Thread: Park and Ride

Spyder Garage

Default Park and Ride

Has anyone ever left there spyder at a park and ryde? Ihave thought about it but it makes me nervous, paying for parking (Seattle)make the ryde to work cost prohibitive.

Any thoughts?

God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one..!!

Have to check the area stolen vehicle reports etc. In the end what we say will not make you comfortable. It's your baby you are leaving and though insured, I hope for replacement cost, you are adjusted to it breaking in a new one is a hassle. There are some lots around here I would have no problem with but thats here and thats me..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The curiosity factor would make it unrealistic in my area. Too many people want to sit, ride, and play with buttons when I am standing

right beside it. Cannot imagine the hands that would touch it if I was not visible. I cringe to think what would happen if someone hit the seat with a protruding shoe buckle as they mounted or dismounted the bike. I am just speaking for my area!

Spyder Garage

I know when I use my spyder for business I always put the travel cover on it. I have not seen it messed with as of yet.

Spyder Garage

Put the travel cover on it if you're going to park it that long. Does two things. Keeps people off it and protects it from the elements. It's your call to do the park and ride, we can only offer our thoughts on the matter.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Burglars and thieves look for a consistent pattern. You would be setting yourself up for a quick theft.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Park & Ride areas are probably hot spots for potential thieves, particularly in a high density area like Seattle. I would be a little afraid to leave a there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Gads - fwiw - the park n ride's here in SE Wisconsin are just a know place to have your car broken in to - would not leave my spyder there for anything.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips