Spyder Garage

Default Adjust brake pedal height?

After reading a ton of post's here, I went out and bought a 2012 new RT. Picked it up Wednesday, and managed to put some miles on it.
    The question is, I would like to be able to have more space between the brake pedal and the bottom of my shoe. With my foot on the peg it seems to close to the pedal, so I have to canter my foot to the outside so as not to be touching the pad. I did a search and found a fix that raised the pad, but nothing to lower it.
    Anyone else have this issue.

By the way I love this sight and all the info that can gleaned, a dedicated guy like Lamont, and Spyder Lovers that want to help!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you take a look up under the RT's belly, you should see where there's a rod that connects between the pedal, and the plumbing to the rear...
    If I remember correctly (), I think that you can make some adjustments to the length of that rod; I think...
    (It's been a while since I crawled up under there!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thank's

Thank you ,
    That sounds very logical. Will check.

Spyder Garage

I don't believe you can adjust the pedal height, it has to come up against the rubber stopper. The adjustments are for the breaks them selves from what I could determine when I had mine apart. I actually bought a wider break pedal so I could hit the brake more quickly as I had on occasion missed the small brake pedal and had near collisions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I don't believe you can adjust the pedal height, it has to come up against the rubber stopper. The adjustments are for the breaks them selves from what I could determine when I had mine apart. I actually bought a wider break pedal so I could hit the brake more quickly as I had on occasion missed the small brake pedal and had near collisions.

Reggie at TricLed sells a brake pedal that is twice as wide as the original. Works great!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did replaced my small pad to a larger one too. I work very well.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

I also have the extended brake pedals on both my Spyders. You can get a brake pedal riser block from Sealfloorboards. This gives a whole better set-up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by steve0530 View Post
    After reading a ton of post's here, I went out and bought a 2012 new RT. Picked it up Wednesday, and managed to put some miles on it.
    The question is, I would like to be able to have more space between the brake pedal and the bottom of my shoe. With my foot on the peg it seems to close to the pedal, so I have to canter my foot to the outside so as not to be touching the pad. I did a search and found a fix that raised the pad, but nothing to lower it.
    Anyone else have this issue.

By the way I love this sight and all the info that can gleaned, a dedicated guy like Lamont, and Spyder Lovers that want to help!
    Same here(size 14's) and it's next to impossible to get your toes under the brake pedal. Even with the pad elevated the bends of the metal still won't let you get a foot comfortably under the pedal. The best choice appears to be cutting the pedal arm, lengthening it by around a 1/2" and welding it back together. Then re chroming! PITA and costly if one no longer has the shop equipment to do the mod.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.