Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

will this type of exhaust work on my rts2011?? and will it require anything extra to be added??i checked that website didn't see this exhaust only a tail gunner exhaust where can i find it??

thanks for any info

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't believer that a system designed for the Rs/GS models will work on the RTs...
    But for the 2013 models; that may change...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

arntufun

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    OH NO HE DIT UNT !

I'm not sure how you got your post to quote a post that doesn't exist, but nice job. Teach me sensi.............
    Last edited by arntufun; 03-14-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And now he has disappeared!!!

Spyder Garage

Is the punisher a slip on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    The punisher exhaust http://rlsexhaust.com/
    I heard one of these at the beginning of the year and it made my HMF sound like a stock can!....

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Lamonster;585586]

[/QUOTE

just ordered this exhaust for my 2011rts i hope it sounds just as bad.once i get this i will be selling my yosh any takers on the yosh

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is there actually any good argument for having a noisy machine that'll make your neighbors wish that you had bought elsewhere?

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Is there actually any good argument for having a noisy machine that'll make your neighbors wish that you had bought elsewhere?
    Yep, Makes it easier for the politicians to pass Anti-biking laws.
    When a loud bike passes by' most bystanders aren't saying, Like most bikers would like to think;

''Wow that guy is cool'',
    ''NO''They're thinking something entirety different...

Spyder Garage

Bob, I'm pretty sure someone will say it's for safety b/c it alerts the cagers, which doesn't wash. Any noise from your spyder you leave behind, not in front.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks guys! I thought for sure that my asbestos britches would have been feeling a bit of heat by now...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default yes on the two brothers

we agree the two brothers is the best rumble by far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Dual Two Bros. Has a nice deep rumble.

Spyder Garage

Question : Why are you so interested in the noise?
    Performance doesn't have to come at the expense of somebody's eardrums these days.
    Well said!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default Hindle Exhaust

I have a Hindle exhaust with Kewlmetal air intake and power commander, my BMW friends when riding behind and I'm getting on the throttle tell me that it sounds like a NASCAR race car.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.” Edward Burke

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Yep, Makes it easier for the politicians to pass Anti-biking laws.
    When a loud bike passes by' most bystanders aren't saying, Like most bikers would like to think;

''Wow that guy is cool'',
    ''NO''They're thinking something entirety different...
    Excellent comments from BD and boborgera!

I'm a libertarian, and not too surprisingly, believe folks should be able to do their own thing; including vehicle exhaust systems. Within reason.................. You only have to look at smokers (I quit when cigs were 85 cents a pack) to see what happens when a class of people draw enough negative attention to themselves by engaging in a behavior, or a practice that inflicts itself (even unintentionally) on others, to those other's irritation. Which directly goes to what boborgera says above. I'm pretty sure people won't get ill from second hand exhaust noise, but if enough of them bitch about it; some politician will be glad to make life "better for us". Which could include new noise regulations, equipment inspections and certifications (on our dime no doubt), and/or tests (on our dime), tickets, court time (on our dime, again), blah, blah, blah....................you get the drift. And, technically speaking, making more noise does not equal making more power, and in fact, can harm your rides performance. Riding with open, or excessively loud exhaust systems (including some featured in this thread) is very similar to inflicting second hand smoke on the folks around you. If it was ONLY you who could hear your exhaust; no one else would care. I've got aftermarket exhausts on all my vehicles, and each was selected for proven performance enhancement capabilities, and tone without excessive noise. The TBR on my Spyder is my least favorite because it's the loudest, even with the P1X quieting tip in it (been thinking about having a shop weld an additional inch of tubing onto the inside end of it). I'm always very careful to keep my fist out of the throttle in town (not too difficult in my one horse village); I get along fine with the local LEOs, and my neighbors, and intend to keep it that way. Just sayin'..................

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As a hunter; I've learned that you have to keep an eye on the much bigger picture...
    10% of the population hunts
    Now; there are also probably 10% of the population out there who absolutely HATE hunting, and hope that we all would just stop...
    That leaves 80% that really don't have a strong opinion...
    And THOSE are the folks who will determine the future for hunting!
    Tick them off by acting like and idiot or worse,, and they swing over to the anti-hunting crowd...

It's the same for motorcycles...
    Rattle the eardrums of the public around you long enough; and they start wishing that you'd just go away...

off my soapbox...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've gotta agree with Bob, Flanker, et. al. Loud pipes don't save lives. They simply piss the neighbors off. The guy that sits at a red light revin' his ryde is especially annoying. Many municipalities have already passed ordinances requiring motorcycles to have EPA approved mufflers. More will do so as people insist on having the loudest pipes available.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Spyder Garage

Hi Guys,

I have a Micron Exhaust. It does sound bad a$$. I got it with my purchase of the GS. But I also do agree with many of you above, and i do feel embarrassed much of the time when i am in my neighborhood by the loud exhaust and the attention it gets. I sometimes think to myself that this is negative attention, not like the attention you get when at the gas station fillup or when its parked on the side. It might be people getting annoyed.

