionally, I bought a new battery thinking that might be the cause. I did all the updates by Garmin.

Mind you it works. It's just that after awhile I start hearing static, and then the voice and sound disappears. When that happens, it will not turn off when I shut down the power supply, i.e., pulling the plug from the outlet.

I'll figure it out sooner or later......The "shimming" has helped a lot.

Chris
    Not shutting down when you pull the plug indicates that the problem lies in the Garmin itself, not the cradle, IMO. If it is a crack in the circuit board, a loose connection, or a bad component, the shimming may put a little pressure on it, making better contact indirectly. Sounds like time for a repair.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default CLEANER'S Locking GPS Mounts for Garmin 660

Scotty, The only cleaner that I will let touch my Harley or Spyder is called (( Purple Slice )) I use it on Plastic chrome paint. And my helmet face shield, Plus I have made my own Lock for the Garmin 660 mount. I went to a real good hardware store with a wide selection of small screws with unusual heads. By that I mean a rounded head with special tool to remove it, something your not going to have in your tool kit or pocket. I drilled and threaded the hole and put the screw in! Now you can push the side button all you want, and the GPS is staying put! Now if a guy really wants to steal it, they can try. But they better hope I don't hear my phone pager go off from the alarm, and he runs faster then a .40cal Glock that's always on my hip.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm still old school with my Garmin 550 ($350 new) and aftermarket mount ($49) works great and I get XM radio with the extra ant ($99) added. All added up to around $500.