Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Can someone please tell me why they have such a complicated alignment procedure. Why can they not do a 2 wheel alignment like they used to do on rear wheel drive cars? Does the single back wheel really make that much of a difference? My cousin is a front end mechanic and he has wondered this as well. We are going to remove the frunk and put my wife's Spyder on his alignment machine when we can get out on it (still a lot of snow and cold here) to see what the specs are with the current setup. I would think that an electronic alignment would be far superior to the method they use. correct me if I am in outer space on this.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The new suspension is just a bit... different!
    It'll take the dealers a little while to figure out that they're, "Not in Kansas anymore." But they'll get the hnag of it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default If it was your health!!

Quote Originally Posted by rabtech View Post
    I have. And my next question is.... How do I get my bike sent to another dealer with all that has happened. Do I tell BRP that I want to pick it up and carry it to another dealer.. Or am i completely in it till the end with Big Number 1.
    Would you not seek a second opinion if your doc was recommending a lobotomy procedure for an ankle problem???? I would hope so. This is still the land of the free and the brave...your Spyder...they cannot hold it "hostage". So you are free to make the choice to be "brave" and seek the second opinion. Do what works for you and your situation?
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Would you not seek a second opinion if your doc was recommending a lobotomy procedure for an ankle problem???? I would hope so. This is still the land of the free and the brave...your Spyder...they cannot hold it "hostage". So you are free to make the choice to be "brave" and seek the second opinion. Do what works for you and your situation?

You go girl!!

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

spydee owner

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Yes!! We should live in a vanilla world.

You can live in a vanilla world. My point was that people do not need to air lawsuit threats and the threat of negative publicity ads because they are not happy about something they purchased.
    Use the site to give/get assistance from others and to be sociable to others, not to be going off half cocked in a rant.

As has been seen on this forum before, these rants usually have very poor results in getting the manufacturer,dealer, and purchaser of the product to a common place where everyone involved has a satisfactory outcome, regarding the purchase.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So if somebody steps over the line a bit; just gently guide them back to where the acceptable behavior lies...

Spyder Garage

Cool

"My point was that people do not need to air lawsuit threats and the threat of negative publicity ads because they are not happy about something they purchased.

On this point we agree. But, it's a FREE world. And obviously he made a choice in his approach that he was comfortable with. Others are FREE to judge whether they agree with it or not but, ultimately, it is his choice to tell it like HE feels it.

"Use the site to give/get assistance from others and to be sociable to others, not to be going off half cocked in a rant."

Here we disagree. I think he is FULLY cocked.
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 03-20-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    If I was the dealer I would put him on another unit and if it wasn't an issue I would send him on his way and figure out what's going on with this one.

Lamont , this is where i am headed today. I am going by the dealer. However , we all know that the easy way cant always be seen. I will let you know what transpires this evening.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydee owner View Post
    You can live in a vanilla world. My point was that people do not need to air lawsuit threats and the threat of negative publicity ads because they are not happy about something they purchased.
    Use the site to give/get assistance from others and to be sociable to others, not to be going off half cocked in a rant.

As has been seen on this forum before, these rants usually have very poor results in getting the manufacturer,dealer, and purchaser of the product to a common place where everyone involved has a satisfactory outcome, regarding the purchase.
    You do know that I have been without a bike close to a month....

You do know that for the first two weeks I didnt say anything terrible..

You do know that I have been completely left in the dark by BRP before I said anything negative about BRP online.

You do know that BRP has NEVER called me. Never given me not even one ounce of info.

Yea, i am a bit ill...

However , i want to aploogize to anyone on this board who i may have made upset with the verbage in my post.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Being in the UK and somewhat removed from Rab's problem I am most surprised that
    any prospective Can-Am dealer isn't subjected to a test of competence before being awarded a franchise.
    Also if a dealer is found to be incompetent and thus damaging BRP's market image then can they
    not be excluded from the dealer network? It would seem that there are a few 'black sheep' out there!
    If a dealer only has one Spyder tech and he leaves the employ of the dealer, is the dealer obliged to have
    to have another of his staff trained at BRP central? One would hope so!

spydee owner

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Being in the UK and somewhat removed from Rab's problem I am most surprised that
    any prospective Can-Am dealer isn't subjected to a test of competence before being awarded a franchise.
    Also if a dealer is found to be incompetent and thus damaging BRP's market image then can they
    not be excluded from the dealer network? It would seem that there are a few 'black sheep' out there!
    If a dealer only has one Spyder tech and he leaves the employ of the dealer, is the dealer obliged to have
    There is no doubt that BRP needs to really get some of their dealers up to speed, but in the words of the late great comedian George Carlin "somewhere in the world is the worlds worst doctor, and someone has an appointment to see him."
    This seems to be true for almost every occupation on the planet.
    The problem that Rab has could be easily defused by a call from someone at BRP, I mean really, the guy layed out $32,000 for this unit, and has waited a month for the bike to be ready. If they get the situation rectified, would it hurt BRP to give him something for the inconvenience? And if they can prove the bike is faulty out of the gate, replace it and use his original as a test mule for engines or something.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default no difference

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post

hey Man, how's life across the Channel ?

States or UK or wherever, no difference from BRP point of view
    i had my bike sitting 3 months in dealership in UK and job was for a day or day an a half if you stretch it, they just don't know!
    and Lord all mighty what excuses i heard over that time
    Problem is in BRP in a way that they let it happen, they should have a policy/guarantee that no longer than two weeks may your Spyder be at dealership for repairs under warranty or for cash! , - end of story! - everybody can live with that but if you spend so much money, bike sits in dealership for a month and nobody even talks to you, that would drive frustration out off your pot like there was no tomorrow,
    been there, done that,
    Love my Spyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

However , i want to aploogize to anyone on this board who i may have made upset with the verbage in my post.
    Don't worry Bro... Frustration can make any of us say or do things that we wouldn't under normal circumstances...
    It's all good!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey, being female I am a little offended with your front grapfic but do I say anything? Its a free world and I think the guy is getting aid and assistance by posting here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Hey, being female I am a little offended with your front grapfic but do I say anything? Its a free world and I think the guy is getting aid and assistance by posting here.
    +1

You don't have to be female to think it's out of place, not just the content but the size as well.

spydee owner

Yes the guy is getting aid and assistance by posting here. But you missed the point about the lawsuit threats that don't really need to be here to get aid and assistance.
    Cannot help if you are prudish about the artwork. The girl in the mural is covered by more clothing than one sees on tv,many movies, or what is seen on many public beachs.
    If you are really concerned with it, talk to Lamont. If he wants me to remove it, I will remove it no problem.
    Also, if you chose to read one of my other posts I am on Rabs side in this and feel BRP could do more to correct his issues in a more timely fashion. But you, however, choose to see what you want to see, and only read some of the posts.
    Next time before you comment, read the entire post.

Spyder Garage

Default Long Winter

It's been a long winter as seen by the way attitudes are being expressed !!!!
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes the guy is getting aid and assistance by posting here. But you missed the point about the lawsuit threats that don't really need to be here to get aid and assistance.
    Cannot help if you are prudish about the artwork. The girl in the mural is covered by more clothing than one sees on tv,many movies, or what is seen on many public beachs.
    If you are really concerned with it, talk to Lamont. If he wants me to remove it, I will remove it no problem.
    Also, if you chose to read one of my other posts I am on Rabs side in this and feel BRP could do more to correct his issues in a more timely fashion. But you, however, choose to see what you want to see, and only read some of the posts.
    Next time before you comment, read the entire post.
    hahaha you missed the point entirely, thick brained Neanderthal, hahahaa

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont , this is where i am headed today. I am going by the dealer. However , we all know that the easy way cant always be seen. I will let you know what transpires this evening.

Thanks
    Good Luck!

spydee owner

hahaha you missed the point entirely, thick brained Neanderthal, hahahaa
    So your last resort is name calling when you realize you do not have the ability to debate a topic?

Real classy. I guess when you have limited social and personal skill you revert to what you do best!!

This post has run its course for me. I'm outta here.

Spyder Garage

I have some hope now. I have some info from BRP that may help.

I didn't go by the dealer because the Tech working on my bike is off on Wednesdays and the Operations Manager at Big Number one is off today. I guess its a Wednesday thing...

Anyway , I will be in touch with the dealer tomorrow morning and see what transpires early tomorrow. Maybe it will be taken care of tomorrow.....

Spyder Garage

Rab... I brought up my concerns on my new purchase and found some interesting details...

Firstly the dealer tech said they are not paid anything as part of the setup to do an alignment at any costs, units are shipped complete from factory with just the wheels off.
    I asked if they could check the alignment anyway and I would pay, and mentioned as others have expressed being told special tools were needed for checking the 2013 models
    My tech said he hadn't heard anything about new tools and called BRP while I stood there and was told nothing new was needed just the standard way of removing tires and attaching measuring stick to struts and wheels and measuring distances across.
    I asked him if any other way of checking this and he said it could be sent out for an electronic alignment at a cost of $250 BUT he said for me to wait to see if there was ant issue with this one, none of the other 2013 had any problems.
    As I will be driving the Spyder for the first time with no bike experience including a test drive obviously I was hesitant to not have the thing checked out completely BUT I have the confidence that my dealer is making sure not releasing anything dangerous... I have bought 2 seadoos and 3 snowmobiles off him in the last year so I am lucky I trust them. Also from a few other posts I have done and the responses I've received about this issue I am way more relaxed about the whole ordeal.

The best thing I did while waiting for the ball joints and yes the snow to stop was purchase an alarm system that tracks the Spyder and now can track them move it in and out of the shop everyday while I add all sorts of add-ons, awaiting the day I get my first ride which could be Friday unless it keeps snowing this week AGAIN, it's been a month too

Are you positive that BRP is even aware of your problems and not being told they are from the dealer?

Keep on them till it's right for you...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have some hope now. I have some info from BRP that may help.
    Hopefully they will get this sorted soon, and you can find another dealer for future service. I agree with the post above that said it could hurt you to change at this point. I think a lot of the problem here is the dealer, but what happens if you take it to another dealer and find out dealer #1 jacked up something that you will now have to pay to fix.

Having said that, it's time to stop being nice with them.

If you want to PM me I can tell you the dealer I use and am happy with. It might be a haul for you depending on where you are, it's a haul for me, but my alternative was where you ended up. I would have just done without a Spyder before I would deal with them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjetsrick View Post
    Firstly the dealer tech said they are not paid anything as part of the setup to do an alignment at any costs, units are shipped complete from factory with just the wheels off.
    The dealer rab used typically charges a very hefty setup fee, along with several other hefty fees.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoford View Post
    +1

You don't have to be female to think it's out of place, not just the content but the size as well.
    Being a Family friendly site (grand children like to look at the Spyder stuff) any post I see that is Offensive to me, goes on the ignore list. This is every users choise. Just takes a click or two.
    Happy Spyderlovers