Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Any XM Radio deals?

I had to cancel my XM Subscription today because I'm not willing to pay $166.94 a year to listen to 2 channels. That's all I listen to. Channels 51 & 52.

The lady offer a half price deal that was over half. How she got that $91.6 is half of the above amount above is beyond me? There was another offer for around $25 for five months. That works to about $5 a month but I wouldn't know if I would be getting the same deal after five months.

The real kicker was, that they automatically had charged me on a VISA that had expired last month. How does that happen? Would that be considered fraud of some sort?
    She wanted me to update my card so they could reverse the charges. Not happening. They're sending a check.

So, if anyone knows of any real deals on a yearly subscription for XM Radio, let me know?
    There are NO broadcast stations in the Atlanta area that play Techno type music.

We can't even get those DJs to come here to do their thing in concerts. We are not an international city, as some would like to think?

Spyder Garage

Those are the same ones that I listen to. I plan on getting XM installed during Spyderfest. I have XM in all of my other vehicles so I get a price break.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i have xm in my bike car and internet i also just bought a in line amp for the xm hooked it up yesterday and man what a difference it made more volume plus extra bass made those polk audio speakers i just put in singg.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NCSpyderRT View Post
    Those are the same ones that I listen to. I plan on getting XM installed during Spyderfest. I have XM in all of my other vehicles so I get a price break.
    why are you waiting till then? just hook it in the trunk turn aux and your good to go.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    why are you waiting till then? just hook it in the trunk turn aux and your good to go.
    Plan on getting the BRP one installed at Pitbull.

Spyder Garage

They listed my XM radio as in my truck. I also listened to it on my Spyder. It's a Dephi Roady radio. I made a holder for the trunk and had the power plug transmit the music on 88.1 FM. Then I would tune the radio to that frequency.
    i moved the receiver around to other places also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    They listed my XM radio as in my truck. I also listened to it on my Spyder. It's a Dephi Roady radio. I made a holder for the trunk and had the power plug transmit the music on 88.1 FM. Then I would tune the radio to that frequency.
    i moved the receiver around to other places also.
    i tried both ways of listening and found that the aux port was louder then the f.m. mod..and now with the in-line amp hooked to it it's even louder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NCSpyderRT View Post
    Plan on getting the BRP one installed at Pitbull.
    oh ok..

Spyder Garage

Default no xm for me

In the process of canceling my xm too much for too little, I prefer my iPod nano and the radio built in is fine for weather updates or emergency news LOl, why do they advertise advertisement free radio don't they know they just advertised He He! and if I want a DJ talking I can turn on my radio for free just my two cents worth
    Ram mount on both upper air deflectors custom ram mount for ATC9k action cam
    Chrome Dear Whistles
    Dual Color MagicFLEX® Channelz finder lights
    TIPZ units
    CAN AM SPYDER RT RADIATOR UPPER BLOCK OFF PLATE
    CAN AM SPYDER RT RADIATOR LOWER BLOCK OFF PLATE
    CATALYTIC CONVERTER SHIELD
    TITANIUM EXHAUST WRAP
    JT's AIR FILTER KIT

Registered Users Peoriafirefighter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Cavman;586068]I had to cancel my XM Subscription today because I'm not willing to pay $166.94 a year to listen to 2 channels. That's all I listen to. Channels 51 & 52.

The lady offer a half price deal that was over half. How she got that $91.6 is half of the above amount above is beyond me? There was another offer for around $25 for five months. That works to about $5 a month but I wouldn't know if I would be getting the same deal after five months.

The real kicker was, that they automatically had charged me on a VISA that had expired last month. How does that happen? Would that be considered fraud of some sort?
    She wanted me to update my card so they could reverse the charges. Not happening. They're sending a check.

So, if anyone knows of any real deals on a yearly subscription for XM Radio, let me know?
    There are NO broadcast stations in the Atlanta area that play Techno type music.

We can't even get those DJs to come here to do their thing in concerts. We are not an international city, as some would like to think?

Just go with the 5 month deal and then call and cancel at the end of 5 months. They will call u soon after to offer u the same deal again for 5 months. I've done it twice now.

Spyder Garage

You can download Pandora (free ap). You can pick the kind og music you want. I then plug my iPhone in and can play it thru on my bike or in car. If you want commercial free it is very inexoensive

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

You can download Pandora (free ap). You can pick the kind og music you want. I then plug my iPhone in and can play it thru on my bike or in car. If you want commercial free it is very inexpensive

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP XM radio and I pay $7.44 a month
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Aux How?

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    I've been running mine through FM like Cavman. How do you do the aux?

Put something exciting between your legs--ride a Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Pandora works great. And it's free!
    Bill H.

Spyder Garage

I think we are going to go the portable route on this. I like the idea that it can be moved from Spyder to another spot. Thanks for the good info on this. Now I have to find a good radio that is portable.

Spyder Garage

Default Worst outfit on the planet

Stay away from XM. You would can do better dealing with the Mob. It will take you 6 months to a year to get your deposit back. They don't understand the word cancel. There are too many free options available.
    Don't just dream the dream! Live the dream! Sent from my coconut using tap-a-nut. Spyderlovers Southern-Most Member.

Spyder Garage

Default Is that eating data?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    You can download Pandora (free ap). You can pick the kind og music you want. I then plug my iPhone in and can play it thru on my bike or in car. If you want commercial free it is very inexpensive
    I wish I still had unlimited data plan. Are there any ways around that?
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

Spyder Garage

pda.net

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bertmc View Post
    I've been running mine through FM like Cavman. How do you do the aux?
    just plug into the cable that came with the bike in the rear trunk go to aux on the cluster and there you go.i bought a in-line amp alsoand seems to really help raises the volume more plus gives you more bass/treble..

Spyder Garage

I have Pandora on my iPad. You put in an artist. It plays ONE song for that artist, then it plays a song from another artist that is similar and on and on and on......
    Plus, I would have to purchase another smart phone that works with my phone service that will get Pandora. I'm not throwing my $200 POS semi-smart phone away.

Stevedfive, that a bit below what they offer for a year, $91.06.

What I will miss is the live shows from the best artist like Armin van Buuren's A state of Sundays, A State of Trance, etc. Pandora has nothing per say, to compare.

Spyder Garage

NCSpyderRT
    If you have iTunes, go to Radio and under Electronica look for 'DanceRadio.ca Radio ONE.
    They have some of the same stuff as the XM. Also, ElectroMarineFM is like BPM.

BTW, since I cancelled my service, someone forgot to 'flip the switch' on my account? Been listening for over a week now. The Ultra Music Fest has been great!

I did get an offer from XM today for $4.17 a month for six months. Not too bad. I'd like to get that deal for a year which would be about $50.
    Last edited by Cavman; 03-19-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Caveman. That is actually what I listen to when I am in my office. Don't want to pay the $12 to listen to XM online. I am trying the XM Snap route for the Spyder. If it works our well ill use the same radio on my Jet Boat.

Spyder Garage

Default Toolbox Stereo

I took one of those black plastic tool boxes from Lowes and made it into a radio for use on a boat. Marine speakers on the ends. I re-did it by installing a marine radio in the front. There is a cooling fan that helps keep the temps down.
    My Roady XM Radio is in a ziplock bag and plugged into power like on the Spyder. I tune the radio and get the XM through the Toolbox Stereo.

Go online and do a web search for "Bubba Test" and watch the video. That's what I have. I've met the guy at the end of the video that says, "OK".

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Only problem with Pandora and the likes are you have to have continuous internet connection (and unlimited internet plans helps) whereas the XM comes in anywhere you have satellite visibility of the sky. I too listen to BPM51, 52 or The Highway 59 most of the time. Great stations!
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips