Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Does anybody have an RT (not RT-S or Limited)?

I mean, if you live with the color choice, it seems like the best bang for the buck. Mostly cosmetic differences, except for the air shocks. And I'm not sure I even want those. It seems like everyone has an -S or a limited.

Spyder Garage

25 k----very happy with base RT-----Budro

Spyder Garage

I have a base model 2010 RT. There are a lot more then cometic difference however. All I thought I wanted was a CB and added that to the deal. Then I found out, you can not add a CB with out adding the radio package. Money I did not have at the time. It cost more to put one in later on, then it would have to get one with it. On board air ride compressor. Some models, not mine, are automatic ajustable. I added a manual one. Somebody on here said, they had a open bag light on, when there saddle bag was open. mine does not.
    Some dealers hae a list of what is on each model. The higher the cost, the more stuff. For example, XM (or whatever it is) is not important to me. Heated whatevers may be important to you. The grips, only, are heated on mine, which is okay with me.
    The experts ( NOT me) on here will go in with more.

Make of a list of what you want and deal. Good luck and safe riding.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Wish I would have gone bigger

I've got the 2012 RT A&C. I'm happy with it so far but I wish I would have bitten the bullet and gone all the way up to top of the line. I think it would have been cheaper in the long run instead of trying to add can am parts piece by piece.

Spyder Garage

Yep, I have a 2010 RT AC manual and love it.

Spyder Garage

I have the base 2012 RT A&C and love it. Figured this way I could put on it what I wanted.

Spyder Garage

Default Spider Type

I've got an RTS-SE5. LUVIT.... I did'nt need a GPS and CB so I went down one notch in the food chain. I have not been disappointed
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i have a 2012 rt se5 with the a/c package. the only way i was able to afford the upgrade from my 2008 gs is that i bought it at the end of the year when they were offering great deals to get the 2012's off the floor. it was the last one they had so i had no choice on the color (silver). i paid $18,899 and i'm very satisfied with what i have.

Spyder Garage

2012 RT limited. Got it mid July '12. Happy as h3ll with it, No mods made to it as it is fine for me as it is..

Spyder Garage

Have a 2012 RT A/C SM5, very happy with it. I have added fog lights but that is all I need.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got the RT A&C. The only thing on the higher models I wish I had was the suspension upgrade. If you will be riding both alone, and 2-up then that feature comes in handy, as I have the pressure set for 2-up, and when I do the PGR missions, I ride alone, and can feel the difference. The rest of it I didn't really need, nor do I miss.

Now the LTD... If we had had the money for that, I probably would have jumped on it for the features it had...

Spyder Garage

My observation is that oftentimes folks go with less expensive base model only to spend twice as much on mods as it would have cost to go with an upgrade model to start with... I had a 2010 RTS (lost to a trailer truck at 21000 miles) and I upgraded to a 2012 Rt Limited. Even though the RTS had a lot of bells and whistles I am even happier with the Ltd
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I am not sure, where in the line, the on board air compressor is, but the Baker Air Wing (SL Sponsor)is around $300.00 or so. A good deal, if you not have the BRP one. Works with a button in the Glove compartment. Love mine.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Happy owner
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT

Quote Originally Posted by nonseven View Post
    I mean, if you live with the color choice, it seems like the best bang for the buck. Mostly cosmetic differences, except for the air shocks. And I'm not sure I even want those. It seems like everyone has an -S or a limited.

We have a 2012 RT SE5 A/C in blue. We are happy, the radio is nice but I thought the CB is way over priced ($ 700-800) . You can by CB'S starting at about $ 75.00, the factory one is 10 times the street price. Besides we are Ham radio operators, got out of CB years ago. The heated grips are nice also.

Spyder Garage

2012 RT-Ltd Lava Bronze and still spending money on Farkles, thought i seen a light at the end of the tunnel........turned out to be the Farkle Train coming at me again.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I started out with a 2010 RT A&C...
    And then dreaded Farkling Bug struck!
    Over the past two and a half years, I've upgraded it to RTS specs...
    But i wouldnt suggest it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RT

I have a 2012 RT SE5 a/c.
    I love it. My only complaint is a lot of add on cost almost twice for labor as what tbe part cost.
    Example. Air horn cost $90.00. Install $175.00.

Spyder Garage

2012 Base Model here! Don,t need radio-Have Earbuds!
    Like the Black plastic better than Chrome!
    Like the Manual Shift because I have Auto on the GS so its different!!!
    Like the New $17,000 Plus Tax price even Better!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Sometimes savings aren’t really savings in the long run

I bought my bike (RT A&C SE5) because I was looking only at price of package. It wasn’t long before I wanted some of the parts that the S had (fog lights, chrome trims, etc,) and I wound up paying more for the upgrades than the package would have when you include labor. The part I do not like is the lack of the adjustable rear suspension and the small air bladder (on the A&C) that is constantly running out of air pressure and leaving my butt absorbing bumps-a-plenty. I bought my wife the S model and she loves it. There are some good deals out there now for them (2012’s). Do your research fully!

Spyder Garage

we have a 2010 premiere rts-se5 limited and are glad we bot it with all the bells n beepers...the bike was on the floor when we walked in but had a sold tag on it..we decided to order a limited with everything..were in the process of specing the bike which was easy...rts-se5 limited everything...when the owner of the dealer ship came and told us the buyer called n cancelled the order, they had got the bike special for him. needless to say the dealer was very unhappy and kept his deposit!!!! the dealer came and took us a side and asked if we were interesed in the sold bike which was timeless black (not my favorite color)..since he kept the deposit he sold the bike to us for 22,900.00 we rode the bike home that day. they even threw in 2 helmets...and are very glad we bot a limited or i would have spent a fortune put in stock upgrades on it..only thing it did not comm system or cb radio. we wanted wireless any way no big deal...if you can swing it, look at the spec sheets and order what you want...oh incidentely another thing that helped was that it has a serial number of 0058.!!!!58-1500.. the man that ordered it wouldnt buy unless it had a serial number of 0100 or less, dealer spent a lot of time finding this bike...his loss was our gain....
    Last edited by rock; 03-05-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    gary (ô¿ô)

2010 can am spyder RTS-SE5 limited... #0058
    timeless black
    lighting by .......Big Dog Productions
    pin striping by..Letterfly
    exhaust by.......Spyder1attitude
    strobe brake lights by...Custom Dynamics
    K & N air filter

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Does anybody have an RT (not RT-S or Limited)?

One thing to keep in mind as well is resale. When the serial number says RT, no S or Limited, even with all of the added packages, it'll still price out as an RT without the add ons you paid extra for. Yes, you can add them to the NADA or KBB options, but the base value is still against the original bike.

Spyder Garage

I guess I am one of those with the opposite opinion. I bought a 2010 RT-S premier edition #474. That version had all the bells and whistles on it. My only add ons were a Corbin seat, floorboards and a bunch of lights.

When it came time for a second RT--we bought a 2011 RT A & C new in 2012. The money I saved was the main reason. I have added a comfort seat, floorboards, and additional lights. Don't plan on adding anything additional. Don't even miss the auto air shocks.

This go around--less is better.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 2011 RT AC and am perfectly happy with it.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We have a 2010 base RT - no S, no Limited, no A&C. The only thing I've added is Alaska Leathers sheepskin seat pads, 2011 RT shocks, and a BajaRon sway bar. I would have added all that to any 2010 RT. I don't listen to music when I'm riding, if I did I'd add an MP3 player to my Scala headsets. It takes me about 30 seconds to adjust the air pressure in my rear shock (much easier and faster than any other suspension adjustment I've ever had). I like the look of the base RT much better than the others with more chrome. I don't need fog lights. In short, there's nothing on the S's, Limited's or A&C's that I'd give any money for. And I'll bet that, when I finally sell my RT, if I ever do, it will bring a larger percentage of what I paid for it than the more expensive ones. Note that I probably won't sell it for a long, long time because I can't really buy a base RT anymore. Oh, one other thing, I don't remember just how much but the base RT is quite a bit lighter than the others so, in this case, it really is faster : )

Cotton