So i am waiting for my first meet up with somebody with a stock exhaust. If the sound it much different, I might go back to the stock exhaust, which the guy who sold me the back did include. He did tell me the bike sounds like a 'sewing machine' without the exhaust LOL. But i think he meant it enthusiastically.

Fas

Spyder Garage

I did a road trip and blew out the fiber glass. It's basically straight piped. Sounds nice and loud!!! I will trade for a stock, or aftermarket that's a little quieter, just PM me.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How about a Leo-Vince exhaust?

Spyder Garage

Didn't know LV made a Spyder system (unless that one was custom adapted from another application). Did sound rather "authoritative"........................on the other hand it's hard to tell what it really sounds like as it looked like the video was made in a garage, or shed. Looked like the kid was putting his hands over his ears!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I knew that Leo Vince put out some great exhaust canisters for aTVs... This is the first I've hears of anything for a road-going application.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Another vote for the Two Brothers. Not nearly as "extreme" as the Punisher or the shotgun, but loud nonetheless.

Maybe I was expecting something more like the sound of my Leo Vince on my Versys, but the TBR single Black Series is plenty loud for my taste. And no fuel management needed.
    --
    Central Arkansas
    2010 RS-S SE5 Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have the tailgunner exhaust for my 09 Spyder RS with a Juice Box and K&N air filter, and absolutely love it. I am on the same page as you, as far as wanting loud exhausts, but I also desire tone. I played with this exhaust a bit, removing the baffle, taking out the fiberglass packing, ect... and have heard the difference. The muffler as it comes sounds great, loud, but not as obnoxious as it was without the baffle and packing. Without the baffle and packing, it literally sounds like a rat bike / drag bike. Extremely fast rev up, very snappy sound!!! I loved it, and had so much fun riding around making all kinds of noise, sounding like Im going WAY faster than I was. That was until I hit a certain rpm and the essentially hollow can sounded, well, pingy if that makes any sense. It sort of sounded cheap, and struck a nerve with me when I hit that certain tone. I ended up putting the baffle back in and put my own fiberglass packing in, and Im back to loving it again. I own two Harley Davidson V-Rods, an 09 Muscle with Tab mufflers, Power Commander 5 and K&N Air Filter. The other V-Rod is an 03A with an FAIC pipe, (basically straight header no baffle) Power Commander 3 and K&N Air Filter. I am a performance junkie, and love having something unique. You sure get the uniqueness with a Tailgunner Exhaust. Just my two cents

Spyder Garage

also, it is to my knowledge that if you just change the exhaust on your bike, then your not really changing enough to need a tuner. If you just change the exhaust, your allowing the bike to get rid of the exhaust faster, which doesn't change the air to fuel ratio enough to matter at all. I don't believe that you are going to damage the engine this way. IF you decide to put in a high flow air filter, then you are allowing your bike to breath, increasing the air ratio, which in turn you would need to add a tuner to change the fuel ratio to make sure you don't run too lean. Some people may have different opinions, but in my experience, if you change just the exhaust you are ok to not use a tuner. If you change the air filter to a high flow air filter, you would want a tuner to richen up the air to fuel ratio, and would in theory gain power as well. For my bikes, being a performance junkie, the first thing I always do is get an exhaust, tuner and high flow air filter for my bikes, even before I do any cosmetic upgrades. I want my bikes to run like a raped ape

Spyder Garage

I went with the hmf one friend has it another has a single 2brothers the hmf was louder and had a nice rumble . And yes I do what to piss off my neighbor we hate each other. N
    But my Main reason is I like things loud , so it was for my own hearing pleasure. I do suggest a juice box or the hmf optimizer which I put on after because with out it u will get a lot of back firing which went away after the optimizer was installed and I also went with a green air filter. I am know considering adding a turbo to it with 6 psi .in hopes of getting the bike over 123 which is the fastest I got with a GPS the speedo said 118 . I don't know why they read different but I always use a GPS for a true speed reading. Thanks for everyone's help .i do appreciate the input . Some like there machines loud I'm one of them.and I do feel it is a little safer because u can hear from a good distance putting the certain drivers of cars that don't pay attention At attention .That said thanks again will post a video of the bike after the turbo install.
    happy riding everyone
    also does anyone know if there is a speed limiter on the bike? Thanks again. This is the best forum for inter acting with people who know about the bike
    Last edited by HATER27; 08-28-2013 at 07:48 AM.